Has your fandom of something ever been tested?

• 71 results
AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By AngelN7

Hmm never? it would take a really bad game to make me hate a series , I can stand bad design decisions and sub-par gameplay as long as the developer is willing to recognize it's mistakes and improve the next time and If I genuinely enjoyed the game then I can i ignore some of the flaws, is never that absolute.

WMWA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By WMWA

Final fantasy and Resident Evil. I still will buy every entry regardless. But I've been increasingly disappointed with them. Re4 and ff9 are my favorites, I'd that even means anything

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Capum15

Not that I can remember. I just tend to like most things, so that helps.

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#54  Edited By galiant
@AcidBrandon18 I'm mostly just messing with you because your previous topic was so weird.
clstirens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By clstirens

My fandom of Star Wars was repeatedly tested to the point of no longer being a fan of the lore. I still enjoy the old movies, some of the older games that were fun (not all of them were), and I still like to play star wars games that are good. But I'm not "into" star wars anymore, really.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By RE_Player1

Like many others have said in this thread Star Wars. At least when we were getting the shitty prequels we were also getting things like KOTOR or the original Clone Wars series but now that brand is to the point where I can't view the original movies the same way.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WWE. At least twice for each show they have. But like a battered spouse I keep coming back. I'M SORRY I MAKE YOU HURT ME VINCE!

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#58  Edited By Justin258

The Full Metal Alchemist: Conqueror of Shamballa movie seemed to be trying its best, but as you can see from my avatar it never did. Brotherhood's first 12 or so episodes tested that even further but then things got much better.

As far as video games go, though, Metroid Prime 3 and Hunters. It's not that Prime 3 is a bad game, it just doesn't feel like Metroid. Sure, I understand that sometimes new things get added to a franchise, but I just personally didn't much like Prime 3. The Metroid series, to me, has always been about isolation and exploration on a single planet. Prime 3 gets one little part of that right, but then asks you to travel around three or four different planets. The presence of other people and some really weird story elements (what the hell is Dark Samus doing!?) don't help it much. The planets all feel very shallow and are obviously disconnected, unlike the areas of other Metroid games, and I can't help but feel like it was nudged too far in the linear FPS direction for me. I keep sitting down to play it and every time I play for an hour and then give up with no interest. It's got things I like in it, and I guess it could be called a Metroid game, but it doesn't nail it. In fact, it misses the nail and hits its thumb.

Hunters, on the other hand, misses the nail, hits its thumb, and falls onto the table saw and gets its hands chopped off. That game just plain sucks in every single way.

And then we have Other M, which I have not played but everything I have seen and heard about it makes me want to avoid it like the plague.

Still, none of these games remove Super Metroid and Metroid Prime from their lofty pedestals above nearly every other video game made.

For another example, and one I won't be so long-winded about, we have the Ratchet and Clank series. Like Metroid Prime 3, the latter entries in the series just don't seem right but for less clear reasons. I can't find myself enjoying any of the ones in the Tools series as much as I did Going Commando, UYA, Deadlocked, or even the original. We shan't mention the PSP games.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#59  Edited By BoG

@MideonNViscera said:

Yes, it's called Final Fantasy. I dunno who lost, me or them, but there's no fandom left.

It's funny, mine is still going strong. I'm bummed that they didn't announce XV at E3. I had a lot of issues with XIII and XIII-2, and don't like the MMORPGs. Then the recent spin-offs... theatrythm, really? I should be losing hope... but I'm not.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#60  Edited By Ben_H
@Seppli said:
  • BF3 reintroduced 64 players. This larger scale doesn't do anything for me (opposed to what I believed before its release). I think the sweetspot scalewise is 24-32 players. Enough to bring to life an exciting theater of war to life, small enough to allow singular players to be instrumental. I believe Battlefield is at its best, when produced and balanced with such a scale in mind, rather than building it around 64+ players.
If the maps are designed well, 64 players is great (See BF2. And no, not the Back to Karkand versions of some of the maps either, it isn't the same). However, most of the maps in BF3 are complete garbage that heavily favour certain playstyles (Campy stuff, explosive spammy stuff, or stealthy stuff, which as you pointed out is possible with every class) and this is not good with large numbers of players. Now to mention most of the 64 player maps on BF3 aren't actually much bigger than their 32 player variant, if different at all. 

