Giant Bomb unites us and the forums seperate us.

• 67 results
DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By DrPockets000

I agree with what many are saying here, there are a number of unpleasant users and/or trolls, but every time I shake my head at an asshole's post, I find another post that makes me proud of us as a community.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#52  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
@Gregomasta said:
" @Hamz:  What's your stance on a topic saying, "I hate that the United States President is proud of being Christian?" "
Assuming you're talking about this topic, no such claim was ever made. The poster never said they hated anything, he was trying to get the point across that religion should be kept separate from politics and politicians such as the president should keep their religious beliefs private and out of the public eye. And it's a valid point that was stated reasonably well. There was no hating, no disrespecting of other peoples beliefs, it was a discussion about the separation of church and state.

The thread did ultimately get out of hand, and I locked it, but the topic of the thread was fine.
j_drace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By j_drace

Giant Bomb is too big now and IGN and GameSpot are too strict so we've obviously inherited most of their rejects.  I like that it's not censored and have had a lot of in depth conversations and arguments on here, but I've also dealt with a bunch of 15 year olds who don't know shit about life and completely rely on their parents and try to argue life topics with older people.  The best is when someone acting mature makes a topic about an upcoming game's midnight release and then states his mom can't drive him at midnight to pick it up. 

I remember when GB first came out before it was even a proper site, back when I would wait for a new how to build a bomb episode every week.  The episode where Jeff and Ryan, I think, set off those bug infecting bombs is the best.  Those times were the best.  People actually had an opinion and could form an argument to back it up.  GB still isn't as bad as XBL.

Gregomasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By Gregomasta
@MattyFTM: I am in fact using that topic as inspiration for my made up topic, but I'll just be plain and honest with what I'm trying to say now.  Though he(The Original Poster) claimed no hatred or prejudice toward Christianity in his initial post the feeling was still there.  Real talk hommie.  Would you have allowed the the post to go as far as it did if the topic was, " Why does the President of USA have to be publicly Black?"  Would you still feel that the "the poster never said they hated anything?"

Edit: I'm not saying I think AmonHouston is a bigot toward Christians, though I don't think he'd mind me saying that :P.  But in all seriousness I understood his dilemma with the fact that people will blindly choose political candidates based on irrelevant(sometimes) facts such as which faith based religion they are part of.
Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#56  Edited By Jazz

But if you did that, you'd miss out on all the wonderful Hitman/Kaos/HS21/dead people moments.... 
oh, i see your point.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#57  Edited By JJWeatherman
@Sweep said:
" If more people paid attention to the forum rules then we wouldn't have this problem. When you see a spam or troll topic: 

No Caption Provided
"
I'd like to endorse this message.
nickux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#58  Edited By nickux

Hmm, honestly I've never seen anything too offensive on the boards yet. I stick to the General and Off-Topic boards (occasionally, ok, I go to the Hamburger forums!) Overall though I think the community here is way better than the one I left (GameFAQs boards) Disgusting people there. I also don't just click on the Newest threads. I go to the specific boards I want. I can't just have them all mixed together.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By Doctorchimp
@Gregomasta:
The only thing worse than trolls and immature kids on the internet... 

Are people that can't accept there are other people with different opinions, and rather than look at them and analyze it or understand it or debate it (which in turn leads to good discussions) you shut them down. Not only do you not want to see someone's opinion on something you call heresy on it. That's probably the worst thing you can do...no lie.

