Genitals in Cyberpunk: Did You Chose to Have Them?

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

Poll Genitals in Cyberpunk: Did You Chose to Have Them? (187 votes)

Yep 79%
Nope 20%

I’m curious; when creating your character did you chose to have genitals? I’m really enjoying Cyberpunk overall, but when it came time to customize my junk I had zero interest. Honestly, I thought having the option was very childish and assumed, and correct me if I’m wrong, nothing about the genitals would have any baring on the game aside from a) a potential sex scene or b) a one of joke scene.

So when creating your character, what did you chose?

• 
Avatar image for sarcasticmudcrab
SarcasticMudcrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Apparently not. I thought I did but in-game my guy is a manakin down below.

NateArcade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The option was there, so I used it. Why not?

...just hope I don't get an accidental boner at the ripperdoc.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By cikame

It's a world where everyone is singularly obsessed with their appearance to the point where they're getting entire body parts replaced, having genitals make an appearance doesn't shock me in the slightest, what weirds me out more is that in a world where cosmetic surgery is seemingly risk free and easy to do, no one has breast implants and huge asses.
I do think modern society is a little too sensitive when it comes to nudity, especially in America, i'm no nudist but we're all the same under the clothes.

No Caption Provided
alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

I am not prude but I didn't see a point to doing it so I just went with underwear instead.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I have vage

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We're a strange society, having been conditioned to where this would immediately be flagged as childish or something controversial.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

@efesell:

Nudity on its own isn’t childish to me. The way I had assumed it would be used in this game was the childish part. I mean, let’s be real, as much as I appreciated the montage after the introduction, based on the tone set in that montage do you really think they would do something meaningful with the size of your character’s dick?

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't expect it to ever come up in the game to be honest. Much like I've never actually seen my characters eyes after creation but I know that they're green.

noobsauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't really feel the need to have it on. Don't think it'll really add anything to my game experience.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My favorite part of it was watching streamers on day one. It's pretty jarring. The game doesn't let you change any other aspect of your body below your neck, but you have to pick if you're circumcised?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Didn’t see how it would add anything but I didn’t really see how it would detract from the experience either so sure I enabled them cause why not. So far it has not come up.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#12 FinalDasa  Moderator  Online

Wait one second.

The genitals have no effect at all? They're just for show?

Why have them at all...

Gundato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonr86: In and of itself it is fine.

The problem is, as others mentioned, it is more or less the ONLY below the neck customization. Body hair, tattoos, build (in detail), even how you do your nails or if you are an inny or an outy would be nifty and I do hope games eventually do that so I can go full on fashion souls and find the one breastplate with a cutout middrift to show off my outy or even to have to be conscious of what kind of pants I wear depending on how I want my bulge to be presented.

Instead, it has a weird amount of dick detail, no real vag detail, and it seems to have no real basis. THAT is what makes it seem childish. "Yo man, we got dicks"

MerxWorx01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gundato: maybe I am reading your post wrong but there are body tattoos and maybe it's restricted to one body type but you can also choose your nails.

Hopefully one day they will let you change hair, nails tattoos etc. Later on. Real weird they don't have tattoo artists or barbers in Night City.

Gundato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@merxworx01: I've only glanced at a few vods but is it the usual "Tribal Tattoo Number 5" or do you have great detail?

Face editors these days are AMAZING. Hell, even something as simple as Warframe's lets you blend multiple presets to make something custom. Let alone what BDO or Demon Souls (!!) does. But bodies are still very much a collection of presets (ironically the older WWE games were awesome until they realized people were having too much fun)

Dick sliders are great. But if it is just the dick slider then I really have to wonder what the point is.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@merxworx01: It's a really weird oversight that they didn't put in a way to edit your character after creation. This world where you can do unbelievable things to your body via tech but like.. nah man your face is your face I guess.

MerxWorx01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gundato: regarding tattoos they've gone with the "choose a tattoo" set that might be for some of your body or only a part but no Ubisoft level tattoo customization for each part of your body. No color chage or re-arangement.

Warframes customizations are exceptional. Unfortunately I only like putting a syrkana on. Changing colors is cool and the hologram insignia should be in more games but lots of the stuff looks weird. I do like the idea of making the drones look like a parrot but that costs more money than I would want to spend on birdifyng my drone. I don't think I have it in me to buy primes anymore even if that Mirage Prime looks pretty cool.

MerxWorx01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@efesell: full customization plus more options and a third person mode are additions I'd like them to add later down the line and I hope they are making those considerations but at the same time those implementations might be put on the backburner. As someone greatly enjoying it on PC they really need to get it running right on base consoles.

Sucks that there are people who want to play but can't due to technical issues.

Avatar image for bladeofcreation
BladeOfCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Apparently you can't alter your character's looks other than clothes after you start playing? That seems wild, both in the context of an RPG and in the context of a world full of body modification. Yes, changing your tattoos in a game like AC Valhalla is frankly silly, but it's one of those things where I care more about the ability to look the way I want to than any immersion-breaking feeling from changing tattoos. In a game like Cyberpunk 2077, not having the option to change this stuff literally just doesn't make sense in the context of the setting.

