• 128 results
Cegoraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Cegoraph

What are some video game franchise you would like to see remade?

I believe the Ultima series needs a comeback. I'm not a veteran of the series, because my first experience with the series started when I bought the Ultima collection few months after it's release. I became a huge Ultima fan from there, and I eagerly awaited the ninth and final single-player installment for the series. But Ultima IX was such a massive letdown. It was buggy, glitchy, poor voice acting, tons of inconsistencies with the universe, weak story, bad combat, bad voice acting, bad ending,  and a horrific first act. Ultima IX: Ascension drove a dagger so deep in the heart of Ultima, that the only way the series can possibly survive would, be to wipe the slay clean and do a remake. It would be a shame for the series to end it's single-player with Ultima IX, and I hope a remake to bring the series back into it's former glory days.

ImpendingFoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By ImpendingFoil

Dino Crisis.

And have it be nothing like that bullshit third one.

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By phantomzxro
@ImpendingFoil said:
"Dino Crisis.  And have it be nothing like that bullshit third one. "

Yeah i could see it being made in the same style like RE5 and have  co-op with it.
themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By themangalist

Seven Kingdoms. Seriously, best rts game ever.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By RobotHamster

Pokemon.  

Cegoraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Cegoraph
@themangalist said:
" Seven Kingdoms. Seriously, best rts game ever. "
Argument destroyed! 
Argument destroyed! 
fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#7  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

Wing Commander, Krush Kill 'N Destroy, Wizardry.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Ghostiet
@fisk0 said:
" Wizardry. "

Hell yeah.

Battle Realms was a great RTS, I'd like to see someone fiddle with its ideas. 

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AhmadMetallic

i'd like to see Vice City remade so it doesnt feel so retarded that i cant play for 10 minutes without vomiting (what im saying is i LOVED it back then, but its outdated)

sgjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By sgjackson

Seconding Pokemon. I still love it even if it is the same, though.

Mega Man - I know 9 and 10 exist and they did an ok job bringing the old school stuff back, but I never could shake how awesome it felt to explore the big side-dungeon in Mega Man Legends, even if my memories are somewhat tainted by nostalgia. A Mega Man game which was a mix of Metroidvania dungeon crawler and competent third person shooter would be badass.

Cegoraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Cegoraph
@fisk0 said:
" Wing Commander"
Oh man, I would love to see the Wing Commander franchise rebooted. It was one of my favorite game franchises, growing up as a child.
OldGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By OldGuy
The Operative: No One Lives Forever I want Cate back, I want '60s spy action, I want to have a fight in the middle of a blizzicane (combo blizzard/hurricane cause it's really hard to top a fight in a flying house in the middle of a frickin' Tornado)!
fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By fisk0  Moderator
@Cegoraph said:

" @fisk0 said:

" Wing Commander"
Oh man, I would love to see the Wing Commander franchise rebooted. It was one of my favorite game franchises, growing up as a child. "

Mine too, hopefully it will get picked up again now as both BioWare and Blizzard have mentioned it a lot in the recent months - some people at BioWare want to release the original game updated to run on modern machines (EA owns the rights for the series, and it seems BioWare are the ones that has most of the old Origin stuff), while Blizzard obviously designed the intermission ship sequences in StarCraft II as a homage to the ship sightseeing stuff in the Wing Commander series.

Hopefully the inclusion of a space combat part in Halo Reach will also remind some people that there used to be an entire genre of games like that too.

crunchmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By crunchmonkey

SSX. It must happen.
bananablade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By bananablade

One Must Fall: 2097 

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By butano

Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy. Game was awesome, but then Midway bankrupted. Game ended with a cliffhanger too, to make matters worse.

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By benjaebe

TimeSplitters would be nice.

