Guesses on the next game for Endurance Run?

vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 41

#1  Edited By vigorousjammer

So, Persona 4 is now almost over in the endurance run... so, I'm hoping Jeff and Vinny do another endurance run for a new game...

if they do end up doing another endurance run... which game do you think they're gonna choose? or which game would you want them to play?

I'm gonna hope for Final Fantasy 4: The After Years... but I doubt that'll happen, lol

vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By vigorousjammer
@PeasForFees: oh, shit... there's really that much still left?! o_O
after watching part 130... I totally thought that was the end, lol

regardless, what game do you think the guys will choose once Persona 4 is over?
Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

None, at least for the next 3 months. People need to chill out for a bit.

joshy9411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By joshy9411

their gonna wait and do ff13.....duh....
vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By vigorousjammer

I kind of doubt Persona 3 FES being the next game they're gonna do...
I think they might want to get a little variety in there...

I also think for it to be successful, it'd have to be very story based, just like persona is.

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Drebin_893

1. No, the endurance run is not almost over. Not by a long shot. 
2. Why would Jeff and Vinny do another one? They've been harassed by users throughout this endurance run. They've seen the true nature of this community, and I'm sure they don't like what they see.

vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By vigorousjammer
@Drebin_893: oh cmon'... I don't think the community harassed them that much... at least not to the point where they're super annoyed and won't do another endurance run.
Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Drebin_893
@Vigorousjammer:  

I wouldn't be so sure, sir. It is plain in my eyes that Jeff and Vinny are quite sick of this. I personally thought they might play dumb and go for the bad ending, just so it would be over with. 
And even if it isn't much of the community, can you imagine how these guys feel? They started this so they could play through a game and entertain the community, this was definitely the case at first, but imagine if 0.001% of this community PM'd you every day with possible spoilers? That's alot of people, and that's alot of crap.
Canberra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#12  Edited By Canberra

@Drebin_893:
what do you mean the true nature, you'd think us a band of outlaws. i'd say it seems like they are enjoying the game and enjoy making a show of it, so they will in some form have another.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They also saw the nice part of the community, people who can have good time listening to them playing a weird awesome game for 80 hours (!). That's got to be worth something to them. You can't tell me that they aren't amazed by the number of fans, no matter how annoying they might be. I am not going to say that it's a part of my life, but it's certainly a part of my weekday afternoons.

The vast number of fans who like the ER simply enjoy it quietly. Why would they say something, they have nothing to complain about. It's the "Amazon.com" effect.

MatthewMeadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MatthewMeadows

My hopes: 

Persona 3 FES 
Star Wars Galaxies 
EVE Online 
The Witcher 
Oblivion 
Dragon Age

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#17  Edited By skrutop

I don't know about picking an MMO.  The Matrix Online vids were boring as hell, because there wasn't much story.

hexogen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By hexogen
@Drebin_893 said:
" @Vigorousjammer:   I wouldn't be so sure, sir. It is plain in my eyes that Jeff and Vinny are quite sick of this. I personally thought they might play dumb and go for the bad ending, just so it would be over with. And even if it isn't much of the community, can you imagine how these guys feel? They started this so they could play through a game and entertain the community, this was definitely the case at first, but imagine if 0.001% of this community PM'd you every day with possible spoilers? That's alot of people, and that's alot of crap. "
Oh, come on. Dealing with crap is practically part of their job. Jeff has received death threats about his reviews before. You really think he's going to let a few assholes stop the Endurance Run? There are certainly valid reasons not to do another ER, but a tiny fraction of the community being dicks is not one of them.
MatthewMeadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MatthewMeadows

My position on the endurance run argument is that they should have a month's break (at least) because as Jeff said in the Ep 50 behind the scenes vid, "this is a little pricey". I think that there are A LOT of the staff's hours spent on the ER (Vinny/Jeff having to play the game, Drew having to edit it) and since they started there haven't been as many crazy videos (such as the Too Human video and Video Thing) so I wouldn't mind them having a break from Endurance Runs.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By PureRok
@MatthewMeadows said:

" My hopes:  Persona 3 FES Star Wars Galaxies EVE Online The Witcher Oblivion Dragon Age "

Actually, the Witcher would be pretty interesting. There's quite a bit of story, there are choices to be made, semi-interesting action, interesting characters, interesting world, and... sex, lots of sex.
MatthewMeadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MatthewMeadows
@PureRok said:
" @MatthewMeadows said:

" My hopes:  Persona 3 FES Star Wars Galaxies EVE Online The Witcher Oblivion Dragon Age "

Actually, the Witcher would be pretty interesting. There's quite a bit of story, there are choices to be made, semi-interesting action, interesting characters, interesting world, and... sex, lots of sex. "
I'd especially like it because there is no way I'm gonna be able to finish that game, it's too complex for me.
Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Ineedaname

I'm still pretty set on it being something where they both interact beyond dialog trees. Persona has it built into it's combat with the finding the weakness, also there's a strong element in the fusing.