As for the genital stuff, it seems more like it's done for a few laughs rather than any meaningful character building.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By hatking

@gundato: there are nails and tattoos, but to me that’s not really an aspect of a person’s body as much as it is accessorizing, but even then there are like four options that are all full body tattoos so it is very limited. I guess I was referring more to bodyweight (which almost every fucking game misses hard on), muscularity, as you mentioned body hair, and seeing how it’s a cyberpunk game, uh maybe prosthetics? Just weird things they clearly didn’t care about. My point is that if I had the option to have a floppy dick and finely cropped pubes or a robot arm and a beer gut, I’m taking the arm and gut ten times out of ten.

Edit: that said, it is a first person game like 90% of the time. So it’s really, truly not a big deal. I just don’t like this idea that people scoffing at the dick slider are prudes when clearly there are other more important places the dick artists efforts could’ve been directed.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#21  Edited By Justin258

@gundato said:

@merxworx01: I've only glanced at a few vods but is it the usual "Tribal Tattoo Number 5" or do you have great detail?

Face editors these days are AMAZING. Hell, even something as simple as Warframe's lets you blend multiple presets to make something custom. Let alone what BDO or Demon Souls (!!) does. But bodies are still very much a collection of presets (ironically the older WWE games were awesome until they realized people were having too much fun)

Dick sliders are great. But if it is just the dick slider then I really have to wonder what the point is.

It's not even a dick slider. It's "do you want a penis or not? Circumsized or not?" and that's it. You can't have a dong hanging down to your knees or a tiny little wiener.

I made a female character and did mess with the naughty bits options, because of course I did. Now, every time I change clothes, the old clothes disappear for a second while the new ones render in and I get flashed. Whether this is a problem or not depends on how my inner 12 year old is feeling that day.

For those more mature than me, there is a nudity on-off option in the main menu. You have to access it from the main menu and not the in-game menu - this will give your lady V a bra and panties and your dude V boxers whenever you change clothes. I don't know how it affects the rest of the game's nudity because I turned it back off.

As for how I feel about the option? It's a completely and utterly superfluous feature in a broken, buggy mess of a game overflowing with completely and utterly superfluous features. It serves no purpose. Some lead on the dev team said "hey wouldn't it be great if you could customize your funky stuff" and then it happened because there doesn't seem to have been any restraint when it comes to this game's development.

Deathstriker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems like pretending people don't have genitals is more childish than seeing them and just treating them like body parts.

meptron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

Yeah, my dude has a hammer

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a person with genitals I like my character to have them as well, even if they serve no purpose what so ever in the game lol.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cikame said:

I do think modern society is a little too sensitive when it comes to nudity, especially in America, i'm no nudist but we're all the same under the clothes.

No Caption Provided

Yes, Americans are so afraid of nudity; and they are not getting better - they are getting worse. American are more critical of nudity than ever. And, now they have teh tool of social media to find other people of similar minds to group with to complain harder.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Yeah. Didn't see anything wrong with it.

Also don't see why it needs to have some purpose or effect on the game to be included. My nail colour in the game doesn't need to have some effect on story in order for me to care about picking one. Same for almost every other aspect of character creation.

Pretty disappointed with the hair options being different between body types though. They also conceivably could've had every face option just open to both (unless they do and it's just that there are facial features we can't change that make the head shapes retain their general differences).

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The female V that I'm playing as has a vagina.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I havent played the game, and know nothing about this feature. But if you can customize that kind of stuff, I'll defo make my guy have a massive package or my lady have huge boobs

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, in fact I would have chosen to have multiple dicks if I could.

Fawkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I chose none, but then some pants I equipped had other plans.

dillonwerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Part of the Big Johnson Community

HighlanderRi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Floppy Lady Dong, USA. Population: Me

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By NTM

Yes, I did, but I find that it's one of the dumber things in the game. Most of the sexualized stuff I don't mind, but some of it I just think is dumb, not in an 'I'm offended by this' kind of way, but in the 'Was this necessary? That's just silly'. I just went basic. I made a normal size and circumcised with normal hair. I 'customized' it, but I didn't go deep into it.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This game is half done. The issue with gentils, yet nothing do do with them, even on the sly in an M-rated ESRB way proves this game is HALF done. A good reason to have these visible choices is to be inclusive to allow all players to expressing themself the way they want. But THAT is not what Cyberpunk 2077 was trying to do, they fell into half of the solution by accident.

To be honest, if people want an adult game they are no that hard to find, today all such games are fully animated at the same technical level as any 2017 triple-A game. We are no too far away from a large indie studio from making a big effort & budget adult game, not mere visual novel or crap jRPG, but a full on action/adventure game. If you don't want to wait there are TES Skyrim mods that add all the p0rn elements you'd want.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

The biggest problem with the genitals is that I made my character have a massive swinging dingaling and Keanu still said he had a more impressive cock. This game is bullshit.