Greg Kasavin RPG Marathon Every Year? I think he should

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By nightriff

After watching a good 7 to 8 hours of it today, Greg Kasavin is my new hero. I've also noticed a lot of people watching the stream, more than I have ever seen so obviously he brings a crowd, I think GB should try and get Greg to do a marathon once a year of a RPG game because I can't get enough of it, the guy is just pure entertainment. I would love to watch him play Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, Dragon Age, Witcher, anything really, even CoD or BF, it's just can't miss entertainment. Anyone else feel the same way?

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By toowalrus

Only if he really wants to- I mean, I miss seein' the guy around, but if he'd rather focus on his behind-the-scenes game development stuff, that's cool too.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By BabyChooChoo

@TooWalrus said:

Only if he really wants to- I mean, I miss seein' the guy around, but if he'd rather focus on his behind-the-scenes game development stuff, that's cool too.

Yeah, this. It'd be cool, but the reason why Giant Bomb works is because they, more or less, cover and do what they want to. I would hate for Greg to come back and marathon thru a game he might not enjoy just because he feels obligated.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By nightriff

@BabyChooChoo said:

@TooWalrus said:

Yeah, this. It'd be cool, but the reason why Giant Bomb works is because they, more or less, cover and do what they want to. I would hate for Greg to come back and marathon thru a game he might not enjoy just because he feels obligated.

I would never want him to feel obligated, but I'm just saying if he is willing to try a game I think that would be great, I haven't been around the site long at all but I've never seen any live streams have that many consistent viewers for X amount of time, have him play bastion for 2 hours, I watch that in a heart beat

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Afroman269

No, it has to be the right game.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By AhmadMetallic

No, it's great because it's a special occasion to celebrate a very special RPG every five years or so.  

Don't turn it into a boring feature.

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By FreakAche

How about every day?

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Gabriel

Next game he should marathon should be Fallout 5.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AuthenticM

@Gabriel said:

I bet 20$ that it's going to be called Fallout 4. And yes, he should marathon that game.

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Gabriel

@AuthenticM said:

@Gabriel said:

I bet 20$ that it's going to be called Fallout 4. And yes, he should marathon that game.

I didn't say Fallout 4, I said 5.

SSValis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SSValis

Maybe every Bethesda game.

LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By LiquidSwords

No.

bonbolapti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13  Edited By bonbolapti

No, because the moment it becomes something they have to be compelled to do every year, the fun gets taken out of it.

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By hockeymask27

Nah I like the rarity.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By GreggD

If he does it for charity, sure. But this is the kind of thing that needs to come at the right time, not annually. That kinda stuff can be ruinous. Like forcing an Endurance Run. Just sayin'.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#16  Edited By BeachThunder

Borderlands 2 for next year :o

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I would tune in to watch Greg play just about anything. Would have loved to see him play Saints Row 3 also.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

@TooWalrus said:

Pretty much this, I'm sure Greg will return, but not so sure if he'll do a marathon for a game each year.

oobs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By oobs

i would have to agree..greg did a great job it was great coverage. Though i didnt watch that much maybe 3 or 4 hours. But Greg and the GB Crew should be congratualed even if some of the guys caused a power outage with blow dryers I was up very early to watch this like 3am or so i think it was for those of us here in Australia great job well done

AnimalFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By AnimalFather

marathon? he finishes the game without sleeping? plays it non stop 24/7?

soiledsanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By soiledsanchez

id watch it, frankly i dont even care what game he played for it

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By mordukai

I would like to thank Giantbomb and Greg Kasavin for giving me the best sleep I had in weeks.

Not trying to troll, even though I am aware that my comment sounds as such, but for the time in weeks I was alone in the house and after I started watching I fell asleep and it was just amazing. Greg should think about doing a series of him reading bed time stories. Something about his voice and the way he speaks gets me relaxed.

SmilingPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SmilingPig

I miss Greg, Carrie and ... the other guy... the one who dressed like a pimp...I cant remember his name... Ritch Gallup.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By bybeach

I would like the guy to be around more. I don't know how a once a year marathon could work, but if it did, cool. An occasional review, paid per piece would be outstanding. I very much like and miss Greg.

And w/out doing putting in anybody else's mouth, Fallout 4. And if Greg doesn't care for that particular game, Jeff might be up for it :) Maybe Jeff and Vinny for a very limited edition run for old times sake..speaking strictly a 12 hour marathon. Vinny needed to keep tech together anyways.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By zombie2011

@AhmadMetallic said:

No, it's great because it's a special occasion to celebrate a very special RPG every five years or so. Don't turn it into a boring feature.

