• 108 results
#1 Posted by RHYMESCHEME23 (64 posts) -

These are the gems that were so good that you vowed to take it with you to your grave should the grim reaper show his face. Not even a million bucks would merit a trade for this wonderful game.

Yep, it's about that time again, everyone. Post the game that you would keep forever, one that you will NEVER trade, sell, or throw away.
---
For me it's Ehrgeiz: God Bless the Ring for the Playstation
Say what you want about the game, I love the hell out of it.

#2 Posted by Soapy86 (2620 posts) -

I don't have anything to contribute to the thread except to say that anyone who liked Ehrgeiz is okay by me.

#3 Posted by mosespippy (4112 posts) -

I would never trade in any of my games so I'll say a game that I will continue to play every year; Need For Speed High Stakes.

#4 Posted by Meltac (2001 posts) -

Tough one.. but I still have Okami for PS2, even though I've sold the Playstation over half of the games I had for it.

#5 Edited by JaredA (822 posts) -

Shadow of the Colossus. That was the first game-world that I actually wanted to explore, even if there wasn't much to find. It's kind of hard to explain, but I felt such strong feelings towards it. I was in a bit of a depression when I first played it, and exploring the world just made me feel happy and at peace.

Anyway sorry if that's a bit cheesy, but I don't think I would ever sell that game.

#6 Posted by 71Ranchero (2737 posts) -

Shenmue.

#7 Posted by Mystyr_E (1190 posts) -

Metroid Prime Trilogy

Panzer Dragoon Orta

#8 Posted by Nightriff (4989 posts) -

Anything Metal Gear Solid related will be in my casket, Max Payne and of course....the greatest game ever made...Eternal Darkness.

#9 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -
#10 Edited by believer258 (11785 posts) -

Metroid Prime Trilogy.

My favorite game of all time is Super Metroid but sadly I have neither the cartridge nor a working SNES with me. Luckily, I have it... well, my brother has it on the Wii Virtual Console, which looks and plays better than the original anyway. But even if I had both, I'd rather play it on an emulator, which I do.

#11 Posted by fuzzybunny566 (451 posts) -

QUAKE

#12 Posted by kermoosh (911 posts) -

star wars battlefront 1 and 2

my battlefront 2 is a little scratched (still works but freezes often or doesn't load maps) up so i may have to replace it, otherwise i have been waiting for battlefront 3 to quench my thirst

#13 Posted by natetodamax (19191 posts) -

I have way more games than I'm willing to count that I'd like to keep.

#14 Posted by bwheeeler (431 posts) -

The most recent is Dark Souls. There's literally nothing I would change about the game.

#15 Posted by Bobstar (310 posts) -

Gears trilogy.

#16 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

That's how I treat all games, since I'm not a fan of trading in.

#17 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

Max Payne and Crysis

#18 Posted by kogasu (148 posts) -

Silent Hill 2 and Phantom Dust because I've had great times with both of them. I will die before I let those games leave me.

@Nightriff said:

....the greatest game ever made...Eternal Darkness.

Ugh, I wish I could say this too but I don't have this game anymore and I sincerely regret accidently leaving it at someone's house to have them scratch it up to shit. I LOVE this game too!

#19 Posted by Skyfire543 (677 posts) -

@Voxel said:

I have way more games than I'm willing to count that I'd like to keep.

#20 Posted by SamFo (1528 posts) -

Beatles Rock Band - the perfect game

#21 Posted by FlyBikes06 (86 posts) -

Doom 3: Collectors Edition

#22 Posted by crusader8463 (14419 posts) -

There is no game I would decline a million dollars for. I could just take that million dollars and buy a new copy then laugh at the idiot who just spent a million dollars buying a dam video game.

#23 Edited by CosmicBatman (317 posts) -

I agree with @mosespippy Need For Speed: High Stakes

Edit: also Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict

#24 Posted by Jace (1092 posts) -

@crusader8463 said:

There is no game I would decline a million dollars for. I could just take that million dollars and buy a new copy then laugh at the idiot who just spent a million dollars buying a dam video game.

This.

#25 Posted by Grimmy616 (399 posts) -

Freelancer

Dungeon Keeper 1 and 2

Bunch of others

#26 Posted by Mesklinite (804 posts) -

Final Fantasy 3 (6) on snes!

