Giantbomb, the most INCLUSIVE community on the Internet

greennoodles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By greennoodles

To all who subscribed, thank you. I know some are yelling about how "it's only 5 bucks omg" but some of us have to justify every penny that goes out. I love these guys and have been following since APD, but my girlfriend got layed off and things are super tight right now. It makes me happy to see a community band together to let people who didn't pay get content. You all could have taken the "i get it so why should I care" approach, but you didn't. In this world of "exclusivity" it brightens up my day to see people be inclusive for once, and I thank you all. Can't wait for my medal.

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By gingertastic_10

Not getting a subscription because of money issues is a smart move. I only got it to help out the crew, and to get that sweet t-shirt.

zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By zanzibarbreeze

I'm sure we all appreciate the sentiment, but I'm not sure how many people bought a membership so the non-members could get the Bombcast. I'll freely admit that I bought the membership to get the Bombcast, and thoughts of helping out non-subscribers were incidental and secondary. But I'm happy I could help.

sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By sodiumCyclops
@ZanzibarBreeze said:
" I'm sure we all appreciate the sentiment, but I'm not sure how many people bought a membership so the non-members could get the Bombcast. I'll freely admit that I bought the membership to get the Bombcast, and thoughts of helping out non-subscribers were incidental and secondary. But I'm happy I could help. "
Pretty much in the same boat here, dude.
SpartanAmbrose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By SpartanAmbrose

When I signed up for my annual membership, I thought I would only be helping out the amazing folks at Whiskey Media. Now that I know my money also went to keep the Bombcast free for all, it warms my heart even more. What good's a community if we can't look out for each other?

Viva la Bombcast!

Nephrahim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Nephrahim

Oh, I defeitnly subbed to keep the bombcast free :p  I think you are underestimating the comunity.

JKester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JKester

Woot thanks to all who subbed so i can get the bombcast for free! i would of subbed but i just droped half my bank account for university, ill be needing the other half for next term.
Pkshields

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Pkshields

I subbed to support Whiskey and to get a sweet shirt, but I was against the Bombcast being split up. Glad we hit 5k to keep it together. I think the amount of subs that have posted against the bombcast change shows how awesome the community is though.

ptys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By ptys

I will get a membership, but weighing up the cost as my Mastercard charges international transaction fees so the monthly will likely cost me $10AU and the Annual more like $70AU with the T-shirt. At least I can still enjoy the bombcast till I make a decision.

Mighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Mighty

I feel the same way!
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By crusader8463

I bought it thinking my credit card would get declined and I could at least say i tried. Turns out it went through for some reason and now I just spent $5 on a month subscription for something I have zero use for.

Slippery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Slippery

Hooray for being inclusive!

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By buzz_clik
@crusader8463 said:
" I bought it thinking my credit card would get declined and I could at least say i tried. Turns out it went through for some reason and now I just spent $5 on a month subscription for something I have zero use for. "
Not true - with your current avatar, your monthly membership makes you look like you're wearing two medals. Two! Count 'em!
Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Skytylz
@crusader8463: Your doubly important!
LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By LiquidSwords
@greennoodles said:
" To all who subscribed, thank you. I know some are yelling about how "it's only 5 bucks omg" but some of us have to justify every penny that goes out. I love these guys and have been following since APD, but my girlfriend got layed off and things are super tight right now. It makes me happy to see a community band together to let people who didn't pay get content. You all could have taken the "i get it so why should I care" approach, but you didn't. In this world of "exclusivity" it brightens up my day to see people be inclusive for once, and I thank you all. Can't wait for my medal. "
Bills, rent, and other needs is more important than joining.
Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@greennoodles: My sentiments exactly!  Except I don't have a girlfriend that's laid off, I'm just flat ass broke right now.  (I'm 17, and the mom and pops restaurant I worked at got put out of business back in January, and I'll I've been able to find since are 4 mowing jobs).
yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By yakov456

If people can't give money who cares, a love for GB is all that is required to post on here.

StillVictor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By StillVictor
@greennoodles:  Dude, it's a pleasure. I'm happy that you and many will still be able to listen to the podcast as you did before. Not having the means to subscribe right now is a totally legitimate reason.
SBYM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SBYM

Have you tested the comparative inclusiveness of every single other online community? If not then this is pure speculation. You're "science" is flawed. Good day to you, sir.

Ghil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Ghil

you know, I was depressed these days, seeing all the flame going on about this, and this thread just put a smile on my face. Thank you to those who subscribed, and I look forward to having a medal one of these days.