And yes, I too had to question how much I liked Battlefield with BF3. I've played since 1942 and loved every version (Other than BC1, which I didn't play a ton of). I started to kinda question design decisions a bit with a few things in BC2 (Like how much AOE rockets did, if you played old Battlefield games you would notice they don't kill unless you actually hit the target, not around them like on BC2 where you could just aim in general vicinities and basically get a guaranteed killed). BF3 just made everything worse. The stupid flashlight/laser blinding was a dumb decision from the start. The weapons don't feel right and the spread is way off (In old BF game you could not hold down the trigger on automatic weapons or you would only really hit the target once or twice. Not so in BF3, you can get certain guns that are dead accurate in full auto and there is no real advantage to shooting them in burst. It takes away the skill required to shoot). My biggest issue is that the game simplifies way too many parts of the game and makes it incredibly simple to do well. There's no art to using certain weapons like there was in the old games, none of the guns or vehicles have character. Basically all the guns (specifically for the assault/medic) feel the same, and it feels like there is no downside to choosing one over another (For example, in BF2 choosing between the M16 and the L85 as medic is a big deal because they were so different.). Overall, I think BF3 just simplified the game far too much and lost what made the old Battlefield games great.
clstirens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By clstirens

@Ben_H: I disagree about the medic guns, specifically, not having character. The issue is that the M16 and m416 dominate the class. Every other weapon has its own nich, but because there are essentially 2 or 3 guns that are so good at being "jack of all trades" that they become 'Jack of the trade"

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#62  Edited By Hizang

I suppose Ratchet and Clank, there have been some amazing Ratchet and Clank games out there, but seeing as there have been so many there were bound to be some crappy ones. Size Matters was pretty bad but All for One was more than pretty bad almost being downright boring.

CooVee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#63  Edited By CooVee

My fandom of Bioware has been tested starting with Dragon Age 2 and then with this controversy over Mass Effect 3. I haven't given up on Bioware yet but I don't regard them as highly as I did before.

Panpipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#64  Edited By Panpipe

@BombcastGoldthwait said:

@Little_Socrates said:

My Assassin's Creed fandom was sincerely tested by Revelations. It will take a great game to make me truly love III.

My thoughts exactly.

Oh man. I absolutely loved AC:2 and AC:B, 100% the former but not the latter because of looooong multiplayer achievements.

Totally burnt out after about an hour of Revelations.

kogasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#65  Edited By kogasu

Silent Hill..... I stopped after 5 seeing but I still sort of follow what gets released but, after seeing Book of Memories for PSVita, I just can't look at it anymore.... I know it's just kind of a spin off but, really?!?!?

As for Resident Evil, I still love it. I can't help it you know. I know 5 wasn't that great but to me it wasn't completely horrible. I still love it.

Nentisys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#66  Edited By Nentisys

Mass Effect 3 has severely impacted my attitude towards the ME series and bioware as a whole (DA2 didn't help)

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#67  Edited By Humanity

Yes, Fallout 3. I loved Falluot 1 and 2 but I couldn't deal with the cardboard cutout characters and quests that Bethesda crafted for their version.

zidane_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#68  Edited By zidane_24

My fandom of Shadowrun is tested every time I find a new person that hated the most recent game.

frankfartmouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#69  Edited By frankfartmouth

Two words: Hayden Christensen

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Bell_End

im a big fan banana's.

really big. i love bananaman and the banana splits and all things banana related.

i was in the store the other day buying a bunch of banana's and i heard this little boy say he doesn't like banana's at all and said they were horrible. well i saw red, i launched into a rant about the benifits of banana's and how funny bananaman was and that if he took the time to get used to the taste of a banana he would perhaps enjoy them and even if he didn't he was out of order to just bad mouth them in public.

anyway this little boys mum told me a man of my age should not be shouting so loudly at a 5 year old and i should take my banana fanboyism outside.

i threw the banana at her and said that my opinion was just as valid as hers and she should just put up with my banana love.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Bell_End said:

im a big fan banana's.

really big. i love bananaman and the banana splits and all things banana related.

i was in the store the other day buying a bunch of banana's and i heard this little boy say he doesn't like banana's at all and said they were horrible. well i saw red, i launched into a rant about the benifits of banana's and how funny bananaman was and that if he took the time to get used to the taste of a banana he would perhaps enjoy them and even if he didn't he was out of order to just bad mouth them in public.

anyway this little boys mum told me a man of my age should not be shouting so loudly at a 5 year old and i should take my banana fanboyism outside.

i threw the banana at her and said that my opinion was just as valid as hers and she should just put up with my banana love.

Whenever I discuss banana love with children, people call the cops on me