Gary Oldman Wins!

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By iam3green

you can't compare the two.... they are both different games. gears of war is third person shooter and god of war is a button masher, action adventure game.

apertura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By apertura

This poll is stupid, which is why I voted.

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By subject2change

I think its in terms of who has the right be called GoW, NOT the games themselves. 

God of War came out first. So it is dubbed GoW. Gears of War goes by Gears. In my book.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#8  Edited By JJWeatherman
@apertura said:
" This poll is stupid, which is why I voted. "
fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By fwylo
@iam3green: Sure you can, which one do you like better.
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Gears = GeoW  

God of war = GOW

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By flaminghobo
@apertura said:
apertura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By apertura
@HitmanAgent47 said:
"

Gears =  GeoW

God of war = GOW

"
GeoW is dumb. It's Gears, damnit.
DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

I call I God of War GoW and I call Gears of Wars... Gears, Gears2, Gears3..

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By HitmanAgent47
samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By samcotts

I prefer Gears of War, so I voted that...

apertura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By apertura
NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By NathHaw

I've always seen Gears as GeoW.  God of War as GoW. 

I guess I shouldn't say I've always seen them that way, but that's the way forums I've been on have usually distinguished them.

apertura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By apertura

HOLY SHIT IT'S A TIE HOW EXCITING IS THIS GUYS 

No Caption Provided
WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#20  Edited By WickedCobra03

GoW = God of War

GeoW = Gears of War

... I thought we already had this established like 3 years ago?!?

rjpelonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#21  Edited By rjpelonia

This is too confusing. From now on, we'll call one GoW and the other GoWar.

...Waitaminute...

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@apertura: Your opinion doesn't matter to me, I know other sites who calls it that, i'm used to the term.
rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#24  Edited By rjayb89

Gears of War = GeoW.  I respect others who are homosexual in nature.

apertura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By apertura
@HitmanAgent47 said:
" @apertura: Your opinion doesn't matter to me, I know other sites who calls it that, i'm used to the term. "
Shit, that's hardcore. No one's opinion matters to you, you are a cool lone wolf who doesn't take shit from anyone. The lone ranger, so cool it hurts to look at him. 

Don't mess with his shit, because he JUST DOESN'T CARE.
Arestice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Arestice

I never clarify, and let the person I'm telling it to decide what they want to hear.

GoW this GoW that.

Terry_Bogard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Terry_Bogard

Gears of War. God of War is a shitty Rygar clone. Kratos is a douche bag cry baby. 

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@apertura: You said your opinion was the most important, who do you think you are? I just showed you like a 100 google pages calling it GeOW, then you reference it to one torrent site? What about the other 9,999 sites you failed to mention? The op and you are simply ignorant of that term. Who cares if you don't like it, it's what ppl calls it. How else are you going to differentiate those games abreviation wise?
apertura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By apertura
@HitmanAgent47 said:
" @apertura: You said your opinion was the most important, who do you think you are? I just showed you like a 100 google pages calling it GeOW, then you reference it to one torrent site? What about the other 9,999 sites you failed to mention? The op and you are simply ignorant of that term. Who cares if you don't like it, it's what ppl calls it. "
Well, let me prove you wrong then. 

A google search for "gears 360" gives you around 18 million results. 
A google search for "geow 360", however, gives you around 400,000 results. 

DERP
Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Hitchenson

GoW - God of War 
GeoW - Gears of War 

You're just plain wrong if you think otherwise. Then again... who doesn't just call it Gears. That's what everyone calls it.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@apertura: gears 360? You didn't even realise that gears is also a pc game. Also you didn't think for a second that if you just wrote GOW, or gears, without the 360, you get less results. Lol 360. 

You realise when you wrote gears, it only linked to so many articles because of the word gears of war. They don't just call it gears, they also have the word of war at every google link you posted, you didn't mention anything about of war which was also attached to the word gears which gave you more results.
apertura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By apertura
@HitmanAgent47 said:
" @apertura: gears 360? You didn't even realise that gears is also a pc game. Also you didn't think for a second that if you just wrote GOW, or gears, without the 360, you get less results. Lol 360. "
So what? It's originally a 360 game, made for the 360, it sold most of the 360. Adding the 360 at the end makes it more relevant than adding PC at the end. Another example, without adding 360 or PC at the end: 
A google search for "gears 2" gives you close to 39 million results. 
A google search for "geow 2" gives you a pathetic 92,000 results. 

