Gamefly officially pisses me off now

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By suneku

4 games lost within 2 months, and I didn't rent many games between the 4 games that got lost (so it's essentially the last 4 out of 5 games). Maybe they aren't to blame, maybe I should be blaming the US post office. But I'm pissed because I literally have been paying 22 dollars per month to rent absolutely nothing these past 2 months and have lost games on my rental record (that one game that actually arrived, I already had a copy so returned it right away). They claim to do some sort of investigation but I highly doubt it, which pisses me off because maybe they do investigate, maybe they do find those lost games, but it's always going to say "lost" on my record. So yeah, they're probably going to suspend my account because of how closely these games got lost. Maybe not since I've been a member for 2 years and this is the first time so many got lost, there have been other games lost (mainly shitty games, which pisses me off). Hopefully they'll realize that if I wanted to steal one of their games I wouldn't have "lost" the Simpsons game, NBA2k8, MKvsDC, and Last Remnant. Although, the latest ones "lost" were Mirror's Edge and Prince of Persia. And I've also "lost" Smash Bros Brawl earlier this year. But seriously, if I wanted to steal one of their games I would've went for CoD4, Gears2, L4D, Fallout 3, GTA4, Mass Effect, and so on.

Blah, damnit if they do suspend me for this crap, it makes me wish I did "lose" a really good game instead. Ugh, I could literally drop by their warehouse to pick up these games and avoid the whole post office crap. Well, I've already sent in my profanity filled complaint to them.

/rant

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Maybe you shouldn't lose your games so much

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By suneku

hey thanks for the advice, I'll keep that in mind next time I'm doing the shipping.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Your welcome :)
Seriously though, that sucks.

Babble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Babble

As you said Gamefly isn't really at fault here. It's the postal service. If you really want to make sure they don't suspend the account get proof that the post office lost it then contact Gamefly.

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By suneku

How do I get proof? go up to a random post office (i'm not even sure which they sent it to) and ask them "hey did you guys steal my games?" They say they investigate, so if they can't find the proof I can't, and if they can't find the proof because they aren't trying to, that just makes me more mad. And it still could be gamefly's fault. I've heard shady stories about their workers stealing games.

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By granderojo

When gamefly gets the buying power of Netflix, they will allow you to freeze your account, best thing ever.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By brukaoru

When I used GameFly for a couple months, I didn't really have a problem with them. They said they had not received a game I sent back, but they sent me the next one in my queue. So I told them they must have gotten it because otherwise they wouldn't have sent me the next game in my queue. It was all cleared up after that, but that was kind of weird.

I could totally see their workers stealing games though, which really sucks. I hope they find the games and refund you.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By pause422

I still use gamefly to this day, started a year or so ago, I've never had a single problem, and 9/10 times a game gets here a day or two before I would ever expect it to, just extremely fast. I would say its the postal service for sure, I'm not ruling out gamefly or making an excuse for them , I'm just saying its most likely the postal service because I've never had or anyone I know has had a single problem like this, not even losing one game before.

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By suneku
brukaoru said:
"When I used GameFly for a couple months, I didn't really have a problem with them. They said they had not received a game I sent back, but they sent me the next one in my queue. So I told them they must have gotten it because otherwise they wouldn't have sent me the next game in my queue. It was all cleared up after that, but that was kind of weird.

I could totally see their workers stealing games though, which really sucks. I hope they find the games and refund you."
I doubt they actually "investigate" like they say after a lost game, so I'm not holding my breath for it.

pause422 said:
"because I've never had or anyone I know has had a single problem like this, not even losing one game before."
well now you know someone

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11  Edited By granderojo

make sure you drop it into a mail drop box, someone is stealing from your mail box.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee2492b629bb
deactivated-5ee2492b629bb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate Gamefly because of their slow shipping, lack of units and price, but that blows way worse.

Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Hexpane

cancelled my gamefly last year.  It was a great service for PS2 and XBOX1 games.  But the insanely LONG WAIT for any remotely decent PS3 game made it pointless for next gen gaming.  waiting 3 weeks to play Half Life 2 was simply not worth it.

Goozex FTW

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By RHCPfan24

That is strange. My Netflix has had few problems in the 10+ years I have had it. Considering it is most likely the postal service at fault here, I would assume you have some creepy postal workers nearby grasping for the latest Simpsons game.

Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Hexpane

the few times i had issues w/ gamefly most of them were data entry problems on THEIR END.  i.e. post office would fast track the game as delivered to them, but my Q or something would not be updated.

jonb1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jonb1

I just signed up. Hope i have better luck than you. I live in Pittsburgh, and one of their distribution centers are located here......should be good. Finally, Battle Fantasia will be coming to me b)

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17  Edited By Karmum

That sucks, I have been with them for 6 months and have had no problems. And before that, I used another service and never lost anything in the mail with them, either.

Gabii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Gabii

I thought about trying Gamefly, but their price plans really turned me off on the idea.

Avatar image for alucardalacarte
AlucardaLaCarte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19  Edited By AlucardaLaCarte

As the proud owner of an XBox360, Gamefly is next to worthless most of the time for me. It's like being in a really abusive relationship. They screw me over because 360 games are never readily available if they're younger than a full year, but every time I'm ready to give up on it, suddenly they ship a game I've sorta wanted to play but really don't wanna buy. Or they give me some kind of coupon and since they've got the best prices on games, that makes it even better, so I take it back. Someday I'll learn...

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20  Edited By Karmum
AlucardaLaCarte said:
"As the proud owner of an XBox360, Gamefly is next to worthless most of the time for me. It's like being in a really abusive relationship. They screw me over because 360 games are never readily available if they're younger than a full year, but every time I'm ready to give up on it, suddenly they ship a game I've sorta wanted to play but really don't wanna buy. Or they give me some kind of coupon and since they've got the best prices on games, that makes it even better, so I take it back. Someday I'll learn..."
Are you serious? I have them ship me  games on a games release date, or a day or so afterward.