My dream remake is Resident Evil Outbreak series. So much potential to be great, especially with how far online gaming has come.

audiosnag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By audiosnag
@ImpendingFoil said:
" Dino Crisis.  And have it be nothing like that bullshit third one. "
You got my vote.
@fisk0 said:
" Wing Commander "
So do you
kalmis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#19  Edited By kalmis
djaoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By djaoni
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By JJOR64
EpicBenjamin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 46

#22  Edited By EpicBenjamin
@Butano said:
"Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy. Game was awesome, but then Midway bankrupted. Game ended with a cliffhanger too, to make matters worse. "
Cegoraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Cegoraph
@djaoni said:
" @kalmis said:

Dark Forces or other early Lucasarts games could do fine with a reboot as well "

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/    Please don't destroy any more classics with generic reboots.  "
It would only be a generic reboot if it allowed you to aim down iron sights, only had three color palleted, and fight through waves of brainless baddies through a sequence of scripted events.
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#24  Edited By Yummylee
@phantomzxro said:
" @ImpendingFoil said:
"Dino Crisis.  And have it be nothing like that bullshit third one. "
Yeah i could see it being made in the same style like RE5 and have  co-op with it. "
And it would make so much more sense to add those gaming qualities too. Bring one ma Dino Crisis! Knowing CAPCOM these days, I'm more wondering to which low key developer they'll hand the franchise to, if they were to reboot it all..
Avatar image for deactivated-5a1d45de5ef23
deactivated-5a1d45de5ef23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Devil May Cry.....

Oh wait, i thought you meant games that DOESNT need a reboot

Helushune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Helushune
@Cegoraph said:
"What are some video game franchise you would like to see remade?

I believe the Ultima series needs a comeback. I'm not a veteran of the series, because my first experience with the series started when I bought the Ultima collection few months after it's release. I became a huge Ultima fan from there, and I eagerly awaited the ninth and final single-player installment for the series. But Ultima IX was such a massive letdown. It was buggy, glitchy, poor voice acting, tons of inconsistencies with the universe, weak story, bad combat, bad voice acting, bad ending,  and a horrific first act. Ultima IX: Ascension drove a dagger so deep in the heart of Ultima, that the only way the series can possibly survive would, be to wipe the slay clean and do a remake. It would be a shame for the series to end it's single-player with Ultima IX, and I hope a remake to bring the series back into it's former glory days. "

If Ultima came back and was done right (I'm looking at you, 3 and 7, the NES version wasn't half bad either) I'd be incredibly happy.  I bought Ultima 9 when it first came out and it wouldn't even install on my computer.  A few months later, Origin Systems sent me a seperate install CD with a bunch of patches and fixes and a big appology letter.  The heart was there but the game, like you mentioned, was incredibly buggy and rushed.

I would love to see Tribes rebooted.  Preferably with the old Dynamix guys that made it great.  First one was great.  Second was amazing despite its bugginess because Sierra was a bunch of jerks.  And the third one (not Dynamix dudes) was absolute trash.  I still play Tribes 2 thanks to TribesNext but I would really like to see this series get the love it deserves.
Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Road Rash
X-Men Legends (Marvel UA sucks big time)

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By mutha3

Pokémon.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By beargirl1
@benjaebe said:
" My dream remake is Resident Evil Outbreak series. So much potential to be great, especially with how far online gaming has come. "
great choice! i like this one. 
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Yummylee
@TaliciaDragonsong said:
"  X-Men Legends (Marvel UA sucks big time) "
You g'ta hell! You g'ta hell and yu diiee! 

The second one wasn't as awesome and memorable as I'd of hoped, but MUA 1 is my favourite in the series. Arcade's levels were just so creative and fun.
tobygw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: -1

#31  Edited By tobygw

Ratchet and Clank

TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Abyssfull: 
No really, Marvel UA is a watered down version.
X-Men Legends is where its at, I don't care which characters star in it, but it needs a reboot.
We lack such fun 4 player co op fighters!
TNK1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By TNK1
@Jethuty said:
" Devil May Cry.....  Oh wait, i thought you meant games that DOESNT need a reboot "
LMAO but really Star Fox,Resident Evil, and TimeSplitters.
FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By FreakAche

Kotor or Jade Empire could both use a nice Mass Effect style re-imagining.

hanktherapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By hanktherapper
@OldGuy said:
" The Operative: No One Lives Forever I want Cate back, I want '60s spy action, I want to have a fight in the middle of a blizzicane (combo blizzard/hurricane cause it's really hard to top a fight in a flying house in the middle of a frickin' Tornado)! "
What he said. I always thought "Dungeon Keeper" should make a comeback and it is. :D
skadbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#36  Edited By skadbob
@OldGuy said:
" The Operative: No One Lives Forever I want Cate back, I want '60s spy action, I want to have a fight in the middle of a blizzicane (combo blizzard/hurricane cause it's really hard to top a fight in a flying house in the middle of a frickin' Tornado)! "
This. 

