Gamespot picks ACII as 'Best Xbox 360 Game' for 2009.

• 57 results
Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By Ghostiet

X360 is REALLY not having any decent exclusives that they needed to put there Batman:AA which has LESS content on the 360 than on the PS3 and Modern Warfare 2 which is available on 2 other platforms?

I kinda feel that Demon's Souls is just Gamespot trying to be original. I've played that game and while I find it good, it's no way GOTY material. A good revamp of an old concept from Deus/Robinson's Requiem, but nothing else.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By WinterSnowblind
@Abyssfull said:
" @Whisperkill said:
" @Abyssfull said:
" lol another multi-platform game? Last year i think they awarded GTA4 as the best 360 game. "
why is that 'lol'...? "
Because I'm a raging fanboy who finds that it funny that for two years in a row they awarded the best 360 game to a multi-platform title over one of the 360's exclusives, in all seriousness though...well just take out the raging fanboy part. "
I don't really see the need to point this out.  For one it's Gamespot and secondly, the 360 had it's fair share of great exclusives this year too.  The PS3 GoTY could have easily been something like MW2 as well, and I don't think there'd have been any need to call that out.  The 360 most definitely had a weaker lineup than the PS3 this year, but considering it's had three very strong years before that, and it's 2010 list certainly puts the PS3's to shame.. I don't think there's anything to scoff at.
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By TwoOneFive

looks like gamespot wanted to "be different" this year. lol ps3 game should have went to uncharted 2 

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#54  Edited By Yummylee
@WinterSnowblind said:
" @Abyssfull said:
" @Whisperkill said:
" @Abyssfull said:
" lol another multi-platform game? Last year i think they awarded GTA4 as the best 360 game. "
why is that 'lol'...? "
Because I'm a raging fanboy who finds that it funny that for two years in a row they awarded the best 360 game to a multi-platform title over one of the 360's exclusives, in all seriousness though...well just take out the raging fanboy part. "
I don't really see the need to point this out.  For one it's Gamespot and secondly, the 360 had it's fair share of great exclusives this year too.  The PS3 GoTY could have easily been something like MW2 as well, and I don't think there'd have been any need to call that out.  The 360 most definitely had a weaker lineup than the PS3 this year, but considering it's had three very strong years before that, and it's 2010 list certainly puts the PS3's to shame.. I don't think there's anything to scoff at. "

Exactly what the ''lol'' was directed at. It was a pretty silly choice for best 360 game. I wasn't trying to insult the 360's exclusives, although i imagine thats what Whisperkill was assuming.
AgentofChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By AgentofChaos

I personally dislike ACII. Forza 3 or L4D2 should have probably won it.

jonac13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By jonac13

It's also worth noting that Demon's Souls not only got the PS3 GOTY, but the overall GOTY as well.  Crazy shit.

But yeah, I would think that out of that list, where the primary determinant in platform awards is how they "define the platform", Modern Warfare 2 probably should take top spot.  Activision marketed the game for 360 and the online community clearly chose it with the huge number of players, I don't think that AC2 stands a chance by that particular factor.

adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#57  Edited By adziboy

I personally think the GOTY console-specific award should consist of only exclusives. I don't really see the point in multi-plat games in these listings.