GiantBomb Store, Shipping Details' Ambiguity

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By BiggerBomb

Don't worry, don't worry! I have already given money to slate Luchadeer's thirst and I'm eagerly anticipating my return on said investment. My confusion stems from the pre-order status of these items and the 2-3 weeks they will take to get to buyers.

I'm assuming the term pre-order means you do not have the hoodies/shirts yet, because that is most often use of the term pre-order (hence the "pre.")  That said, there is a portion in bold at the top of the store's page that reads, "We are now accepting pre-orders, which means you'll be the first to get these t-shirts and hoodies in 2-3 weeks."

Who is the "you" (you'll) in that statement and what does it mean in the context of "you'll be the first to get these t-shirts and hoodies?" I might be the only one, but I interpreted that to mean that only those who ordered within a specified time frame would get those items within the mentioned 2-3 weeks. I ordered a Luchadeer hoody a day after the store went live, am I among the "you" crowd?

Is this a form of a beta for the store and only those who have pre-ordered during this stage will get the merchandise early on? I'm confused and I feel a little stupid because of it.

Can someone set me straight on this?

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Jayge_

I thought it was "slake your thirst"?

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By Snail
BiggerBomb said:
"I'm assuming the term pre-order means you do not have the hoodies/shirts yet, because that is most often use of the term pre-order (hence the "pre.")  "
=O
Answering your question, I think it is pretty obvious that anyone who pre-orders gets it in the next 2-3 weeks.. I might be wrong though
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BiggerBomb
Jayge said:
"I thought it was "slake your thirst"?"

I thought it was slate, but I very well may be wrong.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jayge_
BiggerBomb said:
"Jayge said:

I thought it was slate, but I very well may be wrong."
Google'ing "slate your thirst" offers a direct correction to "slake".

Jayge; bettering your life through vocabulary improvement every day.
Cogito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Cogito

I'll order a shirt for Christmas.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BiggerBomb
Jayge said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"Jayge said:

I thought it was slate, but I very well may be wrong."
Google'ing "slate your thirst" offers a direct correction to "slake".

Jayge; bettering your life through vocabulary improvement every day."

I actually have a very large vocabulary, unfortunately school fries my brain and the result is a vessel holding the vocabulary of a 2 year old.
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BiggerBomb

So...

Can anyone fill me in on this?

/shameless bump

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#9  Edited By citizenkane

It just means that whoever preorders items from the store will be the first to recieve them(from what I undestand, they haven't made any items yet).  The store is still in pre-order mode, so you are okay.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BiggerBomb
CitizenKane said:
"It just means that whoever preorders items from the store will be the first to recieve them(from what I undestand, they haven't made any items yet).  The store is still in pre-order mode, so you are okay."

Alright, thanks man. Where have you been? I haven't seen you around in awhile.
citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By citizenkane

BiggerBomb said:

"CitizenKane said:
"It just means that whoever preorders items from the store will be the first to recieve them(from what I undestand, they haven't made any items yet).  The store is still in pre-order mode, so you are okay."

Alright, thanks man. Where have you been? I haven't seen you around in awhile."

Since work and school and taken up more time than expected this semester, I have beem mostly working behind the scenes here at Giant Bomb.  I have been getting more and more free time recently, though, so now I can take on more of a public role in the community again.

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By daniel_beck_90

we should consider limits of a small private section like Giant Bomb , they are not Amazon you know !!!

Giantkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By Giantkitty

Since he preordered it, have they present it yet? And since it's a present, it's free right?

SpinCookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14  Edited By SpinCookie

Yeah, when will these actually ship, it's very vague on the site, I wish Jeff or someone would come on here and clarify this.  10 dollar shipping is pretty expensive for a shirt, especially if it's not expected to ship anytime soon.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By citizenkane
Giantkitty said:
"Since he preordered it, have they present it yet? And since it's a present, it's free right?"
World domination isn't cheap.  This isn't a charity.
Giantkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By Giantkitty
CitizenKane said:
"Giantkitty said:
"Since he preordered it, have they present it yet? And since it's a present, it's free right?"
World domination isn't cheap.  This isn't a charity."
Actually you should give the hoodies away free, but put a mind control device in them. (In that hypnotized voice) "I will write a blank check to Luchadeer" "I will love Star Wars so much I'd marry it if I could" "I will not spam or troll on GB" "I will become [insert mod's name here]'s slave"

"Yes master"
citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By citizenkane

Giantkitty said:

"CitizenKane said:
"Giantkitty said:
Actually you should give the hoodies away free, but put a mind control device in them. (In that hypnotized voice) "I will write a blank check to Luchadeer" "I will love Star Wars so much I'd marry it if I could" "I will not spam or troll on GB" "I will become [insert mod's name here]'s slave""

We use visual subliminal messages throughout the website.  It gets the message across just as well and we don't loose money on giving away free hoodies.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BiggerBomb
CitizenKane said:
"

Giantkitty said:

"CitizenKane said:
"Giantkitty said:
Actually you should give the hoodies away free, but put a mind control device in them. (In that hypnotized voice) "I will write a blank check to Luchadeer" "I will love Star Wars so much I'd marry it if I could" "I will not spam or troll on GB" "I will become [insert mod's name here]'s slave""

We use visual subliminal messages throughout the website.  It gets the message across just as well and we don't loose money on giving away free hoodies.

"

It's true! :O

One look at the Gears of War 2 ad and I went from ambivalent to wanting. Me thinks I have been tricked!
citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By citizenkane
BiggerBomb said:
"CitizenKane said:
"

Giantkitty said:

"CitizenKane said:
"Giantkitty said:

"

It's true! :O

One look at the Gears of War 2 ad and I went from ambivalent to wanting. Me thinks I have been tricked!"
MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!