GOG.com promotion.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Getz

So I just logged on to GOG.com to purchase Temple of Elemental Evil because I do everything Dave Snider tells me to, and I saw that they're about to reach 6 million downloads and they're making a really big deal out of it. Then I realized that the 6 millionth downloader gets every single game in their catalogue. That's an obscene amount classic compy goodness, so even though I have a snowball's chance in hell I'm gonna try and do it. If you were thinking of buying a game on there, I suggest you do it soon: there's only 200,000 to go.

snide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By snide

@Getz: Be sure to check out the CO8 modpack. Have fun with the game. As with all my previous mentions of that game, there is very little story. It's a great game purely for its DnD gameplay mechanics!

http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7737

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Getz

@snide: Thanks for the tip!

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#4  Edited By ArbitraryWater

@snide: You guys should do ToEE for your old game look at some point. Obviously, it'd have to be a few hours in because those beginning fetch quests are practically manditory, but once your characters reach the temple I could see a look of that game being something resembling interesting to watch.

Anyways, yes. To anyone who doesn't know all D&D games are on sale this weekend. You get more off with the number of games you buy, but sadly if you want that full 60% off you have to buy all of them... which wouldn't be an issue at all if not for the fact that Demon Stone and Dragonshard are also in that pack, which are apparently both crappy spinoffs of the action and RTS persuasions. Still, all the infinity engine games, NWN1 and ToEE for like 50% off is not something to sneeze at.

conformunist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By conformunist

Finally, the gentle push I needed to justify buying all the Sierra Space Quest games again.

procrasturbate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By procrasturbate

DRM FREE baby!

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Getz

@ArbitraryWater: it's awesome that you still get the discount if you have some of the games already; are forgotten realms and dragonshard really that bad?

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By ReyGitano

I'm still waiting for GOG to have a sale on Fallout 1 and 2. Anyone know when they may have a big sale again?

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By GreggD

@ArbitraryWater said:

@snide: You guys should do ToEE for your old game look at some point. Obviously, it'd have to be a few hours in because those beginning fetch quests are practically manditory, but once your characters reach the temple I could see a look of that game being something resembling interesting to watch.

Anyways, yes. To anyone who doesn't know all D&D games are on sale this weekend. You get more off with the number of games you buy, but sadly if you want that full 60% off you have to buy all of them... which wouldn't be an issue at all if not for the fact that Demon Stone and Dragonshard are also in that pack, which are apparently both crappy spinoffs of the action and RTS persuasions. Still, all the infinity engine games, NWN1 and ToEE for like 50% off is not something to sneeze at.

I have all of them, except for Demon Stone and Dragonshard, and I'm really tempted to just buy those and be done with it. It's only 7.98 if I get both, and I was thinking about getting Demon Stone, anyway.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#10  Edited By ArbitraryWater

@Getz said:

@ArbitraryWater: it's awesome that you still get the discount if you have some of the games already; are forgotten realms and dragonshard really that bad?

I doubt it. Both games average somewhere in the 60s on Metacritic, but neither sounds like they're exactly quality products. Still bought them, along with my requisite digital backups of Baldur's Gate 1 and Neverwinter Nights Diamond. To be fair, I probably should've just gotten BG, because the only thing I remember about Neverwinter Nights was that the original campaign for that game was totally awful. I dunno. I hear the multiplayer and the modding scene are what made that game what it was.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

Buying the entire D&D sale bundle when the counter is about to hit.

Take that internet.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By SSully

This is with DnD special is VERY tempting, but I am going to try and hold out!

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Getz

@LordXavierBritish said:

Buying the entire D&D sale bundle when the counter is about to hit. Take that internet.

It probably won't reach the 6 million mark by the time that sale ends, unfortunately. You could always just buy the pack now, and then wait to download everything.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jay444111

@ReyGitano said:

I'm still waiting for GOG to have a sale on Fallout 1 and 2. Anyone know when they may have a big sale again?

Dude, I have boughten both of them at 3 bucks each, and I would've gladly spent 10 to 15 bucks on them for being so good. Stop being cheap and buy them! Fallout 1 and 2 are still great!

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Anybody who doesn't have those D&D games needs to buy them, those are some of the greatest RPG's ever made there.

I was tempted to pick up Neverwinter Nights, despite already owning it.. just so I wouldn't have to go through the 7 discs and 3 CD keys next time I want to play it.. but buying it on it's own is too expensive.

ikaruga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ikaruga

Already have FO1 and 2 waiting for download and will buy arcanum as well when the ticker close to 6mil.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Branthog

I already had all but two of the games on this weekends GOG special, so I went ahead and bought those, too. Man, some day when I have only a shitty computer and no job and my life sucks and I'm depressed and need something to take my mind off things, this massive backlog from GOG and Steam that I have (over 500 games between the two) is going to be like a fucking gold mine!