This.

One of the things i don't like about the GB community is they want special features to be a constant thing. The guys did an ER of Persona 4 then everyone kept posting to do a new one for every new game. Now this is going to happen for the Skyrim marathon.

soiledsanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By soiledsanchez

@SmilingPig: yea i liked Ritch, Ryan and Brad were always my favorites and still are, i dont remember carrie, unless that was that really really ugly thing that im still not sure was a man or a woman

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27  Edited By Dalai

@soiledsanchez said:

@SmilingPig: yea i liked Ritch, Ryan and Brad were always my favorites and still are, i dont remember carrie, unless that was that really really ugly thing that im still not sure was a man or a woman

And I have our next RPG marathon. Kingdoms of Amular: Reckoning with Rich Gallup playing the part of Greg Kasavin.

Boom!

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By bybeach

@soiledsanchez said:

Nope. I can't even remember who you are referring to by that description.

soiledsanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By soiledsanchez

@bybeach said:

@soiledsanchez said:

yea never mind wasnt who i thought it was actually, its http://www.gamespot.com/users/Carrie/view_image?id=PYAOsB517hKc5hrj and frankly i do recall her and never liked her

i cant recall the name of the person i was thinking of either

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By bybeach

@soiledsanchez said:

@bybeach said:

@soiledsanchez said:

yea never mind wasnt who i thought it was actually, its http://www.gamespot.com/users/Carrie/view_image?id=PYAOsB517hKc5hrj and frankly i do recall her and never liked her

I could see Carrie being an acquired like/dislike. Unlike you I really took to her after a while, and enjoyed her live shows at E3 and such. High energy. Another person who did well with Kasivin.

soiledsanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By soiledsanchez

@bybeach said:

@soiledsanchez said:

@bybeach said:

@soiledsanchez said:

I could see Carrie being an acquired like/dislike. Unlike you I really took to her after a while, and enjoyed her live shows at E3 and such. High energy. Another person who did well with Kasivin.

i think it has to do with the fact that she both looks and sounds exactly like someone i know and very much dislike and i project that dislike towards her

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#32  Edited By Milkman

All I wanna know is when the hell the archive is going up.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Azteck
@FreakAche said:

How about every day?

I do not see why he wouldn't do this.
Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Karl_Boss

Nah.

BlinkyTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BlinkyTM

Why does it ask if I want to delete images if I can only delete my own!

Julmust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#37  Edited By Julmust

Would be cooler as a special occassion thing rather than a yearly thing. Though I would really like to see more of him on the site, but he has a family and a demanding job, so I think we might see him as often as he can already. Super cool and funny guy, could provide entertaining commentary by himself for 12 hours straight, perfect dude for Giant Bomb if he ever wants to become a reviewer again.

Moxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Moxy

i watched and enjoyed seeing greg playing whist waiting for the preload unlock on Steam at 12.01 in uk,, whist watching i remember thinking hes going to lose interest a little after x amount of hours. How wrong i was,, i unlocked at 12.05 midnght and played right through until 3.30 the next afternoon totally absorbed in the world. Then procceded to watch skyrim footage of others on youtube still hooked on the game.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By RazielCuts

No offence to Greg, followed him since the Gamespot days but I don't think the high consistency of viewers was because of Greg but rather the popularity of Skyrim. Destructoid would tease they would have Skyrim news and the views of their vids would double on youtube. I mean obviously if he was boring people wouldn't stick around but I think people mainly came for Skyrim and then stayed for Greg.

Baal_Sagoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#40  Edited By Baal_Sagoth

I don't know about the appropriate time frame or how realistic it is for him to do awesome stuff like this more regularly but I'd surely love to see more of it. I miss Greg's insight into the world of gaming since he has always been one of the best in the field. That being said, a new career focus is perfectly fine and understandable too - we'll see I guess.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#41  Edited By Cirdain

@Azteck said:

@FreakAche said:

How about every day?

I do not see why he wouldn't do this.
nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By nightriff

@RazielCuts said:

No offence to Greg, followed him since the Gamespot days but I don't think the high consistency of viewers was because of Greg but rather the popularity of Skyrim. Destructoid would tease they would have Skyrim news and the views of their vids would double on youtube. I mean obviously if he was boring people wouldn't stick around but I think people mainly came for Skyrim and then stayed for Greg.

Good Point, that thought didn't even cross my mind, thought everyone tuned in for Greg but staying for Greg would make more sense