And now look what I'm going to do, i'm going to put on my HitmanAgent47 face! 
I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR OPINION. YOUR OPINION = LOL 

LOL
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@Hitchenson said:

"GoW - God of War GeoW - Gears of War  You're just plain wrong if you think otherwise. Then again... who doesn't just call it Gears. That's what everyone calls it. "

Yes that's totally how you say it in RL, gears, however when you want to write an abreviation for a forum, maybe a title for a thread, it's GeoW as you said. That should be the correct way to type an abbreviation to differentiate it from god of war. I think everyone should just accept it and use it. It's the right way.
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@apertura: What got you those results were the word Gears, what you failed to mention attached to all those google links were the word of war. That's not an abbreviation, rather the full name, you just took the first part of the name and gave yourself false credit.  

Google looks up words, if you can find it without being attached to the word of war, then you might have point, which you don't. 
Avatar image for thecreamfilling
TheCreamFilling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By TheCreamFilling

This is silly.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I have beaten both series and God of War trumps Gears of War in every way.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@Godlyawesomeguy said:
"I have beaten both series and God of War trumps Gears of War in every way. "

Well, if we are talking about this gen, or overall, GeoW outscored all of those games. I know ppl will say don't use gamerankings, think for yourself, blab blab blab, however I am just showing you the quality of the other series and how you might be slightly wrong. Your opinion is just your opinion.
apertura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By apertura
@HitmanAgent47 said:

" @apertura: What got you those results were the word Gears, what you failed to mention attached to all those google links were the word of war.  

Google looks up words, if you can find it without being attached to the word of war, then you might have point, which you don't. "

I'll give you that. But Google has this nifty mechanic. If you add quotation marks at the start and the end of what you want to search for, it only gives you results for identical matches. 
A google search for "gears 2" with the quotation marks gives you 470 000 results. 
A google search for "geow 2" with the quotation marks gives you 85 000 results. 

And don't come with the "OHH BUT THERE ARE SITES WRITING ABOUT THE OTHER TYPE OF GEARS". Do you honestly think that the majority of those results comes from sites that have things like "gears" followed directly by a "2", that are not talking about Gears of War? Well, if you do (which wouldn't surprise me), then you're even dumber.
dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40  Edited By dbz1995

God of War=God of War
Gears of War=Gears of War

Pretty simple for me.

apertura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By apertura
@RiotBananas said:
" @apertura:  I'm going out on a limb and saying your lack of experience on these forums is going to be your downfall.  Stop being a cock to people. "
I'm not trying to be a cock. I'm trying to prove to this kid that he is wrong. 
I've been on a lot of forums, this one is no different to many others.
kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By kishan6
@JJWeatherman said:
" @apertura said:
"
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@apertura: Why did you write 2? you leave out the pc version of the game. I call it gears, however abbreviation wise I call it GeoW instead of GOW.  

Usually it highlights the letter as a bold black right when it matches a word. However it's funny when you type that in, you don't always get a match for each link. We were debating out of these two games, which one is called GOW right? I say that's god of war and gears = GeoW of gears, as you said. I am not talking about an exploit of google. Writing "gears 1" gets you less results.  

The conclusion is GOW = god of war and not gears, or GeoW.
apertura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By apertura
@HitmanAgent47 said:
" @apertura: Why did you write 2? you leave out the pc version of the game. I call it gears, however abbreviation wise I call it GeoW instead of GOW.   Usually it highlights the letter as a bold black right when it matches a word. However it's funny when you type that in, you don't always get a match for each link. We were debating out of these two games, which one is called GOW right? I say that's god of war and gears = GeoW. I am not talking about an exploit of google. "
You were the one that brought Google into this. The reason I put in the 2 was and to prove to you that searching "gears 2" with the quotation marks (meaning the sites that write about actual gears would have to add a 2 right after they wrote "gears", which I doubt there is a lot of). Also to prevent you from making the argument of "they're saying gears of war 2, that's why your search is included!", since my search would give results for just "gears 2".  

