GotG Round 1: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves vs. Far Cry 3

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

Poll GotG Round 1: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves vs. Far Cry 3 (660 votes)

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves 73%
Far Cry 3 27%

Main thread

Full bracket

This is a doozy. The nature of a knockout bracket means there'll be some harsh pairing and this is certainly one of them.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (2009)

What the community has to say:

Uncharted 2 consistently plays at a level of fun and excitement that most games don't reach for a minute. As much as your brain will try to shield you from the scorn of hype, believe it: this is one of the best adventure games to ever be put together. I absolutely loved the single player, and to my surprise, the multiplayer is awesome as well. Between all of its modes, extras, and sheer quality, you'll probably be spending a lot of time with this game, for months to come. It's amazing what can be done in just two years; in that time, Naughty Dog took a great game and shined it into one of the greatest adventures in gaming. To make a long story short; you need to play this game.

From user review by @scheds

Far Cry 3 (2012)

What the community has to say:

This is the game that I wish Turok had been at its 2008 reboot, and while that beloved series of my childhood is defunct at present I feel that Far Cry 3 has filled that void for me by giving me a new shooter with incredible animal life and enemies. This is a stunning achievement, and I would heartily recommend it to anyone with the slightest interest in shooters or open world games.

From user review by @thesilentgod

Voting closes at midnight GMT / 4pm PST Saturday

• 
zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#51  Edited By zero_
musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Bah GAWD! Uncharted with the stone cold stunner! God as my witness Farcry 3 is broken in half!

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Far Cry 3 isn't even in the ten best games of 2012.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Never played Far Cry 3 beyond about an hour on the ps3, before the abysmal framerate forced me to retire it early... Uncharted 2 is one of my top 3 games of the generation, though, so when played like how it was meant to be played, it's... unlikely that Far Cry 3 could have topped it anyway.

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By granderojo

@rolyatkcinmai said:

Uncharted 2 isn't even in the ten best games of 2009.

I like the cut of this guys jib

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#57  Edited By devilzrule27

Poor Far Cry getting matched up against Uncharted.

Avatar image for mycroft_ampersand
Mycroft_Ampersand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@hailinel said:

@believer258 said:

@wemibelec90 said:

@believer258: Nice to know I'm not the only person who thought this about the Uncharted games. Man, are they pretty and have well-acted and interesting characters, but that gunplay is TERRIBLE. I've never understood how everyone can think it's so good. I really hope Naughty Dog makes something that isn't a shooter next, because I really dislike their style of shooting.

Well, I mean this guy

@hailinel said:

Dudebro McDouchebag versus Cavalier Mass Murderer

dislikes it more than I do. Though, both games feature cavalier mass murderers, it's just that Far Cry 3's cavalier mass murderer both acknowledges his new found hobby and lives in a worthwhile game.

I distinctly remember you, Hailinel, saying that your interest in Uncharted could be measured in the negatives in that GTA V thread where we were arguing with Seppli about bloody fucking plane controls.

Yeah, I did say that. I really never did go for the Uncharted series at all. I mean, yes, they have very cinematic set-pieces, but if that's the core strength of your game, and you're making a shooter and not, say, Heavy Rain, I think you've done something wrong.

This is pretty much my feelings on the Uncharted games as well. They are fun to watch at times but far less enjoyable to play (mostly due to poor mechanics and control, in my opinion). Never did get into them at all despite numerous people proclaiming how amazing the series is.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I'm not going to lie when I say that I think Jason Brody is one of the more reprehensible protagonists in recent memory. Also that I loved the hell out of Far Cry 3.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#60  Edited By mracoon

Uncharted 2 leaps to victory with 73% of the vote and 624 votes cast.