Have video of yourself gaming from years ago?

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Diamond

I being my typical nostalgic self recently when I came to wondering if anyone else on Giant Bomb ever recorded or had themselves recorded playing games years ago.  These days with convenient auto-gameplay recording features as you see in Halo 3 or Uncharted 2, and video services like Youtube, it's not uncommon to see people recording their gameplay, but I rarely see really old stuff uploaded to Youtube.

Neither me nor my family ever had a camcorder until very recent years, but I did hook my consoles & PC to a VHS and record some tapes of me playing old games, as well as making audio cassettes.  I was thinking of preserving some of my old Quakeworld playing from 1997 onto a DVD which would also allow me to upload chunks to Youtube if I so wished, and I wondered if anyone would be interested in seeing it?

I was also wondering if anyone else taped gameplay like this back years ago, or had themselves cam corded playing games a long while ago too.  Not that I want to spy on private happenings, but the nostalgia of seeing people playing games 10, 15, 20 years ago or more is always enjoyable to me.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By eroticfishcake

Yeah I would like to see those videos of yours. Watching Quake is always fun. Despite my father owning a plethorea of recording equipment, I never recorded myself playing videogames since I never had anyone else to show them to. I've know a lot of people now who watches these type of videos but I never bothered since I doubt anyone would find interest in me sucking at videogames.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By breadfan

When I was a kid my brother and I recorded us playing Goldeneye on a VHS tape, pretty sure that got lost somewhere so I wouldn't be able to put it online.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

On one of the old family VHS tapes is a recording of me and my sister playing California Games on the Atari. That's so amusing to look back on. I was a good looking kid... WHAT HAPPENED DAMMIT?! WHAT HAPPENED?!

FrancisDEsq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By FrancisDEsq

I had a habit of sending in "screenshots" (here meaning a crappy photograph of a tv screen) of my high scores to Electronic Gaming Monthly way back in the day. I think I still have a picture of one, Wizards and Warriors,  I think it was, where  I was standing next to the tv with a stupid, proud grin on my face, and my eyes all twinkly-like. Quite retarded, but a fun period of my life, for sure. I'll have to see if I can dig it up. It would make a good emblem. 

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By dbz1995

I think I still have an old video shooting of me when I was 9 or 10 (or 11) playing Mortal Kombat Deception with my best bud bud.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dbz1995 said:
" I think I still have an old video shooting of me when I was 9 or 10 (or 11) playing Mortal Kombat Deception with my best bud bud. "

Good to hear you survived the shooting, man.
dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By dbz1995
@Khann said:

" @dbz1995 said:

" I think I still have an old video shooting of me when I was 9 or 10 (or 11) playing Mortal Kombat Deception with my best bud bud. "
 Good to hear you survived the shooting, man. "
Goddamn, that joke is so bad its lolarious. Its loltastic!

You are such a loler.
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

When I was 12/13 I did take a video tape of me playing some Luigi's Mansion. It may have been taped over though and even if it's still around there's no way I'll ever be able to find it in the mess of tapes at my family's house.

Kiemoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Kiemoe
@Khann said:
" @dbz1995 said:
 Good to hear you survived the shooting, man. "
@Khann said:
" On one of the old family VHS tapes is a recording of me and my sister playing California Games on the Atari. That's so amusing to look back on. I was a good looking kid... WHAT HAPPENED DAMMIT?! WHAT HAPPENED?! "
This dude's on a roll!