Final Fantasy XIII better on PS3?

BlackIrish05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By BlackIrish05

I was thinking because of their relation with Sony for so long, and the power of th PS3 over the 360 (and Blu-Ray disc), do you think the PS3 version may be better, or at least graphically? Or maybe vice-versa? 

Found this on Destructoid: 

http://www.destructoid.com/final-fantasy-xiii-actually-will-be-better-on-ps3-157358.phtml  

I find it intresting that they are packing the game so they can use not as many discs. As a fan, I would rather an extra disc, if it would give me a better playing experience. But, maybe it was a money issue. 

But back to the original question, looks like PS3 has the advantage. I wonder how much it will be noticeable, or even if.     

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By zombie2011

it will be the same on both platforms.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By LiquidPrince

PS3 because that is what it was made for originally.

bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By bubahula

im gona say that they will be the same.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CL60

They are going to be the exact same. If not exactly VERY minor differences.

StarwindX9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6  Edited By StarwindX9

Given Square's track record on the 360, I expect it to be similar, but buggy as hell on the 360. I love everything Square does... but Last Remnant and Infinite Undiscovery were both very hard to play.

iPhone_Tyler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By iPhone_Tyler
alexl86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By alexl86

Keep in mind that they were releasing exclusively on Nintendo consoles before making exclusive games for the Playstation. They go where the money is.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#9  Edited By Yummylee
@LiquidPrince said:
"PS3 because that is what it was made for originally. "
Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Akeldama
@Abyssfull said:
" @LiquidPrince said:
"
ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ShadowSkill11

They should be about the same but I am expecting less compression artifacts on the PS3 version due to the storage capabilities of blueray discs.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By artofwar420

Maybe a little bit, but not enough that anyone will care? I dunno. The only thing that would hinder the xbox360 version would be disc, or multiple discs.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By xyzygy
@Abyssfull said:

" @LiquidPrince said:

"
WTF? They dumbed that version down and that version, back when it was exclusive and using the White Engine, is gone. They are using Crystal Tools now, for both platforms, and it will be the same on both platforms. Only fanboys reply with mindless answers like this. 

@flickr said:

" Obviously PS3 because only it will include Final Fantasy XIII Versus. "

Versus is a totally different game and is not going to be released along with FFXIII. I don't know where the hell you heard that.
moelarrycurly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By moelarrycurly

Since the 360 version is ported from the PS3, I'd say that the PS3 will be better.  Hopefully the differences will be minimal.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Yummylee
@xyzygy said:
" @Abyssfull said:
" @LiquidPrince said:
"
WTF? They dumbed that version down and that version, back when it was exclusive and using the White Engine, is gone. They are using Crystal Tools now, for both platforms, and it will be the same on both platforms. Only fanboys reply with mindless answers like this. "

aaalritey
Interfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Interfect
@Akeldama said:
" @Abyssfull said:
" @LiquidPrince said:
"
"
@xyzygy: Don't get all pissy because we are assuming the PS3 version to be better then the 360.
BlackIrish05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BlackIrish05
@xyzygy: So which version would you get, if you have/had both consoles?
xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By xyzygy
@BlackIrish05 said:
" @xyzygy: So which version would you get, if you have/had both consoles? "
I do have both (actually all three) and I'm getting it for 360 because I get all my multi-plats for it. For achievements. I figure that since it's the same game, I may as well add to my achievements in the process :D If all PS3 games had trophies I would care more about it and it would be a bigger decision, but frankly because of the trophy system not being in over half of the PS3 games out right now I am just going to stick with achievements. 

The only difference will be the amount of discs (most likely), but if one can manage to somehow feed oneself and use the toilet appropriately, that is not a concern. 

@Interfect: I'm not getting pissy, I just dislike fanboys who give no answers for their reasons or if the answers are irrelevant and they still persist because it makes them feel better inside.
Interfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Interfect
@xyzygy: Fair enough. Is all good.
theWarren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#20  Edited By theWarren

I hope the PS3 version is superior, and if i get this game i will be getting it for the PS3.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By meteora

I think they will be the same; other than the PS3 only requiring one disc while the 360 needing multiples.