And of course typing "gears 1" gives you less results. It's not very common to add a "1" to the first game of a franchise, usually it's just the name of the first game, or, for example "the original Gears". 
But then again, in your little mind, your opinion is the only one that matters.
jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By jeffgoldblum
@RE_Player92 said:
" i didn't vote because this poll is stupid  "
I concur. These games really shouldn't be pitted against each other. 
apertura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By apertura
@RiotBananas said:

" @apertura: But there is no true right or wrong, it's just a matter of preference. "

In this case, or should I say his case, since it was he who started arguing that GeoW is a more common way of saying Gears of War than just Gears, it's not a matter of preference. He gave his "facts", I gave mine. Speaking of preference, it seems to be something HitmanAgent47 time and time again has proven that he doesn't understand.
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@apertura: The conclusion is GOW = god of war and not gears, or GeoW. Can you agree with that? In a way, we both are right, that GOW is not really gears of war at all, gears is either called gears, or GeoW. Can you agree with that?  

Since we are talking about abreviations, you know what they are abreviations = w.o.w, world of warcraft. G.O.W, god of war. Gears isn't an abreviation at all when you think about it, it's not G.E.A.R.S, which stand for good ears are really super, lol. It's not, it's just a word, therefore it's not related to the abreviation of that thread, which cancels everything you said out abreviation wise. It should be thrown out because gears isn't an abreviation, like RFOM, which is resistance fall of man, B.F.B.C.2, battlefield bad company 2, ect. Your word should be cancelled out as an abreviation, which imo makes you wrong for the topic. However we are both right, GOW doesn't stand for gears of war at all. 

I have to go meet someone right away, wish I can stay for another hour, however that's my final answer, your not using an abreviation, therefore your statement is automatically cancelled out for a full word, gears since it doesn't stand for anything. The thread is about an abreviation, therefore we are both right gow is not gears of war. That's the fact, we are talking about abreviation and it's a fact you aren't using it, rather a full word, the first part of the first word of the game, which makes you wrong for the topic.
apertura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By apertura
@HitmanAgent47 said:
" @apertura: The conclusion is GOW = god of war and not gears, or GeoW. Can you agree with that? In a way, we both are right, that GOW is not really gears of war at all, gears is either called gears, or GeoW. Can you agree with that?   Since we are talking about abreviations, you know what they are abreviations = w.o.w, world of warcraft. G.O.W, god of war. Gears isn't an abreviation at all when you think about it, it's not G.E.A.R.S, which stand for good ears are really super, lol. It's not, it's just a word, therefore it's not related to the abreviation of that thread, which cancels everything you said out abreviation wise. It should be thrown out because gears isn't an abreviation, like RFOM, which is resistance fall of man, ect. Your word should be cancelled out as an abreviation, which imo makes you wrong for the topic. However we are both right, GOW doesn't stand for gears of war at all.        I have to go meet someone right away, wish I can stay for another hour, however that's my final answer, your not using an abreviation, therefore your statement is automatically cancelled out for a full word, gears since it doesn't stand for anything. The thread is about an abreviation, therefore we are both right gow is not gears of war. "
Of course I can agree with the fact that the initialism of God of War is GOW, but so is the case for Gears of War. Both of them have the same initialism. What I was speaking of, was abbreviations, but you seem to have it mixed up what an abbreviation is. "Gears" is a perfectly viable abbreviation of Gears of War, so I am using an abbreviation. It's a shortening of the word. An abbreviation. GOW is an initialism and arguably an acronym, as it's often used as a word. GeoW, is none of the three; it's something made up. Your argument was that GeoW was a more popular shortening of Gears of War than Gears. I proved you wrong.
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@apertura: One most post, using gears isn't an abbreviation at all. It's like saying RE4, is resident 4, or C.O.D 4 is call 4, SH2 is silent 2, or BFBC2 is battlefield 2, it's not there is already another battlefield 2 game before, that's incorrect. We use GeoW as a way to differentiate the acroynms. Gears of War.  We aren't talking about shortened words, that's not what I mean.  

You didn't prove me wrong, what you said is disqualified because it's not an acronym. Keep telling yourself you are right, when you are not. Ppl calls me Hitman, i'm not Hitman47, the full name is HitmanAgent47, Acronynm is H.A47. You are wrong, don't say yours is an acronym. I have to go, i'm already late. I'm still right, since the thread is about accroyms. Excuse my spelling, i'm in a hurry. At the end of the day, i'm talking about the topic, your just using call 4 as call of duty 4, which is totally wrong. It might work for gears, however that doesn't work for other games, it's not an acronymn when you want to write it out for a title of the thread.