GTA memories

narley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By narley

Ok. I havent finished GTA 4  yet. Every time I start playing I get sidetracked.  
I end up runing over people because they talk funny, or for any reason really. I just enjoy doing so. 

It got me thinking about how awesome a remake of San Andreas on this engine would be, and that led me to another train of thought. About all the times I cruised around the desert in Las venturas, just fliping cars over and listening to the radio stations, Or when I used to play GTA 3 and I always drove my car like a crazy person, jumping every ramp I could, every time it started raining, all while listening to the techno station (even though Im not into techno music). 

Lots of people arent into GTA games, but if you are, What is it that you used to do to pass the time in those games. I still have San Andreas and Vice City for the PC, and GTA 4 on the PS3. I like spending time in those games runing around, exploring, and having fun. If you have any sugestions on what else to do in those games (Thats not the online mod for San Andreas, I didint liked it), let me know. I still play them from time to time.

Thanks

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By eroticfishcake

I just cruise around SA listening to country music. I've got all the pleasure of a good drive without leaving my couch. Been a while since I've done that, might go back in a minute...

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By beargirl1

i liked exploring and stuff. i loved taking the huge planes and just ramming them into traffic in San Andreas XD 
in GTA 4, the multiplayer stole the show for me so i never got around to actually finishing the story mode.. 

Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TheMustacheHero

I play the game like it's supposed to be played, I don't get enjoyment out of killing Civilians...I didn't really like San Andreas, why does everyone say it's so good?

Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Brunchies

In san Andreas, it was the Gang wars and highjacking the private jets, San Andreas was awesome.  In GTA 3 I just drove like a maniac and it was really fun then Vice city came and I played that for a long time doing mini games and exploring.  GTA 4 was mainly just for the story mode, and jumping out of helicopters. I never play those anymore but ohh well.

Kr3lian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Kr3lian

Vice City is the best one.  No huge areas of nothingness, no going on diets, no annoying friends or girlfriends, tons of stuff to do, awesome story, great music, hilarious talk radio and commercials, great art design, great city design...that game was fuckin' awesome.

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Absurd

I'd play with my brother and a friend, and we'd take turns cruising around the town, killing cops and the like. We also used to jack planes and take them as high as possible and jump out.

Vitefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Vitefish

The cities in 3 and Vice City werent big enough and they didnt call for exploration. SA just brought me probably about 150 hours just exploring. I liked just taking a 20 minute drive across it. And, cheats are and always were, awesome. Flying cars, anyone?

P.S. My apostrophe key isnt working.

Avatar image for emandudeguyperson
Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Emandudeguyperson

I jump onto the back of cars and shoot shit while the car is zooming at 90 MPH.
BackupPanic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BackupPanic

Played SA for like an hour, but I just couldn't put up with the stiff controls and atrocious voice acting much longer.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By natetodamax

In San Andreas, turning on the cheat that causes all civilians to bear arms and start fighting each and see how long I could last. Jumping out of jets and parachuting down into the city. Flying taxis. Amongst a plethora of other entertaining events. That game rocked.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By iam3green

san andreas was the best one i think. i enjoyed jumping out of planes and putting out the parachute at the last minute.

narley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By narley
@TheMustacheHero: 

At first I kinda felt the same way about San Andreas. Everybody talked about it. But the graphics and style just didint seem that apealing to me, since I was playing through a bunch of other games with far better graphics. But when I played it on the PC, I just got hooked from the beginning because of the bike riding sequence. 
You have to give it some time. Afther your a couple of hours into the game, start turning on cheats and it will become way more fun than it has been up untill that moment. 
Its kinda like playing the First Metal Gear. It gets more fun afther you start getting into the story, and start getting new weapons, and start doing more complicated stuff. 
Give it a chance on a free night or weekend.   
Exploring the forest on a clear night, driving around the Highway or the desset in Las Venturas, while watching the sunset. Its really awesome. And its way bettter when you see all the stuff you can do.
narley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By narley
@BackupPanic: 

Its wierd, but that over the top voice acting is part of the reason I got into the story.  
Alot of people will disagree, but betwen GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas, I think San Andreas is the best one. The amount of stuff you can do in that game is amazing. Afther playing that game, and going back to one of the others, you can really see the small, but efective improvements they did to the gameplay.
LeadNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By LeadNinja

I was driving along that highway in not-New Jersey once and saw a very pretty pink sunset.  I got out of my car and climbed up on the barrier to look at it.  After a while I accidentally nudged the left thumbstick and fell to my death.

Avatar image for captaintightpants
CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Vice City, cruising around listening to some badass music and hilarious Radio Talk shows.  The story in Vice city was really the high point for me along with the setting. It was just outstanding

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By JoelTGM

going for 6 stars and surviving.  attempting to put the dodo plane into my garage and having it explode.

Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Druminator

there is so much to do in san anderas. sky diving and base jumping were awesome. i remember for a long time people, including myself, were searching the whole country looking for bigfoot and/or any sign of ufos or aliens. best gta ever really.

narley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By narley
@Druminator: 

You know, I heard somewhere about the UFOs as well. Never really bothered to chek if it was true or not online. I simply decided to look for them when ever I was in the forest. Kept shoting mu rocket launcher at anything that moved in the sky.
ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ninjakiller

Probably San Andreas just getting planes and flying around then jumping out over an airport to steal another plane while watching the other one crash.

kingclaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By kingclaw

IN San Andreas i  used to got into a plain and started to listen my favorite tracks while i   contemplated the horizont, so relaxing.....

and then i went to the  streets and killed people like a maniac

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By Seedofpower

I spawned a helicopter and jumped off the tallest building.

W0lfbl1tzers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By W0lfbl1tzers

Two, as I have often vocalized, is my favorite GTA of all time. The mission structure was the best to me. If you do a mission for one group, the favor of another group is lost.  The first Mercenaries reminded me of it and I loved the hell out of that game as well. In GTA 4 specifically I liked to go on a killing spree then drop a grenade where I was (usually on top of a car or in the back of a pick up truck.) and cause a massive explosion.

Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Druminator

also the two player mode was really fun back then.