Get a red faction Guerrila demo key now! (360 and ps3)

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By OmegaPirate
Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Pie

Do you download from xbox live when they give you the unlock code

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By weltal

Sure, I'll give it a shot. The multiplayer beta was pretty much crap but I'll see if things have improved.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By OmegaPirate
Pie said:
"Do you download from xbox live when they give you the unlock code"
I believe so mate - dont have a 360 so not sure how it works, but thats how i did it for ps3
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Karmum

For some reason it says for EU accounts only, but I'm clearly on an American account. Whatever, though.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Jayge_
Weltal said:
"Sure, I'll give it a shot. The multiplayer beta was pretty much crap but I'll see if things have improved."
The multiplayer was great. I dunno what you were smoking.
Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Pie

I love you kind sir

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PureRok

It's funny. "It's region-locked"... sure... that's why I can download it just fine, eh?

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By weltal
Jayge said:
"Weltal said:
"Sure, I'll give it a shot. The multiplayer beta was pretty much crap but I'll see if things have improved."
"
Perhaps "crap" is a bit extreme but it most certainly wasn't great. Hell it was barely OK. The best part about it was the little power ups you'd find but beyond that there was very little that makes the game stand out as a multiplayer game. The two modes were pretty damn boring too. Great team deathmatch and territories. And buildings blow up. Sorta. Well, not really.
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TwoOneFive

Thanks for the heads up! I am downloading it now!

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jayge_
Weltal said:
"Jayge said:
"Weltal said:
"
Perhaps "crap" is a bit extreme but it most certainly wasn't great. Hell it was barely OK. The best part about it was the little power ups you'd find but beyond that there was very little that makes the game stand out as a multiplayer game. The two modes were pretty damn boring too. Great team deathmatch and territories. And buildings blow up. Sorta. Well, not really."
The only things that I would really complain about would be the level design (needed some more thought) and the UI (which was too cluttered). Whatever. Your loss I guess.
OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By OmegaPirate

This seems to be a singleplayer demo anywhoo

God i loved the very first red faction when it first came out - it was incredible, the 2nd was pretty awesome witht he dual wielding etc but the story and hit detection felt a little off, cant wait to try this out

At the same time im scared of being disappointed
weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By weltal

Playing now. Giant Mech. Tearing apart buildings. Awesome.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Pie

Just finished and i have to say that im blown away

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By Diamond

Got the SP demo for preordering at Gamestop.  Is it 60fps on 360?  It's kind of hard to tell but it seemed very smooth.  Still not sure what to think of the game, but I liked what little they sampled.  Physics feel very dynamic and noteworthy.  Like the gameplay is actually changed significatnly by the physics system, it's not just flash.

macot79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By macot79

Thanks for the tip! :)

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17  Edited By Karmum

That demo won, now I REALLY want this game. Driving that thing around destroyed everything!

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Pie

This game rocks da boat

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By weltal

After playing now four or five times I'm pretty impressed. It's a lot of fun destroying things and just generally blowing shit up. I smashed the doors off one of those cars with the backs on em and just threw a bunch of mines inside, then I took the car and drove it through a building and just took everything out. Awesome stuff.

My main complaint lies in the lack of terrain defomation. Damnit! That's my main memory of playing the orginal was playing multiplayer with friends and just digging holes in the ground. I want to be able to dig in this game too! :(

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Pie
Weltal said:
"After playing now four or five times I'm pretty impressed. It's a lot of fun destroying things and just generally blowing shit up. I smashed the doors off one of those cars with the backs on em and just threw a bunch of mines inside, then I took the car and drove it through a building and just took everything out. Awesome stuff.My main complaint lies in the lack of terrain defomation. Damnit! That's my main memory of playing the orginal was playing multiplayer with friends and just digging holes in the ground. I want to be able to dig in this game too! :("
That would probably push the engine pretty far and probably reduce framerate by a lot
bwooduhs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21  Edited By bwooduhs

Downloading now. I really know nothing about this game.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22  Edited By kush

Thanks for the heads up...I was in the beta and thought it showed potential, but I was always more interested in the SP aspect of the game having loved the original. Downloading now!

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Jayge_

Damn that demo was ace. It was really fluid, from the micro-transitions (weapons to explosives, offensive to defensive, stealth to open, etc.) to the bigger ones (run-and-gun infiltration right into giant mech ride into rail shooting segment). And it was really polished and fun throughout. I really enjoyed the multiplayer beta, and according to Volition it's even crazier and better-made now, but this SP demo is great. Seriously.

