Gamestop can have their good moments...(updated)

Brandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By Brandy

DBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By DBoy

Good luck with selling the older games.  They don't pay a whole lot (sold King Kong on the 360 for 35 cents), but if you want to get rid of them or if they are some special games that are hard to find, you might get good prices.

Nice reviews also.  Good job!

Avatar image for eightbitwarrior
EightBitWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By EightBitWarrior

Well since you seem to be into gaming a fair deal, I suggest getting the 360 because you're really missing the boat without one.

GameStop can rip you off, and leave you feeling like "I'm not going THERE again" but it's quick and easy.....and that's where they get ya.
Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Bruce

Xbox, Xbox, Xbox, Xbox, Xbox, Xbox!

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By JJOR64
Bruce said:
"Xbox, Xbox, Xbox, Xbox, Xbox, Xbox!"
What he said.
Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Vinchenzo

A 360 is the obvious answer here.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By c1337us

125 dollars is nothing to be sniffed at when trading in old games. Any company would usually rob you blind so well done to you for that. If it were me I would see what else you get for the rest of your games that you were going to trade in and hold hold off for the 360, there are a lot of quality titles that you are missing out on at the moment there. Particularly some of the older ones that have become quite cheap to buy, but are still very good.

If you could get someone to trade you the gift voucher for that amount in cash that would be handy also, because then at least you could shop around for the best deal on a console or your Zune or whatever else you decided to do with the money. I dont live near a Gamestop so unfortunately I couldnt help you out there.

Also good reviews. I thought the Max Payne one in particular was pretty good.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Jayge_

I would say a 360 is probably what you should get since you seem to talk about getting one a lot.

But if you're seriously in need of a PMP, you should get that Zune. I got one a few days ago. It's amazing.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By c1337us

I dont know... How badly do you want that Zune? I would still go with the 360 personally although the issue with having only a gift voucher at Gamestop yet getting the best deal at Target presents a problem. The solution you presented yourself seems a sensible one. Pay for the console at Target and then just used the voucher for the extras you need at Gamestop, you never know if there is any left over maybe you can get a game too.

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By daniel_beck_90

Gamestop is my favorite retailer :P

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By GreggD

You know, I've never really had a huge problem with Gamestop, myself. The EB and Gamestop at the mall near me (yes, they have one of each) is usually occupied by employees that actually know their shit. Which, you know, is nice.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By RHCPfan24

In terms of trade in values, I have had a few great opportunities.  One time I came in with about 40 PS2 games (yeah, that much) and got over $300 in store credit. I have spent it all since then on various games and the like. So, for what you want to do, just buy the 360 from Target because of the discount and buy games from Gamestop. I think that would be a pretty good deal.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By pause422

I would never trade in shit to gamestop, its the biggest ripoff you can ever imagine. Even when you get more than you think you will, and you think to yourself for a second "Wow thats pretty good", you could of easily took the time to sell it elsewhere for near full price. Also, yes, 360 sounds like the winner.

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By maxszy
EightBitWarrior said:
"GameStop can rip you off, and leave you feeling like "I'm not going THERE again" but it's quick and easy.....and that's where they get ya."
I've never quite thought about it like that, but you are so right. You nailed it on the head. That really is where they get ya. I know they do for me sometimes. I may be able to sell something for 5-10 dollars more on Amazon for instance...but going through the process of doing so.. I could much easier just walk into a GS and hand it to them. *sigh* Convenience always kills.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
Brandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#16  Edited By Brandy

Thanks for all of the comments everyone!

@ Maxszy - Yes, indeed it does. I know I can make a LOT more money selling these on something like CheapAssGamer.com, or even Amazon or Ebay, but then I have to worry about shipping, and I'd just rather not mess with the whole process.

@ SmugDarkLoser - In my defense, this is the very first time I have ever traded in games, not only to Gamestop by to anywhere (I did trade in ONE duplicate copy of Tetris that I had some years ago, but since that was a double, I don't really think that counts). As it stood before I traded in those 18, I had almost 590 games. Even once I trade in all the games that I eventually will, I'll still easily have at least 350 (probably more, since GS doesn't trade in PS1, SNES, NES, etc. games anymore), so trust me, I DO like having a collection. But after spending the past five or so years accumulating said collection, buying games that were a dollar a piece or even less at yard sales or from friends, I found myself buying games simply for the sake of having them, not because I actually thought I would get THAT much enjoyment out of them (and in fact haven't even played a big chunk of them), and I've now come to the conclusion that that's a complete waste of money, time, and space in a small house where storage is at a premium, so at this point, any money I can get back for them is money I will gladly accept.