But I don't want it to be a Prince of Persia reboot. More like a Street Fighter 4 reboot.
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#37  Edited By Diamond

There have been too many threads like this and it makes me depressed that some of these games aren't getting the proper remakes they deserve.

Dark Forces, Descent, Wing Commander, Warhawk (no MP-only BS), Jumping Flash, Tex Murphy series, X-Wing / Tie Fighter...

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Psi Ops just needs a fucking sequel already. If Midway actually markets it it will do well.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Yummylee
@TaliciaDragonsong said:
" @Abyssfull:  No really, Marvel UA is a watered down version. X-Men Legends is where its at, I don't care which characters star in it, but it needs a reboot. We lack such fun 4 player co op fighters! "
How is the MUA franchise a watered down version of X-Men Legends? I've played 'em all, and the MUA games is just X-Men Legends spliced with more cartoony crazy and all the more content.
Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By BulletproofMonk
@Ahmad_Metallic said:

" i'd like to see Vice City remade so it doesnt feel so retarded that i cant play for 10 minutes without vomiting (what im saying is i LOVED it back then, but its outdated) "

What? Vice City is still totally playable and fucking awesome.  

To answer the question, I agree on No One Lives Forever.
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Abyssfull: 
My opinion, MUA felt stiff (even more then X-men, go figure) and uninspired, stuff like Mad World was just boring and I didn't feel differences between the characters.
You had very obvious tank/dps/support roles which could not do much outside their role.

But meh, I still play XML2, but MUA just doesn't feel fun to me.
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Yummylee
@TaliciaDragonsong:  
Fair enough then. I'm the complete opposite, in which I could never last too long on the X-Men Legend games but can still have a fun thrill with a playthrough on the MUA ones. Especially the original Legends which has Wolverine an absolute necessity due to the high difficulty and low amount of healing potions. 

It's just another case of a conflict of opinions, that we so often find ourselves in ;P 

PS3 ROOLEZ
jesb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By jesb

Shenmue

TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Abyssfull: 
Yep, clash of opinions!
Shit needs to be rebooted tho, take the best from both and give us an ace co op game!
Faint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Faint

final fantasy.

jackbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By jackbag

Reboots are kinda dumb. 

If you're going to change a series enough to qualify as a reboot, just make it a new fucking game.

Falcoeagle53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Falcoeagle53
Hashbrowns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Hashbrowns

I think most of the suggestions so far have really been just sequels or remastered versions of existing games.  A reboot would start a franchise over entirely from scratch.
fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By fisk0  Moderator
@Diamond said:
" There have been too many threads like this and it makes me depressed that some of these games aren't getting the proper remakes they deserve.  Dark Forces, Descent, Wing Commander, Warhawk (no MP-only BS), Jumping Flash, Tex Murphy series, X-Wing / Tie Fighter... "
Fuck yes, Descent! Done with the geo-mod engine as it was originally planned too, so you can blast your own ways through the PTMC mines.
Cegoraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Cegoraph
@Hashbrowns said:
" I think most of the suggestions so far have really been just sequels or remastered versions of existing games.  A reboot would start a franchise over entirely from scratch. "
That's what I mean, I really want a reboot for the Ultima series. Ultima IX killed the franchise. 

@jesb said:
" Shenmue "
That doesn't need a reboot, it needs a sequel. 

@fisk0 said:
" @Diamond said:
" There have been too many threads like this and it makes me depressed that some of these games aren't getting the proper remakes they deserve.  Dark Forces, Descent, Wing Commander, Warhawk (no MP-only BS), Jumping Flash, Tex Murphy series, X-Wing / Tie Fighter... "
Fuck yes, Descent! Done with the geo-mod engine as it was originally planned too, so you can blast your own ways through the PTMC mines. "
Hopefully it'll make better use of the Geo-mod engine than fucking Red Faction. 

@jackbag
said:
" Reboots are kinda dumb.  If you're going to change a series enough to qualify as a reboot, just make it a new fucking game. "
I'm all for new IPs, but sometimes reboots are needed for games that didn't have a proper end.