Pojomofo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Pojomofo

I think the obvious choice is Pac-man....

whatever it is, I hope that its a lot shorter than Persona, its a hefty commitment to watch something for 80+ episodes

30-40 episodes would be great IMO

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By penguindust

Persona 3 FES is even longer than P4, and I doubt they will immediately jump into another SMT game.  

Well, as I've said in the past and thanks to the Quick Look some people agree, I'd hope for a continuation of Incredible Crisis.

Other titles that might be fun and unique are Oddworld: Stranger, Yakuza (or Y2), The Witcher, Jade Empire and Rogue Galaxy.  These aren't new games, but may also be titles that average players passed up for stronger franchises.

samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#25  Edited By samcotts
@Drebin_893 said:
" 1. No, the endurance run is not almost over. Not by a long shot. 2. Why would Jeff and Vinny do another one? They've been harassed by users throughout this endurance run. They've seen the true nature of this community, and I'm sure they don't like what they see. "
I am pretty much 100% sure they'll be doing another one. It would be a big mistake not to. The Endurance Run is one of the most popular features of GiantBomb, and not doing a second one would be a silly business mistake. And you're being way OTT about the community, they haven't been bad at all. Sure a few members were being dicks, but the vast majority are supportive.
Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Jimbo

I'm guessing nothing until the next game drought.  They will be plenty busy enough with regular content until then.  If/when they do go back to it, I hope they choose something that doesn't take so long to finish and just do an hour or two a week.

Zaapp1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#27  Edited By Zaapp1

Keep it in the family. 
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner - Raidou Kuzunoha vs. The Soulless Army
Or maybe Devil Summoner 2, that's why they had that one Endurance Run episode.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By The_A_Drain

Am I the only person who thinks this was just a One Off and will not be repeated? Why is everyone assuming there's going to be another one right away, even if there's another you can bet your socks they are gonna take a break first. 

Edit: Also as other users have said, once november hits the entire crew will be super busy until the end of february with games to review and new games to play.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f
deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atomic_dumpling said:

" None, at least for the next 3 months. People need to chill out for a bit. "

Truth.

Also, this topics been done before.
FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#30  Edited By FluxWaveZ

This topic has been done a lot, but whatever.  Incredible Crisis.
nrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By nrain

I want an Incredible Crisis ER done by Ryan and Vinny that was so funny XD
Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#32  Edited By Fallen189
@The_A_Drain said:
" Am I the only person who thinks this was just a One Off and will not be repeated? Why is everyone assuming there's going to be another one right away, even if there's another you can bet your socks they are gonna take a break first.  Edit: Also as other users have said, once november hits the entire crew will be super busy until the end of february with games to review and new games to play. "
This.
FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@Fallen189 said:
" @The_A_Drain said:
" Am I the only person who thinks this was just a One Off and will not be repeated? Why is everyone assuming there's going to be another one right away, even if there's another you can bet your socks they are gonna take a break first.  Edit: Also as other users have said, once november hits the entire crew will be super busy until the end of february with games to review and new games to play. "
This. "

My guess is that the Endurance Run will be of much shorter games if they do this again.  And yeah, they'll definitely be taking a break from this when this is over, but I do think that this will happen again and Ryan was glad at the idea of doing an incredible Crisis ER.  I mean, Jeff and Vinny had started the Persona 4 ER because they couldn't find the time anywhere else to play the game, they wanted to do it for themselves.
vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By vigorousjammer
@PenguinDust said:

Other titles that might be fun and unique are Oddworld: Stranger, Yakuza (or Y2), The Witcher, Jade Empire and Rogue Galaxy.  These aren't new games, but may also be titles that average players passed up for stronger franchises. "

Haha, oh man... now that you mention Yakuza, that makes me think a Shenmue and Shenmue 2 endurance run might be pretty awesome (despite the bummer cliffhanger ending)
Honestly, I've been waiting for a Shenmue 3 for AGES now, and not only would the Shenmue games be great for listening to Jeff and Vinny's reactions, but if it can do the same thing it did for Persona 4, and get more people interested in the games who wouldn't have bothered with them before, then that'd be pretty awesome, and maybe help pursuade Sega to finally make that Shenmue 3 game!!!