Judging from that topic you complained about and calling it "borderline hate speech" you sadly fall into this. The topic creator had a good point to make and if you don't see his argument that maybe America needs to move away from being a Christian nation then there's nothing anyone can help you with.
Gregomasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Gregomasta
@Doctorchimp:  I accept other peoples opinions, on the contrary I find that many don't accept mine and denounce me for having such opinion, such like yourself.  And I don't like generalizations, such as you generalizing America thinking that my point of view is the point of view of all Americans, I can only speak for myself brotha.  It ain't easy being a Christian and a Giant Bomb user with so much hate directed toward Christianity on the boards.  I didn't ask anyone to censor anybody, maybe it sounded that way in my last post but its not what I want nor do I think it'd happen if I desired it too happen; and that's a good thing.  Freed of Speech is a good thing, God bless America.  Nationality aside, I'm speaking specifically in the fact that some think its fine and good to hide who we are, and I think that's wrong.  Do you understand that hiding my religion whether it be: Christianity, Judism, Islamic, Buddhism or Atheism(ask your philosophy professor, Atheism is a religion), beacuse someone doesn't like it is plain wrong?  Our religion is who we are, and we should never be ashamed of who we are, whether we're the president or user on Giant Bomb.  It's the same as hiding our ethnicity or our politics because someone else doesn't like that ethnicity or politics.  That's the opposite of being open minded.
limewizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#61  Edited By limewizard

This is the best inhabited forum I've encountered on the internet in a long time. 

Goldanas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#62  Edited By Goldanas
@Gregomasta: Your comparison of religion to race is unfortunately unbalanced. One is something you choose, the other is something you are born with. Regardless of this stipulation, it is never right to denounce someone for something that is a part of them so long as that part of them doesn't trample on others' rights, but his contention wasn't with whether or not Christianity is good or bad, but that it was associated with his decision-making in some way. Your comparison suggests only one conclusion: that the person hates black people. 

Of course, I disagree with the path the topic you were discussing takes. The president is only expressing a part of him, be it his beliefs or culture. He, at no time, states that he is going to go on a crusade in the name of God. I agree with the poster's sentiment and concern, but he was over-reacting and approaching the issue from the wrong angle. 

I will reiterate: a belief and opinion is acceptable, in all circumstances, so long as it does not suggest that another cannot have an opinion of their own. You may discuss the opinion or belief, you may provide discourse, but it is never okay to strip someone of their opinion or belief. That is entirely at the discretion of the holder. 

The forums shall stay as they are, otherwise we lose any and all intelligent discussion and degenerate into a suckling froth eager for the teet of our benefactors. 

@Unknown but often attributed to Mark Twain said:

"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it."

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#63  Edited By Doctorchimp
@Gregomasta: This is where irony plays in. 

I didn't assume anything, I just went off what you said and what you complained about. That topic you posted up wasn't saying Christianity was a bad thing. The thing he was criticizing was that the President HAS to be Christian.  

They weren't saying he should hide it, they were saying he doesn't have to tell anyone. "Who cares?" is what they were getting at. Believe it or not there are others out there who couldn't give a flying fuck what others believe in when it comes to Religion. That's at least the world I want to live in...the one where it matters so little about who you are, you don't even need to mention it...

And I love how your whole post is about how you don't generalize and are tired about the world bashing Christian America. Yet I'm an American living in Southern California, but my post made it seem like I wasn't though right? Because I said America needs to move forward. Relax man, not everyone cares. That was the point of the topic, that you missed.   

Also nowhere did I say your point of view was the point of view of all Americans, I was just saying America needs to stop being a Christian Nation, which it is. From the politicians in Congress trying to fuse laws and Bible passages to the people trying to put Intelligent Design in the classrooms. (notice it still says posted in my message and not Edited) 
sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#64  Edited By sodiumCyclops

You are pretty much promoting what you don't like about these forums.

People get so cut up about certain topics in these forums sometimes. Childish really.

one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#65  Edited By one_2nd

I hate you guys...

Gregomasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Gregomasta
@Doctorchimp:  Irony?  IRONY?!  I GOT YOUR IRONY RIGHT HERE BUDDY!  I overreacted buddy.  I think this conversation has gotten old and ran its course.  I hope we all learned something from it, I learned that the most important things in life are not worth getting my panties in a bunch over.  And I think that's the way to understanding having a lovefest(I like lovefests).  So whaddya say buddy?  Friends?  I'ma put this to rest, but feel free to keep telling me a thing or two about a thing or two.  You play steam games?

@Goldanas: Thanks for your input as well brotha.
Aronman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Aronman789

I like the off-topic forum, actually i like all the forums, there's not that much spam and some people are dicks, but not huge ones (some are, these are the ones i ignore no matter what)