Have Jeff and Vinny shared their opinions on P4?

Azurath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Azurath

Apparently Jeff and Vinny played some of P4 a few years back, did they ever share what they thought of it?

Was there ever a podcast after the ER were they spilled their thoughts on the game?

I can't tell if everyone is playing along, or if you guys really think I haven't watched the Persona 4 Stamina Rush.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Jeff thinks of Persona 4 as the best JRPG ever made or what he did play. And Vinny really liked it too. That is at least what I get out of some bombcasts.

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Jeff talked a bit about it in his GOTY 2012 video.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think with over 100+ videos of playing that game they shared their thoughts quite nicely...

You could try the Bombcast when Golden came out, they said some things then but yeah, I think they liked it.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Both Jeff and Vinny have said many times that "It's really good. It's so good" on different Bombcasts.
There hasn't been any sort of video or podcast made where they talk about it in depth though.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@azurath said:

Apparently Jeff and Vinny played some of P4 a few years back

How can you be so nonchalant about the best content ever produced in mankind's history.

Anyway, if you had watched it you would have a pretty good idea on their thoughts about it. They never did a bombcast solely to that purpose, but they have here and there mentioned it.

And yes, Jeff's GOTY 2012 video also sheds some light on the subject

Digiwth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Digiwth

Jeff did a write up about how he felt about the game shortly after the P4 Endurance Run ended. I am having no luck finding it, though.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The bombcast after the last er ep had so e talk about it.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember Jeff including it in a list of his favorite games ever. I don't remember where he said that, though.

casper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

many times. all over the 09 bombcasts

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Benny
@azurath said:

Apparently Jeff and Vinny played some of P4 a few years back

How can you be so nonchalant about the best content ever produced in mankind's history.

Anyway, if you had watched it you would have a pretty good idea on their thoughts about it. They never did a bombcast solely to that purpose, but they have here and there mentioned it.

And yes, Jeff's GOTY 2012 video also sheds some light on the subject

Word, it's weird to think people come to this site without even knowing it's home to one of the best video series on the internet!

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

P4 Golden was Jeff's 2012 number 1 GOTY, even though he never played it. He likes the original quite a lot.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By Video_Game_King

There hasn't been any sort of video or podcast made where they talk about it in depth though.

No, there was a series of videos where they tackled the subject. I think it was called "Resilience Dash"?

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeforgotten said:

No, there was a series of videos where they tackled the subject. I think it was called "Resilience Dash"?

Oh, you funny.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Bocam
Master_Funk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well they did name Persona 4 2009's 2008 GOTY pretty comfortably. And its gotta hold a special place in both their hearts because it was done in the early Giant bomb days, which must give them some nostalgia,

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jeff said on the last goty podcast that golden would have won goty 2012 if it weren't a previously released ps2 game, and if he had actually played the updated version (he said he couldn't, due to the fact that he sunk so many hours into the ps2 version). Note, he possibly was joking, but he did mention it (as number 0?) in his top 10 list, so maybe it was a somewhat serious joke. As for vinny, him and jeff did the endurance run for it, if I'm not mistaken, which is still up on the site for your viewing pleasure. My guess is that he has a similar fondness for it

Daneian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

#18  Edited By Daneian
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By zeforgotten

@zeforgotten said:

Now that you mention it, I do seem to recall that thing.
Such a bummer it didn't take off at all.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never played P4. Can somebody here recommand a good "Let's Play"-like video series?

spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering that Geoff, i think stated that he was also playing it at his home along side the Endurance Run.... i think.

The Endurance Run was also 99 hours 59 minutes long, if Geoff could stand sitting next to that..... But he was next to Vinny so

Also Drew sat through the entire thing. He must love it too.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering that Geoff, i think stated that he was also playing it at his home along side the Endurance Run.... i think.

The Endurance Run was also 99 hours 59 minutes long, if Geoff could stand sitting next to that..... But he was next to Vinny so

Who?

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By Aegon

@bigjeffrey said:

Who?

Geoff Gritzman.

Azurath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Azurath

@winternet: I thought I made it pretty clear that I was being sarcastic....

I have watched the entire ER, and every ER Best Of video. I'm more so just looking for a review from them.

ltsmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ltsmash

They really liked it.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Winternet

@azurath said:

I have watched the entire ER, and every ER Best Of video. I'm more so just looking for a review from them.

You didn't sound very sarcastic. If you watched the ER, you should have a pretty good idea of what their opinions are, so I can't see the purpose of the thread. Looking for a review? There's none here on Giant Bomb, which a very quick search would have let you know that. So yeah, if you were looking for sarcasm, I think you failed at that.

@greggd said:

@digiwth said:

Jeff did a write up about how he felt about the game shortly after the P4 Endurance Run ended. I am having no luck finding it, though.

You're right, looking here: http://www.giantbomb.com/shin-megami-tensei-persona-4/3030-21373/news/ does not yield that result, which is sad, because I'd love to find this piece you're referencing.

I think this is the only written piece about P4 from Jeff, but I'm not sure. I don't know if it's what you guys are looking for.

Azurath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azurath said:

You didn't sound very sarcastic. If you watched the ER, you should have a pretty good idea of what their opinions are, so I can't see the purpose of the thread. Looking for a review? There's none here on Giant Bomb, which a very quick search would have let you know that. So yeah, if you were looking for sarcasm, I think you failed at that.

@greggd said:

@digiwth said:

You're right, looking here: http://www.giantbomb.com/shin-megami-tensei-persona-4/3030-21373/news/ does not yield that result, which is sad, because I'd love to find this piece you're referencing.

I think this is the only written piece about P4 from Jeff, but I'm not sure. I don't know if it's what you guys are looking for.

You're sort of being a dick dude. You didn't catch onto some sarcasm, I don't get why that inclines you to shun me for posting a thread with a legitimate question. Whatever.

Anyway, It would be awesome if Jeff and Vinny did a spoilercast retrospect video where they talk about their feelings about the game now, compared to back while they were still playing it.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think they've said enough about their feelings on the game on the bombcast when Persona 4 Golden came out. Spoilercasts are usually good when they just came out of finishing a game and discussing it, I don't think it'll be quite as effective for Persona 4 since they played that years ago and I doubt they will remember much beyond Vinny casting Bufu.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@greggd said:

@digiwth said:

I'm fairly certain that's all Jeff has actually written about it. I don't remember a news article at all.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daneian said:

#37 Jeff's All Time Favorite's List.

Uniracers is not in the top 10? That list is invalid.

Hahah :) I believe the list is not ordered, though.

@azurath: Dude chill, I wasn't shunning your thread. I just wondered why you were posing a question to which you already knew the answer for or at least would be very easy to find that answer. Believe me, there are way more pointless threads out there.

inkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By inkerman

I have been on this site since 2009 and have never watched any Endurance Run.