Game of the year lists are boring.

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

I read all of it. I don't know what your problem is.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

You're a Game of the Year lists.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#53  Edited By mike

@34baxter said:

..people on the Giant bomb forums are just too blinded by their fandom to actually produce a compelling argument against anything i've said. Giantbomb can put out anything you want and you will lap it up and ask for more.

What are you doing here then? Start being polite or I'm going to show you the door.

forkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@34baxter said:

You people do realize that most of the working population in the United States does work around the holidays, right? Are you all middle school kids that get two weeks off?

Besides, its not like the content couldn't be recorded beforehand and then released periodically throughout the holiday season. That's an option as well.

Who gives a shit if new games are not being released? Sometimes the best quicklooks are quicklooks of shitty games. Not every quicklook needs to be the latest AAA blockbuster to be entertaining.

Top 10 lists are garbage, the discussion it produces is garbage, yet somehow every fucking gaming outlet feels the need to shit out a fucking list as if it is quality content.

Every single list is (mostly) the same. OH YOU THOUGHT BIOSHOCK WAS NUMBER ONE???? I THOUGHT IT WAS NUMBER FOUR HAHAHAH! fucking fascinating. its shit content that produces shit discussion.

I think most of the people that care about giant bomb enough to actually post on the giant bomb forums are just too blinded by their fandom to actually produce a compelling argument against anything i've said. Giantbomb can put out anything you want and you will lap it up and ask for more.

Demand quality.

You are entitled to your opinion but you're putting it forward in the most dickish way possible. You may recieve more constructive responses if you don't call everyone who is finds the GOTY shit interesting a fanboy.

No, lots of jobs have to work over the holidays (I say this as someone who has worked both days & nights on Xmas day, & New Years Day). But apparently CBSi employees don't have to. So deal with it. Clearly in their field they get time off at this time of year, it's not like IGN are in, or Gamespot, or whoever else. I'm perfectly happy getting GOTY content, specifically the podcasts (the lists themselves are whatever) where you get really interesting discussion on a wide variety of gaming topics over the week. There's a whole fucking new year coming guy, plenty of time to Quick Look the shitty games that came out at the tailend of 2013.

But then apparently you think the discussion boils down to "OH YOU THOUGHT BIOSHOCK WAS NUMBER ONE???? I THOUGHT IT WAS NUMBER FOUR" so maybe you're just a boring troll.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By MetalBaofu

Dude, you lose any sort of credibility or respect when you start throwing around the whole, "I don't like it, so you can't either unless you are mindless fanboys" crap. I like it because I find it entertaining, that's it. I'm not going to comment about whether they should work during the holidays or not, because I've already said my piece on that.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

If you don't enjoy a certain type of content, that's fine. You're welcome to your opinion, and the staff appreciate constructive criticism.

However, if you're just going to continue troll the community and insult those that don't share your opinion, you're not going to last long here. Your OP was fine, but that last post isn't going to fly around here.

Locking this down because we don't need ten pages of people calling you out for acting like a jerk.