Games you feel are flying under the radar for GOTY so far

• 103 results
ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I fear that BoI: Rebirth, PT, and Alien Isolation will be tucked away into the corner of "Patrick games". So I hope he puts up a damn good fight for 'em. None of them will win GOTY, of course, but they definitely deserve some nods.

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Wolfenstien, South Park, and especially Mario Kart 8, which is my GOTY this year. So much fun with friends.

HandsomeHubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really loved Sunset Overdrive & South Park... Hope they gets some love.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Shaowrun: Dragonfall, Divinity, and South Park for me.

koolaid39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Wolfenstein, South Park, Sunset Overdrive and Divinity are the sleepers for me.

wariomona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I could list all the indie games I loved from this year but I think such things are only going to happen on personal lists if at all. The overall site list always ends up avoiding opinion as much as possible and choosing the "objectively" best game.

For some reason the only game I remember really hating getting missed was Lollipop Chainsaw not even getting a mention in the discussions for 2012's licensed song use.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

FRACT OSC

It's a video game musical instrument that is also a great puzzle game.

SHIT! How did I forget about this game?!

Shovel Knight though.

jackburtonme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jackburtonme said:

I would like to see them mention The Fall. Maybe not the best game of the year, but it was really well written hard science fiction that you don't get very often in games. The production design and voice work were also great.

The Fall is great, but I think it's technically episodic and doesn't count yet? I know that I personally wait until a game is fully "out" before I would put it on one of my lists.

I'll continue to extol Lightning Returns and Drakengard 3 as being truly fantastic, but these aren't games for most people, I feel. LR carries too much baggage from opinions on the rest of the series, games which actually should be played to even get the full impact out of the most recent release. And Drakengard 3 is QUITE rough in the gameplay department, especially at the beginning (the bad framerate is much worse in the first area), which makes it hard to expect most people to slog through 15-20 hours to see the great characters and story. I can't really blame people for missing them, but I'm still a bit disappointed.

Yes, you're right. I don't think they will count it yet since the developers are planning on making more parts. Although, the first part wraps up pretty cleanly in terms of the narrative. It seems like there are so many good episodic games this year, maybe they will do a little segment on them during the podcasts.