GotG Round 3: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves vs. Red Dead Redemption

• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

Edited By mracoon
 • 
Cluter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By Cluter

This poll is rigged if Uncharted is losing! Seriously, Uncharted 2 guys! Either way, I think TLOU deserves to win and if both of these games get knocked out this round, I hate you guys. Honestly.

Don't hate the player... hate the game. Etc, etc.

a_randay92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By a_randay92

This is such a tough choice since I absolutely loved both Uncharted 2 and RDR. I ended up voting for RDR because it's just one of the most memorable games I have ever played. The music, the atmosphere, the wild west setting (never played a game in this setting before), the characters, the story, the MP even, and just all of it came together so perfectly for me. I played this a third time with the mini-map off and I highly recommend doing so. One of the most immersive game experiences I've had in a really long time.

nick_verissimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

In terms of mechanics and plot, Uncharted 2 was one of the most enjoyable experiences I had this generation. That being said, Red Dead is a once in a generation type of game and it'll be hard for me to not pick it over everything else as this goes on.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By awesomeusername

@awesomeusername said:

This poll is rigged if Uncharted is losing! Seriously, Uncharted 2 guys! Either way, I think TLOU deserves to win and if both of these games get knocked out this round, I hate you guys. Honestly.

Don't hate the player... hate the game. Etc, etc.

It's impossible to hate TLOU or Uncharted. Unless you're nuts.

thatdutchguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By thatdutchguy

This choice is too hard for me. Fuck it.

fatalbanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uncharted didn't blow me away as much as it did other people but then again Red Dead never really clicked with me either. Uncharted was the one I actually finished so Ill go with that.

JellyFish_Gsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Kinda wish Uncharted wasnt an exclusive so more people could enjoy just how damn good it was.

senrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By senrat

Uncharted 2 was an amazing looking and playing game. It seriously almost felt like a generational leap within a generation in terms of production values. I liked Red Dead Redemption more overall though, I felt like Uncharted was too frustrating to play, I don't know if its just me, but I died often and quickly in that game.. Roaming the plains and enjoying the beautiful world was more enjoyable to me in RDR than sliding down and exploding building in Uncharted 2.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Red Dead is fantastic. Uncharted 2 was great but the gameplay was secondary to the grandeur of the environments. Red Dead was just pretty great (even the Mexico parts were okay, they just dragged on)

Broomhitches

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I gave Uncharted a chance, but I didn't like the combat. RDR was awesome.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#61  Edited By Yummylee

Goddamn, if things stay on the same trajectory, then it looks like RDR is going to be taking on bloody Dark Souls. Now that's going to make for an interesting poll.

Avatar image for disabilityfishy
DisAbiLityFisHy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting, ReTarDedFisHy thought that Uncharted 2 had much more of an impact influencing the 3rd person action adventure than Red Dead did.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Red Dead gets my vote, John Marston is one heck of a protagonist. And it may be the best Old West game ever made.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Man I envy you people that think that Uncharted 2 is an amazing game. To me, Uncharted 2 felt like a vanilla 3rd person cover based shooter with Call of Duty style set pieces. I won't deny that the set pieces and environments were amazing, but it felt like that despite what's happening around Nathan, the combat and platforming was still as vanilla as ever. But damn that one temple with the giant sword thing you had to climb was fucking beautiful.

face15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uncharted 2 and Red Dead Redemption are probably my two favourite games ever. If you asked me which I liked better I would probably have a different answer every day. Today it's Red Dead though.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#66  Edited By DarthOrange

I didn't really like Red Dead. I actually lost interest after reaching Mexico. Uncharted 2 was fantastic, I must have gone through that campaign at least 4 times. The multiplayer and coop was also fantastic.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally glad to see something deserving actually winning. Red Dead over Uncharted ANY day.

gatehouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Red Dead was brilliant and the best of Rockstar, but Uncharted 2 was just the most fun I've had with a game this generation. A properly fantastic ride from start to finish.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Wow, I chose RDR but I really expected Uncharted 2 to have a significant lead before I hit the vote button.

Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

voted uncharted since its the game I would play again and I had more fun with it.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Really tough, I'm going with Red Dead because TLoU really booted Uncharted 2 out of the "Best Naughty Dog game this gen" throne.

TopCat88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#72  Edited By TopCat88

I've given up caring now Halo 3 has gone!

Seriously, I think this comes down to availability. UC2 was only on Playstation, RDR was on both. I never owned a Playstation so how can I vote for UC2. I played and enjoyed RDR so I'll vote for it. Maybe that's not objective of me or fair to UC2, but such is life. This is a bit of fun and can never be as valid as a GiantBomb list (if they ever do one).

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uncharted 2 for having some fun action set pieces to play through where is I can't think of any in RDR that stand out.

JosephKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Uncharted 2 is an amazing game and a liberating experience right after playing the clunky and sometimes mediocre first game, and it makes my top 10 list of the best of the 7th gen. Too bad it's going up against a top 3 7th gen game!

I was sucked into the fully-realized world of Red Dead Redemption with its vast picturesque terrain, colorful cast of characters, Marston's entire story arc, and the hypnotic shifting dynamics between the quiet and the storm. I love the game to death.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RDR is quickest to the draw and wins with 57% of the vote and 903 votes cast.