Giant Bomb! I need your help!

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By WickedCestus

Giant Bomb, I have a dilemma. It's pretty darn serious! And it's not about ladies. 

So, on July 19th, I decided to pre-order Catherine from Amazon.ca. They told me that it would ship to me by a week after release, and I thought, "Oh, whatever. I can wait a week, I'm not crazy or anything". And so I decided to wait.  

BUT THEN, Disaster struck! I checked Amazon today, and realized they have delayed my shipment for three weeks, meaning I will get my pre-order a full month after the game's release. Now, at first, I was outraged, but then I started to rationally think about this situation, and realized I have two options: 

Option A) I cancel my order, tell Amazon to go fuck itself, and go buy the game tomorrow from Futureshop (like a Canadian Best Buy) for ten full dollars more (I have no job, that's a lot of money) without the art books or soundtrack. This would mean leaving the house. This would also mean asking my parents to give me back sixty dollars I transferred to their back account. The problem with that is that I did not tell them I was buying this game from Amazon with their credit card, because I figured it would slip under the radar. Now, my parents wouldn't actually really get mad at me or anything, but it would be kind of awkward. 

Option B) Let Amazon screw me over, tell myself that I don't care that my friends are playing this game I'm super pumped for before I am, and get the sick art book and soundtrack. This option would also involve literally no effort on my part.  

You know, now that I look at it, Option A looks like the incredibly obvious answer, but man, I really want that art book and soundtrack. I also don't want to leave my house. Any help is appreciated! 

And I already tried touching her shoulder. 

Nothing happened. 

EDIT: I've decided to go with Option B, because it involves no effort, and it is the way that can make me think I'm a good person for being patient. Also, because my parents woke up while I was responding to the people in this thread and realized I was awake and on my computer at 5am, so they're kinda not particularly happy.  

Thanks bros!

birchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By birchman

The lazy way is the only way! Option B!

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By UlquioKani

Option B, you don't want to risk letting your parents know you got something without their permission. You may not be able to get away with it again.

jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jasta

Have you asked them why its being delayed by 3 weeks?

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By WickedCestus
@Jasta said:

I just kind of assumed it's because they hate me. One time they didn't ship me a graphics card I ordered in December until halfway through March. It's just kind of par for the course at this point when it comes to me and Amazon. It's like I live on some sort of deserted island in the middle of nowhere or something. 

Or perhaps I'm just super unlucky and happen to order things right as they run out of stock.
Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Azteck

Did you try showing Amazon your penis? I hear it's a popular way of showing appreciation. 

But for real, how urgent is it that you play the game now? I could see that waiting a month is probably terrible but is it possible to wait, and play other games until then? I don't know man. ):

jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jasta

@supermike6 said:

@Jasta said:

I just kind of assumed it's because they hate me. One time they didn't ship me a graphics card I ordered in December until halfway through March. It's just kind of par for the course at this point when it comes to me and Amazon. It's like I live on some sort of deserted island in the middle of nowhere or something. Or perhaps I'm just super unlucky and happen to order things right as they run out of stock.

Shoot them an e-mail and find out for sure. =O

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By WickedCestus
@Azteck said:

Did you try showing Amazon your penis? I hear it's a popular way of showing appreciation.  But for real, how urgent is it that you play the game now? I could see that waiting a month is probably terrible but is it possible to wait, and play other games until then? I don't know man. ):

I'm a pretty patient dude, but it's the middle of the summer and this is the time when summer vacation starts to get kind of boring. On the other hand, I do have a couple of other games to play right now, so I'm sure I'd live. See, this is like a sub-conflict within the main conflict. I'm a terrible decision-maker. 

@Jasta: The last time I sent an e-mail to a big company asking why they decided to screw me over was with Microsoft, and I got a completely nonsensical reply that could have been written by a sheep for all I know. It actually blew my mind how terrifically they managed to write a paragraph without any of the sentences making any sort of sense or getting any sort of point across. Since then, I've kind of shied away from those sort of things. 
imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By imsh_pl

Try to resolve this issue with Amazon, explain how they screwed you over, and demand something to be done. It's their fault, after all. 

Unless you agreed to any shipment delays by accepting the terms of use, then you're fucked.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

Just go with B. Always go with B, cause you're not good enough for A.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Yanngc33

Go with B: 0 effort required=victory

christ0phe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By christ0phe

B for boobs

Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By the_hiro_abides

There's a chance they wouldn't give your money back. Like they might buy it for you with you in tow or something.

So I'd go with B. Sometimes things are better when you have to wait for them.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By McGhee

You may be surprised at what you may get if you just write a polite letter to the proper person at Amazon. You could get some credit to your account or something. It's worth a shot.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By JoeyRavn

I heard Jeff didn't like the game, so you're probably better off canceling the pre-order altogether and getting a good game, like, Battlefield 3, which is known to be the best game ever, even before release.