Glak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Glak

We hit 5k!!!??
Thank you subs, I love you all

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#22  Edited By JJWeatherman

You're welcome. :P

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By crusader8463
@buzz_clik:@Skytylz: Well it is true that my awesomeness and humility does require at least two medals to properly convey its greatness to all around me, so I guess it was worth it.
thaijedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By thaijedi
@greennoodles:  I got that fuzzy feeling :)
pabsi9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By pabsi9

Have your say here...

pabsi9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By pabsi9

Love, life and bombcast

blackbird415

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27  Edited By blackbird415
@greennoodles said:
 I love these guys and have been following since APD "
APD???
turbo_toaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#28  Edited By turbo_toaster

It's so nice to see people support the stuff they like. Before the internet when Mainstream was kind of the only game in town, I feel as though people became really jaded as they were gouged deeper and deeper by companies for products that were super contrived and shitty. With the download generation it seems like we got comfortable with the notion of not paying for stuff we felt we'd been ripped off by before. Maybe now we can find quality goods that we maintain ourselves as a little community to keep the cycle going, it's awesome I love it. Whiskey created a really warm and homey atmosphere.

Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29  Edited By unsolvedparadox

I'm proud to be rocking the virtual gold medal.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TwoOneFive

i justify every penny.  

do you realize how much of the great content on this site you have consumed?! 5 bucks is the LEAST i could do. 

beej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By beej

Yeah the way I see it is I've wasted 50 bucks a year on stuff I don't even like, and GB has given me more entertainment than say 5 movie tickets, so why not subscribe? Also as Ryan put it a subscription was basically going to help them keep doing more shenanigans, and boy do I like their shenanigans. Seriously though it's awesome that the bombcast is free for everyone I kind of wish it was a donation model and everyone got to see the cool new stuff regardless of financial situation, but hey I can understand the need to incentivize subscribing.

Overwatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Overwatch

I'm very happy for non-subscribers. I would hate to listen Bombcast in two parts.

martindn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By martindn

Yeh im glad everyone gets to listen to it too everythings back to normal, i really only subscribed to support the guys, before the goal was even announced so it wasnt in my mind when i paid, but its good that it helped.

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35  Edited By tebbit
@dudeglove said:
" @Turbo_Toaster said:
" It's so nice to see people support the stuff they like. Before the internet when Mainstream was kind of the only game in town, I feel as though people became really jaded as they were gouged deeper and deeper by companies for products that were super contrived and shitty. With the download generation it seems like we got comfortable with the notion of not paying for stuff we felt we'd been ripped off by before. Maybe now we can find quality goods that we maintain ourselves as a little community to keep the cycle going, it's awesome I love it. Whiskey created a really warm and homey atmosphere. "
This. Now all we need is Ice-T. "
Ice-T is the epitome of "quality goods".
Mono_Listo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Mono_Listo

I hope everyone that subscribed was being altruistic :)

I'm going to ring up a subscription soon, just having a problem with my PayPal account right now. I've enjoyed their podcasts, for free, for a long time and gotten a lot of joy from this site. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't doing this just for my own edification. ;)

greennoodles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#37  Edited By greennoodles
@blackbird415 said:
" @greennoodles said:
 I love these guys and have been following since APD "
APD??? "
Arrow Pointing Down, it was the blog/podcast that became Giant Bomb
Inf225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Inf225
@Overwatch said:

" I'm very happy for non-subscribers. I would hate to listen Bombcast in two parts. "

Same here, that would be annoying for us all.

I subbed for people like my GFs brother who can't sub because they don't have a credit card or money issues, but they love the bombcast as much as I do, and deserve to have the whole thing. Also because Giant Bomb is awesome and they deserve our support after all the free stuff they have done.
Brenderous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#39  Edited By Brenderous

If the bombcast became member exclusive after I signed up, I might have felt weird about my membership. Glad they didn't.

blackbird415

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#40  Edited By blackbird415
@greennoodles: Oh yeah, okay. I didnt listen to that in between podcast. They kinda fell of the earth for a while, I didn't know where they ended up, but I did listen to the hotspot when they first conceived that with rich gallup way back on gamespot.
Devildoll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Devildoll

One of my primary motives for buying the membership was so that every person on earth would be able to listen to the bombcast back to back , just like in the past. 
But also to support whiskey media and the giant bomb crew . im glad to give them a few bucks after all the great stuff ive been able to read , watch and listen to.

slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#42  Edited By slowbird

I subscribed to free the whales from captivity, all the other stuff is just secondary.

Jimbo7676

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Jimbo7676

Just turn off your ad blocker and click the occasional ad. I wanted to support GB so I got the subscription before knowing anything about the bombcast stuff. I'm glad it is free for everyone now. It ends the drama and subscribers get an additional benefit.