GFWL shut down, how many games are you going to lose?

• 57 results
Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Street Fighter x Tekken having no plans is really interesting!

I'm only worried about RE5 and Dark Souls.

winsord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#52  Edited By winsord
  • Dead Rising 2 (completed)
  • Resident Evil 5 (completed)
  • DiRT 2 (completed)
  • Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising (haven't played, no plans to play)
  • Operation Flashpoint: Red River (currently playing)
  • Microsoft Flight (played as much as I needed to)
  • Shadowrun (didn't enjoy)
  • Viva Pinata (didn't enjoy (I know, I'm a monster, sorry))
  • Bulletstorm (haven't played, might still)
  • GTA IV (completed multiple times, still enjoy returning to on occasion)
  • Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II (got my fill when it was new, tried to go back to it recently and didn't feel that it held up well)
  • Flatout: Ultimate Carnage (only played a little, no Flatout games stack up to the original for me. Hoping Next Car Game is rad)
  • Blacklight: Tango Down (didn't enjoy)
  • Section 8 (I think I beat this? I remember playing a decent amount of it, but it didn't compare to Tribes)

That's a lot of games for me. I really hope they get on GTA IV and fix that up, and I wish Codemasters would do DiRT 2 as well but I understand why that's a low priority for them. Also seems pretty crazy to me that Raccoon City and Street Fighter X Tekken are in the red; I know they weren't terribly well received games, but they're still pretty new and I'd like to at least try both of them.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

I guess Bulletstorm and GTA IV are the only ones in jeopardy. I highly doubt Rockstar will let GTA IV die, but I can see Bulletstorm just going away for good. That game never did click with the community at-large.

Avatar image for differenceengine
DifferenceEngine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By DifferenceEngine

@cornbredx said:

Most games with GFWL do not require it in order to run and therefore you wont lose anything.

That and Steam has shown willingness to remove GFWL when they did it with Bioshock 2. I can't see why they and the developers would just sit by and piss off tens of thousands of customers.

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#55  Edited By ez123

Bioshock 2, Batman AC and AA already switched over. Dirt 3 is getting steamworks.

I really like Bulletstorm but I'm not too worried. Is it confirmed that the games will just stop working? I have heard that GFWL can even be bypassed, why wouldn't that be the case when it shuts down(besides the multiplayer, of course)?

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By OurSin_360

Possibly darksouls if they don't update it i guess.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#57  Edited By Snail

I guess I might be losing some online functionalities (hopefully not all) in some games, which is frustrating.

Funny how that article doesn't actually say whether Age of Empires Online is going to stop working or not, even though it mentions the game in the opening paragraphs. That's the only one I knew to be worried about, since it's an online-only Microsoft game.

Avatar image for lastthingyousee
LastThingYouSee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By LastThingYouSee

What about Dark Souls, don't tell me I'm gonna loose Dark Souls?

I mean, I'm gonna loose many, but I think the only ones I really care about would be Dirt 3 and Dark Souls. Modders, this might be your finest hour......