GOTY 2009 - A Change of Heart

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

Edited By lordofultima

So I know I already did my GOTY 2009 stuff, but I have definitely done some stuff in the last couple days that has made me reconsider or add stuff. Those two things are mainly: I've played and beaten Uncharted 2, and I've listened to the soundtrack for the PSN game Shatter.  

• The winner of the newly included best story of 2009 is Uncharted 2. The cut-scenes and delivery in this game are phenomenal, easily the best part of the game is not actually playing it. For whatever that's worth, this makes a story award an apt inclusion for 2009.

• The new best videogame soundtrack of 2009 is Shatter. My god, I cannot believe how good this OST is, it's definitely shades of last year's winner, that being Bionic Commando Rearmed. While the tunes aren't familiar remixes of classic tunes, they share the same monumental electronic landscape feel, and completely blow the water out of anything else released in their respective year. 

• While we're giving out new awards, I might as well give Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 the Best Setpieces in 2009 award. While Uncharted 2 had some great ones, the ones in MW2 just wouldn't let up and they were all ridiculously awesome.

That about covers 2009 now, for serious this time. lordofultima signing out.
lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By lordofultima

So I know I already did my GOTY 2009 stuff, but I have definitely done some stuff in the last couple days that has made me reconsider or add stuff. Those two things are mainly: I've played and beaten Uncharted 2, and I've listened to the soundtrack for the PSN game Shatter.  

• The winner of the newly included best story of 2009 is Uncharted 2. The cut-scenes and delivery in this game are phenomenal, easily the best part of the game is not actually playing it. For whatever that's worth, this makes a story award an apt inclusion for 2009.

• The new best videogame soundtrack of 2009 is Shatter. My god, I cannot believe how good this OST is, it's definitely shades of last year's winner, that being Bionic Commando Rearmed. While the tunes aren't familiar remixes of classic tunes, they share the same monumental electronic landscape feel, and completely blow the water out of anything else released in their respective year. 

• While we're giving out new awards, I might as well give Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 the Best Setpieces in 2009 award. While Uncharted 2 had some great ones, the ones in MW2 just wouldn't let up and they were all ridiculously awesome.

That about covers 2009 now, for serious this time. lordofultima signing out.
Avatar image for sandwich_adjustment
sandwich_adjustment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Did you like the OST for the Neotokyo HL2 mod? that rocked for me

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Scooper
@sandwich_adjustment said:
" Did you like the OST for the Neotokyo HL2 mod? that rocked for me "
I haven't played that mod in ages. That's a fantastic game! Thanks for reminding me about that.
Avatar image for sandwich_adjustment
sandwich_adjustment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@Scooper:  I forgot about it also, but there was a bit of a buzz over the OST after it was released seperately. Damn some of the tracks are just phenomenal!!! The HL2 mod is dead or something, like 30 empty servers when I tried it in late december.......
Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By Tordah

For a second I thought Dragon Age: Origins was going to dethrone SFIV on your list. How silly of me.