Just kidding. I would first ask Amazon why the delivery was delayed so much. It's weird, especially if it's a pre-order. I would wait for an answer, and then decide whether to cancel the delivery and get it at a local retailer or to wait for Amazon to dispatch it.

LUMIN4RY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By LUMIN4RY

B for Bodacious!

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#17  Edited By StarvingGamer

@supermike6: Every time Amazon fucks up one of my orders I get on their case and usually end up with a $5-10 credit. Actually they also delayed my copy of Catherine and didn't give me an expected delivery date so I called and bitched at them and they managed to send it on its way that night. I'd get in touch with them and demand that they tell you why your game is being delayed, at best they'll figure out a way to get your item to you sooner or give you a credit for your troubles and at worst at least you'll clearer idea of the situation and whether or not its worth waiting for. You just have to be willing to ruin a CSR's day a little bit.

Also the artbook is meh and I'm sure you could find someone willing to e-mail you the soundtrack *wink*.

Avatar image for deactivated-6418ef3727cdd
deactivated-6418ef3727cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Send them a picture of your penis. 

And then go with B.

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By Alexander

B

Just hold out and wait for the delivery, it's a single player focused game if I'm not mistaken and you get the goodies, pay less money. You won't enjoy the game any less by waiting (unless someone spoils it for you)

TheUnsavedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TheUnsavedHero

@supermike6: Patience is a virtue.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21  Edited By Nux

Go for A. The Art book really isn't all the great. It's only a few pictures and Character Bio's, it's no where near as good as Persona 3 or 4's Art book.

sixtyxcelph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22  Edited By sixtyxcelph

I would say contact Amazon, they're not Microsoft and their customer service is usually pretty damn good in my experience.  Even if they send you a nonsense response or give you the run around on the phone, at least you'll have tried.  Also, B is probably your best option, either way.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Cloudenvy

As someone mentioned, the artbook is a tad disappointing, FOLLOW YOUR HEART MAN.

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By beforet

It's just three weeks, you have at least 80 years left in you. Option B, play something else in the mean time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Buy a flute.

Hope this helps.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Aetheldod

B for bro dude :D

CastroCasper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By CastroCasper

Let Amazon screw you, but let them know your not happy with it. Then you'll get your game and probably a few amazon bucks or something. Then go buy a jetcar with those amazon bucks from the Futurestore.

Aronman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Aronman789

How about you call them up and complain, instead of taking it in the ass?

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#29  Edited By Jeust

Similar thing happened to me. I went with option A. I'm still mildly bummed about. 

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By probablytuna

When in doubt, always choose Option B.

1337W422102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31  Edited By 1337W422102
@supermike6 said: Go with B, man.  That way you'll get all the stuff you paid for.  Not worth pissing your parents off, either.  I'm sure there's something else you could play in the meantime, right?
MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#32  Edited By MikeGosot

I'm in the same situation(Kind of...), so, just wait. I know it's a pretty tense situation, but, like  1337W422102 said: " That way you'll get all the stuff you paid for.  Not worth pissing your parents off, either.  I'm sure there's something else you could play in the meantime".

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By laserbolts

Option B another couple weeks is not that big of a deal.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By DeF

dude, just wait. it's a life lessen: be rational.
 you gain NOTHING by canceling now and simply running out to the next store.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Cloudenvy

By the way, Catherine is a pretty amazing game..Just saying.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#36  Edited By natetodamax
@supermike6 Option B! I would just wait it out. Contact them somehow about it but just wait it out. The art book is pretty rad (I thought).
Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Vexxan

Be strong, wait it out!

Lotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#38  Edited By Lotus
@UnsavedHero said:

@supermike6: Patience is a virtue.

Patience is overrated.
UncleDisco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#39  Edited By UncleDisco

Buy the game in the shop, but keep the amazon order. Then when the order arrives, you just turn in the copy at the store where you brought the other one.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By zeforgotten

If someone is gonna die because you don't get the game tomorrow or something like that I would say you should probably go with B. It would be freaking funny to watch someone die over it

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#41  Edited By nintendoeats

I would say wait. And if your friends are playing the game, borrow it from them.

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By WickedCestus
@Khann said:

Buy a flute.

Hope this helps.

@Kurtdyoung said:

Let Amazon screw you, but let them know your not happy with it. Then you'll get your game and probably a few amazon bucks or something. Then go buy a jetcar with those amazon bucks from the Futurestore.

Ha! 

Aaaanyways, just for an update, I've decided to go with Option B, because it involves no effort, and it is the way that can make me think I'm a good person for being patient. Also, because my parents woke up while I was responding to the people in this thread and realized I was awake and on my computer at 5am, so they're kinda not particularly happy. 

Thanks for the help bros!