Hey, while we're at it, let's have a Jet Set Radio endurance run... and a Skies of Arcadia endurance run... all of these sound like great ideas to me!
Maybe the endurance run can help some great dead franchises come back :-)

oh hey! let's have a Toobin' endurance run! Tell WB what we want out of that midway licence! lol :P
osmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#35  Edited By osmiles

This was on the April fools  list but watching two people play through all of desert bus in one sitting would be both amazing and terrifying.

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Pazy

Id love Dragon Age: Origins or The Witcher.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37  Edited By Milkman

I really doubt that they will do another. And if they do, it won't be for a while.

Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#38  Edited By Toxin066

Didn't Drew recently post a thread talking about prospective ER candidates?

edit:    http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion/30/drews-top-10-next-endurance-run-candidates/236812/#285

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#39  Edited By wefwefasdf

I really hope they do another one. I don't feel like trying to catch up on all the episodes but a whole new game would be great. :)

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40  Edited By Milkman
@Toxin066 said:
" Didn't Drew recently post a thread talking about prospective ER candidates?  edit:    http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion/30/drews-top-10-next-endurance-run-candidates/236812/#285 "
That was an April Fool's joke.
jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By jkz

The Witcher would be great, just finished my 2nd playthrough

Fbomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Fbomb

Well, they've flat out said, that this is one of their most popular features on the site, and one of the stickiest videos (people watch for the longest) they have. It was one of their aha moments, when they realized that video would be part of their niche in VG sites. 

My guess: possibly something crazy Japanese and obscure--and quite possibly from Atlus yet again, since that's what they're known for. Whatever it is, it may take them a while to find a game that fits the bill, but it really should be an older game that no one played, but they always wanted to. The PS2 probably has the best library for that, which is fine, since the videos aren't encoded in anything that resembles hi-res on this site (I'm not knocking it, just saying that it doesn't need to be bleeding edge visuals). I'd say, open up the PS2 back-catalogue and find a lost gem that's super quirky and random...

Food

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Food

I think Yakuza would be awesome.  That's a game that, like persona, I've always wanted to play but will probably never get around to.

Fbomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Fbomb

@Fallen189 said:

" @The_A_Drain said:

This. "
Read this, and tell me they won't do another endurance run:
http://www.whiskeymedia.com/the-attention-span-of-our-giant-bomb-video-audience
Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#46  Edited By Toxin066
@Milkman said:
" @Toxin066 said:
" Didn't Drew recently post a thread talking about prospective ER candidates?  edit:    http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion/30/drews-top-10-next-endurance-run-candidates/236812/#285 "
That was an April Fool's joke. "
OH dammit. I feel gullible. I saw the thread resurface a couple days ago. Didn't check the date at all.
tactis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#47  Edited By tactis
@Fbomb said:
" Well, they've flat out said, that this is one of their most popular features on the site, and one of the stickiest videos (people watch for the longest) they have. It was one of their aha moments, when they realized that video would be part of their niche in VG sites.   My guess: possibly something crazy Japanese and obscure--and quite possibly from Atlus yet again, since that's what they're known for. Whatever it is, it may take them a while to find a game that fits the bill, but it really should be an older game that no one played, but they always wanted to. The PS2 probably has the best library for that, which is fine, since the videos aren't encoded in anything that resembles hi-res on this site (I'm not knocking it, just saying that it doesn't need to be bleeding edge visuals). I'd say, open up the PS2 back-catalogue and find a lost gem that's super quirky and random... "
true hmm yeah initially i thought due to the man hours involved in making the endurance run i assumed they might stop but yeah they have said many people watch it so that would lead to the conclusion that they would do another one. 

As to what game they should  do I think they need to rule out MMO's although many people say Eve online I think it be really really boring watching them grind out and many MMO's have( Not out of ignorance i have played DAOC, WoW, Guild Wars) I think another JRPG maybe one of the Tales games which are pretty niche but still are seen as great games like Persona.
hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By hatking

Well I guess I'll be the first one to say it in this thread then.  I think they should do that one game.  What's it called?  Rape/Slay?