#27 Edited by YI_Orange (1141 posts) -
#28 Posted by DEMONOLOGY_24 (521 posts) -

Mass Effect 2. I fucking LOVED this game made me fall in love with rpg's the characters and places you went to were incredibly thought out and intriguing.

#29 Posted by zombiepenguin9 (533 posts) -

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.

#30 Posted by Mesklinite (804 posts) -

@YI_Orange said:

If I had to pick ONE game, I'd have to go with Super Mario RPG. That game will always have a special place with me.

@crusader8463: @Jace: : http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hyperbole?s=t

Edit: Wrong person, Mesklinite, my bad.

I was quite confused for a minute there LOL

#31 Posted by AcidBrandon18 (727 posts) -

Socom: Confrontation

#32 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

Ugh...after moving so many times, I don't have anything like that, game or otherwise.

#33 Posted by MightyDuck (1521 posts) -

I have a few...

Genesis

NHL 95

NBA Jam

Playstation

Resident Evil: Director's Cut

Metal Gear Solid

Final Fantasy VII

Need for Speed 3: Hot Pursuit

Playstation 2

Socom 2: US Navy Seals

#34 Posted by Dagbiker (6964 posts) -
NO ONE CAN EVER PLAY IT
#35 Posted by Firecreed17 (52 posts) -

I would have to say Legend of Dragoon and Banjo-Kazooie.

#36 Posted by DisquisedJustin (40 posts) -

@JaredA: That and Ico are two of my favorite games ever, and I will never get rid of them, hell, I even have both the original copies of the games and the HD version and I still will never get rid of the original versions.

#37 Posted by Jace (1092 posts) -

@YI_Orange:

"Post the game that you would keep forever, one that you will NEVER trade, sell, or throw away."

If it was a hyperbole, he was sure trying to say otherwise.

#38 Posted by bearsteak (6 posts) -

Kings Field. Had so much fun in that game.

#39 Posted by Psykhophear (939 posts) -

Grim Fandango

#40 Posted by Liquidus (946 posts) -

@JaredA said:

Shadow of the Colossus. That was the first game-world that I actually wanted to explore, even if there wasn't much to find. It's kind of hard to explain, but I felt such a strong feeling towards it. I was in a bit of a depression when I first played it, and exploring the world just made me feel happy and at peace. Anyway sorry if that's a bit cheesy, but I don't think I would ever sell that game.

Yeah, this game might be the one for me too. It also holds a very strong emotional resonance with me that very few games even came close to.

#41 Posted by wewantsthering (1564 posts) -

I would sell any game for $1 million.

#42 Posted by _Zombie_ (1462 posts) -
  • Darkwatch. I don't care how old it gets, that game is one of the absolute best shooters I've ever played. The special abilities were awesome, the weapons were awesome.. hell, the game was just overall awesome. I'll hold onto that as one of my all-time favorites.
  • Morrowind. My introduction to the Elder Scrolls franchise, and Bethesda games as a whole. The gameplay still holds up for me and I think the graphics are just fine. The storyline is awesome, and it stays among the ranks of Darkwatch.
  • Republic Commando. The story wasn't anything exceptional, but the characters were great. Gameplay was also good. It's one of my favorite star wars games, up there behind KOTOR I and II.
#43 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

Pikmin

#44 Posted by GloriousDinosaur (433 posts) -

Devil May Cry 3

#45 Posted by gtg12 (67 posts) -

Metal Gear Solid 3, Uncharted 2, God of war 3, and super mario land 4.

#46 Posted by deadalien (11 posts) -

Sniper Elite, Halo, Fary Cry 2, and The Orange Box.

#47 Posted by Cyrus_Saren (533 posts) -

Suikoden I-V

Breath of Fire III and IV

Chrono Cross

There's more but that's the main ones I can think of right now.

#48 Posted by McShank (1629 posts) -

Playstation - FFIV and Legend of dragoon

PS2 - Demon Stone, all the GTA games for the system, persona 3 & 4 and champions of Norrath

PS3 - Demons souls, Dark souls, Neptunia, 3d dot game heroes

GB - all of the pokemon *Color* games, dragon warrior monster

I would go onto nintendo but lets just say anything with a mario, samus, or zelda in it I will always keep.

#49 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

all of the games that i have. i keep every game that i have. i try not to trade in games that i don't want.

#50 Posted by Stonyman65 (2671 posts) -

GC version of Resident Evil 4

Super Mario All Stars (SNES pack in version)

MGS series