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By weltal
Pie said:
That would probably push the engine pretty far and probably reduce framerate by a lot"
Tch. Like I care. As far as I'm concerned if I did it in 2001 I should be able to do it now! Logic doesn't enter into it when I'm bitching about nostalgia.
Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Oriental_Jams

Well, I'm about to skiddooch off to bed, so I'll download it later, but I got me a key, so thanks for that much.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Pie

Imagine making a hundred meter hole in the floor and filing it with vechiles putting a mine on the first one then detonating. Youd have a hundred foot crater

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By OmegaPirate

Initial impressions

Cons
  • Interesting shift to 3rd person - little unsure of that tbh
  • Sledgehammering stuff around the place was entertaining for a little while, not for long though
  • AI seemed a bit pap - running into walls etc.
  • Main Gun didnt seem very satisfying
  • Controls were clunky
  • Graphics seemed to need a bit more polish
  • Story seems to have shifted to a ';just cause' style of rebels and helping and capturing territory etc -hope it fares better than just cause did

Pro's
  • Seems to be loads to do - lots of stats popping up, kill streaks, bonuses for destroying certain things, check out the buildings with %'s on them, for example, or the giant towers
  • Vehicles are great, and their presence on the ground is brilliant.
  • Running into a building,. taking a hammer ot its foundations before strapping explosives around the struts and legging it out the window as they detonate to watch the whole thing fall, crushing the guards who ran in there after you - fucking great/
  • Humour and dialogue seemed alright
  • Despite the lack of polish some nice graphical flourishes
  • Music suited rdama pretty well
  • And that walker and everything that followed it was fucking amazing
  • Nice solid frame rate desp[ite the madness

Despite the list of cons there i am now interested in this game (wasn't before) Walking through buildings like they were paper and watching it naturally fall in beleivable ways was a sight to see - of course there needs to be more to the game i guess but i am an easily pleased guy :D

I was unsure right up until that road leading to the walker when loads of jeeps appeared, my fight with those was fairly awesome, and everything from the walker onwards was amazing - i reckon this game will live or die on its scale - if it keeps the scale and epicness high -as it did in the latter half, then this game will be an enjoyable experiance, the engine seems to handle that kind of wanton destruction well, and the smaller contriveed section of the demo just didnt seem to be where this games heart was at, it did not do it any justice.

Roll on June!
tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By tekmojo

Downloading now, tried to download last night with the free Qore episode. Checking out the download again, loved the first Red Faction.

edit - Getting error code when i punch in digits, maybe I'll try again later :(

edit2 - nevermind I'm an idiot forgot to switch my account
Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Pie

Imagine this but in a city/s. That ladies and gentlemen is the future of gaming

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
OmegaPirate said:

"

wait, what?  The graphics look pretty good actually.  Not awesome, but better than average.  Did you play it on the 360 or ps3? 
Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#31  Edited By Venatio

Thanks for that, downloading it for my PS3 right now

JazzyJeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By JazzyJeff

Thanks for posting this. Downloading it now. :)

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Thanks a lot.  You're awesome.
The demo is pretty dang good, probably will get the game.

The demo is a short one though

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By OmegaPirate
SmugDarkLoser said:
"OmegaPirate said:

"
wait, what?  The graphics look pretty good actually.  Not awesome, but better than average.  Did you play it on the 360 or ps3?  "
Tried ps3 and this morning went round a buds who has a 360 and ran through the demo he had, no reald ifferance in quality.

To be fair in referance to graphics needing a polish it was the intro fmv i was talking about -im not sure why but it just didnt feel up to scratch whilst i was watching it - i remember thinking the same thing about red faction 1+2  though - as i put in the +'s -the actual gameplay graphics had some awesome flourishes and the engine handled everything really well
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BiggerBomb
PureRok said:
"It's funny. "It's region-locked"... sure... that's why I can download it just fine, eh?"

I had to do a double take. I thought you said religion-locked.

lulz
BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36  Edited By BigBoss1911

Nice,I got a EU account.DLing now.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

I'm in the US, I have a US account, and I just finished playing the demo thanks to this thread.  Region-locked my ass. : )

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By CL60

It's decent.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

SpaceInsomniac said:

"I'm in the US, I have a US account, and I just finished playing the demo thanks to this thread.  Region-locked my ass. : )"

Nothing is actually region locked to download if you have the proper code. 
Tons of hidden content on live too...

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Pie

Ive just read on the red faction website forums that buildings that you destroy wont respawn unless there missiony which to me is kind of a dissapontment because i was planning on going to the most well built up area, blowing it all to hell, come back 10 minutes later and repeat.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By OmegaPirate
Pie said:
"Ive just read on the red faction website forums that buildings that you destroy wont respawn unless there missiony which to me is kind of a dissapontment because i was planning on going to the most well built up area, blowing it all to hell, come back 10 minutes later and repeat."
That is an awesome idea -however i am now a little scared of you - if you ever undergo radiation therapy and end up huuuuuuuge in size - im going to be very very worried