Oh and didn't they mention that they make the game on the PC first then port it over to the PS3/360?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Yummylee
@xyzygy:
I'm tired, couldn't really be bothered writing up as to why i feel the ps3 version will be superior. But yeah the general assumption that its been made for the ps3 and the 360 is getting the port says to me that the ps3 will have the superior version. Much like Bayonetta and how that was developed strictly with the 360 in mind and the ps3 version now looks to be pretty rough in comparison. 

Truthfully though I wouldn't care if the 360 version actually turns out to shit all over the ps3 version, got both consoles myself and I'm not even looking forward all that much to FF13 haha.
IceOrb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By IceOrb
@xyzygy said:
" @Abyssfull said:

" @LiquidPrince said:

"
WTF? They dumbed that version down and that version, back when it was exclusive and using the White Engine, is gone. They are using Crystal Tools now, for both platforms, and it will be the same on both platforms. Only fanboys reply with mindless answers like this. 

@flickr said:

" Obviously PS3 because only it will include Final Fantasy XIII Versus. "

Versus is a totally different game and is not going to be released along with FFXIII. I don't know where the hell you heard that. "
Crystal Tools IS the White Engine. They never got rid of it and they never dumbed anything down. The only thing that happened was they changed the name of the engine and switched development to a cross platform centric development cycle.
xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By xyzygy
@Meteora said:

" Oh and didn't they mention that they make the game on the PC first then port it over to the PS3/360? "

I don't think people understand that or they either refuse to believe it... lol! 

@IceOrb: When it was exclusive to the PS3 it looked a little better. Go look at some old videos for yourself. 
IceOrb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By IceOrb

It looks the same.

BlackIrish05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BlackIrish05
@xyzygy: The thing about the achievements is all the other JRPG have had terrible ones, or at least in my opinion. Do you think this one will?
iPhone_Tyler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#27  Edited By iPhone_Tyler
@xyzygy:  
You are correct, I had my facts wrong. All the same though,  having another FF game available for the platform will please a lot of PS3 owners.
xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By xyzygy
@BlackIrish05 said:

" @xyzygy: The thing about the achievements is all the other JRPG have had terrible ones, or at least in my opinion. Do you think this one will? "

Well, I don't know what you mean by "terrible". The Last Remnant's Achievement are really hard (because the game is really hard), Infinite Undiscovery has some pretty fun ones but then others are like "Beat so and so on Ultimate Difficulty" which would require hours and hours and hours (like 100+) of grinding. Tales of Vesperia has some pretty awesome achievements in it though and people who 1000 it should be proud. Lost Odyssey's aren't that bad (I 1000'ed :D), Blue Dragon's I have no idea about. I went through that game and only got 90 -_-. 

Honestly I can't really say what they'll be like. Hopefully they will put a lot of thought into them, considering how long it's taking them to make the damn game! I'm hoping for some achievements related to the sphere grid-like leveling system it's going to use (I can't remember the name... Crystal Board or something) 

@flickr said:
" @xyzygy:  You are correct, I had my facts wrong. All the same though,  having another FF game available for the platform will please a lot of PS3 owners. "
Exactly! I don't see why PS3 fanboys are pissed, because they're getting another game all to their own! It may not be a mothership title but it certainly looks the hell like one!
Duecenage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#29  Edited By Duecenage

The in game stuff will be the same. But I think the pre-rendered cutscenes are going to be more compress or slightly smaller resolution on the 360 as one of Square's attempts to keep disc numbers down. Be kinda like comparing the streaming "HD" they have in the movie store vs the less compressed and artifacty HD that plays off a disc. Or maybe even 1080i video instead of 1080p, that'll cut things in half yet keeping it looking really nice.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#30  Edited By EpicSteve

So good it'll make you biscuits.

Brandinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Brandinator

I honestly doubt there will be much of a difference. What are the chances they completely botch this "port"? It's not very likely. Typically, multi-console games are practically identical, save for the occasional situation where one is significantly better than the other--Bayonetta comes to mind--but even that doesn't seem like enough to completely turn someone away from the game. 

Currently I'm a little torn as to whether I want to get it for PS3 or for 360. The idea of Final Fantasy being "weird" to play on a Microsoft console is not really an issue for me, but I can't shake the feeling that FFXIII is one of the reasons I got a PS3. Getting it on the 360 now would be kind of a bummer, but it's those damn achievements...I can never resist the damn achievements.

Bouke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#32  Edited By Bouke

Who cares! I'll just get it for the system it looks best on... yeah for multi platforms!
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Willy105

The PS3 is the original version, so it will at least run better there.  

@xyzygy
said:

"@Abyssfull said:

" @LiquidPrince said:

"

It's not fanboyism. It's common sense. It's still using the White Engine (Crystal Tools), it's still the same game, it's just that it will also be ported to the 360. When has any game ran better on a system which development did not start?
Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#34  Edited By Luke
Avatar image for generalmojo_786
GeneralMojo_786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By GeneralMojo_786

ps3 will have japanese voice overs and cutscenes will be in true 5.1 tru 1080p :)

m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36  Edited By m1k3

The only reason the PS3 would be better is because it was the lead platform for FFXIII and then ported to the 360. but they said it is the same for both.

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

I am thinking the PS3 version will be better, if only slightly. I have decided to get it for that system unless reviews come out and for some odd reason the 360 version is superior. I doubt that very much though, even though as a gaming console, I prefer the 360 overall.

Eelcire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Eelcire
@GeneralMojo_786: From what I've read, the NA release of Final Fantasy XIII for both platforms will be English only.
MushroomSamba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#39  Edited By MushroomSamba

I have both consoles, but I'll probably get it for the PS3. I usually get my multiplats for the PS3 anyway, mostly because of free online play (I know that doesn't apply to FFXIII) and I think it's more reliable in the long run as well (paranoid of RRoD).

BlackIrish05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By BlackIrish05

Hey I just found this on Destructoid: 

http://www.destructoid.com/final-fantasy-xiii-actually-will-be-better-on-ps3-157358.phtml  

I find it intresting that they are packing the game so they can use not as many discs. As a fan, I would rather an extra disc, if it would give me a better playing experience. But, maybe it was a money issue. 

But back to the original question, looks like PS3 has the advantage. I wonder how much it will be noticeable, or even if. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5aad21fd3cb7d
deactivated-5aad21fd3cb7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the 360 will be better, because from what I read all the time, everything is better on the 360 :P

BlackIrish05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By BlackIrish05
@BattleShinobi: Did you read the article? 
meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By meteora

I think I might like having multiple of discs. Gives me more disc art covers to look and admire at.

azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By azteris

I enjoy realizing who is 360-biased by reading this thread.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By MikkaQ

Since they're both the same.... 

I'm going for achievements.  

Unless there's some crazy exclusives or something. I thought that versus shit was separate though?

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#46  Edited By KaosAngel

My copy ships in about a couple days, so it's PS3 only in Japan.  I could careless about the 3shitty version.  

I own a Kuro Pioneer Elite with a high end 7.1 Sound System, so if I had to pick...it would be the PS3 version.  

Full uncompressed video with audio is what this industry needs. 

SuBsTaNcE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#47  Edited By SuBsTaNcE

I am thinking about getting it on 360 as a really do prefer it over my PS3 but if it comes out that it is far superior on PS3 then of course I will get it on that.

If it means waiting a few days after release to get a good comparison review then so be it

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Barrock

I'm willing to bet that it will have some improvements on the PS3. How many 360 discs is it?

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49  Edited By dbz1995

Wii.

ZING

BlackIrish05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By BlackIrish05
@Barrock: 4 or 3. Not exacly sure. 

Actually, I don't even know if it was annouced yet.