GiantBomb ladies, are we overreacting to Quiet in MGS V?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NMC2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

If those starving children were girls then it would matter to people, showing little boys in peril is like a replant to the cause, which is why when there are kids in serious emotional games it's almost always little girls, they tug the heart a lot more than boys for some reason, I guess. *shrugs* I hope this doesn't cause any trouble, it's just an observation/opinion.

hinderk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#203  Edited By hinderk

Oh hey, thanks for that picture. The next time someone complains about day one dlc, pre-order bonuses, micro transactions, online passes, or used games policies I'll make sure to post it. No one should ever criticize this unimportant shit because kids are starving in Africa.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

http://i21.tinypic.com/5jv80h.gif

have we not played metal gear games before?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/Gohan_Egret/imgmacros/snake-nothing.gif

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130813204708/creepypasta/images/f/f0/Raiden-mgs2.jpg

http://onewdesign.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/mgs4_1_500.jpg

I guess not

customotto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nmc2008 said:

If those starving children were girls then it would matter to people, showing little boys in peril is like a replant to the cause, which is why when there are kids in serious emotional games it's almost always little girls, they tug the heart a lot more than boys for some reason, I guess. *shrugs* I hope this doesn't cause any trouble, it's just an observation/opinion.

lol at these geniuses who care about starving children just enough to use them in an image macro and make some absurd point about REVERSE SEXISM

have we not played metal gear games before?

I guess not

lol at people who don't understand male nudity in games is used for humor

erhard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By erhard

Do you usually ask other people for your opinion?

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#207  Edited By Milkman

@charlie_victor_bravo: it baffles me that people this stupid can use a computer.

Can we just lock this thread? It's way past the point of ever being useful.

NMC2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for thinking I am a genius but I don't think I am, secondly, I don't agree with the pic posting for the same reasons as hinderk mentioned in the post up there, it's irrelevant imo, as far as reverse sexism, who said anything about that other than you? All I said was people care more about little girls than boys in games which is why game devs use little girls more, is that reverse sexism? Well if it is reverse sexism then why is nobody talking about that? I don't want to open another can of worms so I will stop here.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

I wonder how many male duders are responding to a female directed question in here.

NMC2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder how many male duders are responding to a female directed question in here.

I am a guy, but did anyone think there would be a gender exclusive thread? Locking out another gender entirely? Sure ladies can post in any thread but why make one for only them to speak in? I couldn't imagine if there was a thread that ONLY called for guys to respond, do you think that would only have male posters? I don't think so.

Phoenix654

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

@missacre said:

This thread might as well be locked, seeing as how the females once again got ignored or got sarcastic responses. Now it's just full of idiots saying "can't wait to see what happens" or dudes getting off topic. Someone please lock it.

I don't have that power sadly... I agree that it got out of hand. I posted it to see if people would respond, and kind of left it for the last day or two. I'm not used to topics I post getting this much response. I apologize on behalf of my gender for them not reading things and posting on threads that aren't aimed at them. *Sigh*

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@nmc2008 said:

@themanwithnoplan said:

I am a guy, but did anyone think there would be a gender exclusive thread? Locking out another gender entirely? Sure ladies can post in any thread but why make one for only them to speak in? I couldn't imagine if there was a thread that ONLY called for guys to respond, do you think that would only have male posters? I don't think so.

I personally think it's silly to only ask one sex if something is sexist because that is, in itself, sexist.

Phoenix654

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

@nmc2008 said:

@themanwithnoplan said:

I personally think it's silly to only ask one sex if something is sexist because that is, in itself, sexist.

I suppose that's a fair point, but there already was a post on here talking about this. I asked a fairly specific question directed at a fairly specific audience. I didn't intend for this to be 5 pages of flame war and gifs, I just wanted a perspective from a gender that I am not. Lesson learned about forums, I'll try not to do it in the future.

NMC2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By NMC2008

@artelinarose said:

@nmc2008 said:

@themanwithnoplan said:

Exactly, just open a discussion and let people speak, I am sure women will share their opinions(I can't tell whom is male or female anyway lol unless they specify).

NMC2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artelinarose said:

@nmc2008 said:

@themanwithnoplan said:

I suppose that's a fair point, but there already was a post on here talking about this. I asked a fairly specific question directed at a fairly specific audience. I didn't intend for this to be 5 pages of flame war and gifs, I just wanted a perspective from a gender that I am not. Lesson learned about forums, I'll try not to do it in the future.

I am sorry you didn't get the convo you wanted friend, but there is one thing I learned over the past year or so and that is gender topics are a battleground most of the time, I usually just watch from the sidelines but this Quiet situation didn't look too bloody so I decided to jump in for a minute. Also, this topic will guarantee you at least 5 pages here and 20 to 30 on NeoGAF. Sorry bro, maybe next time.

sparklykiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#216  Edited By sparklykiss

Shame on you guys for turning this into a "watch and eat popcorn/reaction image" fest.

5 pages is plenty long for this discussion (possibly too long) and considering this could only derail further and incite more arguments, I'm going to lock this thread. Thanks for your understanding.

PS. Quiet's apparel is pretty dumb.