Getting Involved

harrisonave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By harrisonave

I think I'm going to get more involved in the Giant Bomb community.  Not only in the Giant Bomb community, but more involved in the gaming community.  I feel the need to start writing more blogs, reviews and maybe even recording some video content (video reviews and other related things). Now, I've dabbled in things of this sort before, but I've never taken it too seriously.

I've written reviews on other sites, and I've had a blog here and there, but I never really put a lot of effort into any of it.  This is where you guys come in:  I don't know if anyone is actually reading this, but I want your help.  I'm not going to sit here and pretend like I'm going to just begin writing these excellent reviews right out of the gate.  I want your feedback, Giant Bomb community.  If you like my work, let me know, a little encouragement never hurt anybody.  But if you're sitting there reading my reviews, and you think they're absolute garbage, you let me know!  There's one catch, though:  I want some real constructive criticisms here, people.  You think I could do something a little better?  Tell me what it is.  You think my reviews are a little stale?  Tell me how you think I can freshen them up.  I welcome any and all help you can throw my way.  Also, I want to use this as an opportunity to become much better at recording and editing video, so except the occasional video posting from gametrailers.com.

Now, considering most of you will be jumping on and reviewing the big triple A titles on day one, I'm going to try to stay away from your Grand Theft Autos and your Metal Gear Solids.  I'll probably make my first couple reviews about some older titles I love (or hate), while I try to get into the swing of things.  Once I find my way, I'll probably being to review those titles that kind of get buried under the more popular names.  They probably won't be the games you haven't heard of, but they will be the games that no one else is really talking about.  If you have any games you might want to see me review, drop me a comment, and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks in advance for any and all help, Giant Bomb community.   I promise, I'll try my best not to be a douche bag.  I'm sure you can appreciate that, around here.

harrisonave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By harrisonave

I think I'm going to get more involved in the Giant Bomb community.  Not only in the Giant Bomb community, but more involved in the gaming community.  I feel the need to start writing more blogs, reviews and maybe even recording some video content (video reviews and other related things). Now, I've dabbled in things of this sort before, but I've never taken it too seriously.

I've written reviews on other sites, and I've had a blog here and there, but I never really put a lot of effort into any of it.  This is where you guys come in:  I don't know if anyone is actually reading this, but I want your help.  I'm not going to sit here and pretend like I'm going to just begin writing these excellent reviews right out of the gate.  I want your feedback, Giant Bomb community.  If you like my work, let me know, a little encouragement never hurt anybody.  But if you're sitting there reading my reviews, and you think they're absolute garbage, you let me know!  There's one catch, though:  I want some real constructive criticisms here, people.  You think I could do something a little better?  Tell me what it is.  You think my reviews are a little stale?  Tell me how you think I can freshen them up.  I welcome any and all help you can throw my way.  Also, I want to use this as an opportunity to become much better at recording and editing video, so except the occasional video posting from gametrailers.com.

Now, considering most of you will be jumping on and reviewing the big triple A titles on day one, I'm going to try to stay away from your Grand Theft Autos and your Metal Gear Solids.  I'll probably make my first couple reviews about some older titles I love (or hate), while I try to get into the swing of things.  Once I find my way, I'll probably being to review those titles that kind of get buried under the more popular names.  They probably won't be the games you haven't heard of, but they will be the games that no one else is really talking about.  If you have any games you might want to see me review, drop me a comment, and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks in advance for any and all help, Giant Bomb community.   I promise, I'll try my best not to be a douche bag.  I'm sure you can appreciate that, around here.

Osphere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Osphere

Best of luck man, no better way to start this sort of thing than to dive right in.

I don't have any game suggestions for you off of the time of my head, but I'm sure others will have some.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By Claude

I like your writing skills, so that's a good start. I'll add you as a friend, but I don't read many reviews from users by habit. However, if you add your reviews to a blog, I would be more inclined to read them. Go for it, what do you have to lose?

Satune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Satune

Sweet, can't wait to see what your gonna end up writing in future blogs!

harrisonave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By harrisonave

Thanks, I appreciate the encouragement.  I don't know when I'll actually be able to get anything up, but it will be as soon I possibly can.  I'll will probably be the thing I do when I'm not at my day job.