Garfield360UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Garfield360UK

Hey all

With the recent big rush of titles out before and just after Christmas and the last few weeks (see Fallout 3, Animal Crossing, Killzone 2, Street Fighter 4, etc) I was wandering whether you had a bit of a pile to be catching up with before you were buying any more games?

For me I have Fallout 3 and/or Oblivion to try and do as well as Blue Dragon and quite a few other games (luckily not as long as those I hope) which was a bit of a silly thing for me to get them all as now I wont be able to get Resident Evil 5 and other titles until I have done these for sense of getting worth out of the games.

Anyway, I would like to see what your completing or how you approach such a task.

Discuss

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By jakob187

I recently started playing Warriors Orochi again at the house, and it's going much faster this time around to level up and get level 4 weapons than it did the last time.  Maybe that's because I know how to do everything already.  lol

I've also been slamming back into Banjo-Kazooie Nuts & Bolts, as well as some Dead Rising in anticipation for DR2.  A little bit of Crackdown here and there (gotta get those Agility Orbs).

Besides that, just leveling up on WoW with my Death Knight.  Now that my buddy hit 80, I have a reason to play on my warrior again though!  Tanking FTW!!!  He needs Heroic gear, and I just got def capped today finally!

As far as "catching up"...I never really have to play catch up.  I only play games that I care to play for the most part.  Other than that, it's usually just checking a game out, seeing what it's about, then deciding whether it's worth my money and time or not.

Hope you enjoy Fallout 3, man.  I really dug that game...and I was one of the Fallout-hardcore-naysayers!
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#3  Edited By AgentJ

I'm working on Chrono Trigger and Disgaea DS simultaneously, waiting for a friend to come over and play Madworld, and waiting for Fallout 3 to come in the mail. I wish I had money for Street Fighter and RE5, but I'll simply have to wait. Then again, I can't say i liked RE5s demo too much. Too hectic, especially compared to 4, which is one of my favorite games of all time. 

Besides those, I have a ton of games in my collection that i haven't even started, not to mention castle crashers, castlevania SOTN, SSF2HDTR, and Ikargua on XBOX live.
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By penguindust

I've started Persona FES (inspired by the GB Endurance run) and have also revisited Dragon Quest VIII having just finished DQ5 for the DS.  As I've said before, I'm on an otaku kick so I'm going back and looking at the better JRPGs that I missed in the past.  I've even added Rogue Galaxy and Wild Arms 4 to my Gamefly queue.  And, inbetween the Japanese stuff and explorations of Killzone 2, I'm still grinding my way through Mass Effect 1.  I practically left regular gaming for a year or so during my WOW experience.  Most games could be considered "catch up" following that period in my life. 

Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Bear

Have yet to start:
Civilization Revolution
Condemned 2: Bloodshot
Dead Space
Mirror's Edge
Prince of Persia
Halo: Combat Evolved
Jade Empire
Metroid Prime 2
Valkyria Chronicles
Persona 3 FES
Persona 4
ICO
Kingdom Hearts 2
Jak 3
Sly Cooper 3
Professor Layton and the Curious Village
Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy IX
Resident Evil 4 Wii
Fallout 3
Odin Sphere
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne

Currently playing through::
Pure
Disgaea DS
Far Cry 2

I am probably not going to be buying any new games until I get through at least half of these games. Probably going to spend all of 2009 catching up only to buy many of 2009's games on the cheap in 2010. I too, am tempted to purchase Resident Evil 5, but I know I should really play these games first.

destro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By destro

I love how Oblivion was a launch title and people are still playing it and loving it, including myself. An amazing game.

thebipsnbeeps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By thebipsnbeeps

Currently, I'm trying to beat RE4, GTA IV, and Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon at the same time. Wish me luck :D

Galrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Galrick

Oh I did a ton of catching up over the last few months: Assassin't Creed, BioShock, Splinter Cell: Double Agent, Tomb Raiser: Anniversary & Legend. I still want to go through Tomb Raider: Underworld and a few other Tom Clancy's titles, but right now I'll probably settle for a playthrough of Prince of Persia. I got it for my wife for Christmas, but never had a chance to play it yet.

Torrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By Torrim

I gave up buying games for the next few months as I whittle down my collection a bit.  I went from having 1-2 games I haven't touched to nearly a dozen.  Agggg.

I haven't touched Grandia III, but nothing new there.  I've had that thing for forever.  Haven't beaten FFX so I can't start on X-2 either, duh.

but then OHMYGOD i went crazy the past few months.  Since about January, I've gone from having just GTA IV and Killzone:  Liberation as my only unplayed current gen games, to Battlefield:  Bad Company, Condemned 1 AND 2, Fallout 3 (literally just started this yesterday), PGR 4, and Dragon Quest IV.  Though, in my defense, a few of those were a package deal a friend of mine sold to me for ridiculous value.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10  Edited By kush

I'll be catching up on a game that's just a "little" old pretty soon...Suikoden :P

Garfield360UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By Garfield360UK
Bear said:
"Have yet to start:Civilization RevolutionCondemned 2: BloodshotDead SpaceMirror's EdgePrince of PersiaHalo: Combat EvolvedJade EmpireMetroid Prime 2Valkyria ChroniclesPersona 3 FESPersona 4ICOKingdom Hearts 2Jak 3Sly Cooper 3Professor Layton and the Curious VillageChrono TriggerFinal Fantasy IXResident Evil 4 WiiFallout 3Odin SphereShin Megami Tensei: NocturneCurrently playing through::PureDisgaea DSFar Cry 2I am probably not going to be buying any new games until I get through at least half of these games. Probably going to spend all of 2009 catching up only to buy many of 2009's games on the cheap in 2010. I too, am tempted to purchase Resident Evil 5, but I know I should really play these games first."
I hear you, I am in the same boat. I am hoping to get quite alot of the games I have finished before buying more. After that I may be more picky with what I buy and get longer games so I dont feel like I am getting them all the time like I once was.