Have you been suckered into pre-ordering a game you wouldn't have gotten at release by a first print LE edition deal or exclusive pre-order bonus yet?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Seppli

So - it finally happend. I got suckered into pre-ordering a game I wouldn't have gotten right at release, because of a 'Limited Ediiton' EA-style first print deal. The Dark Souls first print Limited Edition is bloody sweet - sporting a game guide and a hardcover artbook and the OST on CD and god knows what else... AT NO ADDITIONAL COST!

The fucked up part of the story is, I already have RAGE pre-ordered, which releases at the same day. Also - the BF3 Beta will still be going on for over a week when these games come out. I likely will have bearly time to enjoy one of the two games to the fullest before BF 3 releases in earnest. I won't be playing anything else than BF3 for months. The only smart move left is to keep one untouched and shrinkwrapped on the shelf, until there's another opening. Dark Souls is too big and meaty to hurry. I cannot see me taking as much time for it as it deserves. Too many brilliant games on the horizon.

What does a first print LE edition have to put out for you to get a game at release and at full price, which you otherwise wouldn't have? Have you already been suckered into it? By which game and what first print LE deal?

All this at no extra cost? Dammit - I cannot resist.
All this at no extra cost? Dammit - I cannot resist.
Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Grissefar

Dark Souls, of course, but the only thing that sucks a big and I mean a huge dick, is that the guidebook is not physical, which they do not tell you which they don't tell you unless you dig deep into the Dark Souls forums.

But no matter what, I will play that game to death, literally.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By EuanDewar

You need to work on your titles.

And also your tittles.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@Seppli: Unless you live in the UK, you might want to do some more research concerning what actually comes in the North American version of the Dark Sous LE. 

And no.
Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Seppli

Batman Arkham City comes with a preorder exclusive 4-hours long stand-alone Joker mission? God dammit. They are really starting to tug on my balls with this stuff. I'm borderline buying into this shit right now.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Seppli

@Grissefar said:

Dark Souls, of course, but the only thing that sucks a big and I mean a huge dick, is that the guidebook is not physical, which they do not tell you which they don't tell you unless you dig deep into the Dark Souls forums.

But no matter what, I will play that game to death, literally.

@FluxWaveZ said:

@Seppli: Unless you live in the UK, you might want to do some more research concerning what actually comes in the North American version of the Dark Sous LE. And no.

Eurpean LE. Assuming the game guide is physical, since it's on the picture.

P.S. Just saw the fineprint... dammit.

P.P.S. Love my retailer. I can cancel pre-orders no problem. Right in the system. No hassle involved. I'll get Dark Souls when the time is ripe. Don't give two flying fucks about all the bonus stuff. *coming to senses*

supaman900s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By supaman900s
 I was suckered into buying this
 I was suckered into buying this "edition" of the game, which I have yet to put more than 5 hours into.
citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#10  Edited By citizenkane

No. I only pre-order games I would have gotten on release day or that week anyways.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Turambar
@CitizenKane said:

No. I only pre-order games I would have gotten on release day or that week anyways.

StickyW3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By StickyW3b

Yeah basically any game I preorder is 100% because I want the items or (early) content. Rarely do I really need or want a game on day 1, this has become even more true since I graduated high school and have been working full time.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By NegativeCero

Yeah, Dragon Age 2's "Signature Edition", which I was excited for, but since I never buy on launch, the game turning out to be not that great didn't help.

Gildermershina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By Gildermershina

I've only got a handful of special edition packages, and fortunately they've all been for pretty great games that I wanted anyway, as far as I can remember. In my parent's house, I've still got a poster up, and some dogtags hanging on the wall from the fancy Metal Gear Solid pack. Also, a t-shirt that I occasionally wear when I'm staying over, and the original game soundtrack on CD - which I am now listening to. Oh the nostalgia.

ShadowofIntent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ShadowofIntent

Have never pre-ordered, nor will i ever

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By crusader8463

Nope. I only ever preorder because:

• I know I plan to buy the game anyway.
  • I have the money now, but if I wait for it to come out I may spend it and then be stuck without enough to buy it.
  • So I can pre-load the game and be ready to  play it when it comes out.
  • Steam might run out of copies to sell me after the game comes out!
shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By shadows_kill

Fallout 3 lunchbox edition was to tempting.....

DEMONOLOGY_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By DEMONOLOGY_24

that harlequin character was to good to pass up and then I see the other pre order character unlocked after downloading a patch. I was so pissed
amomjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By amomjc

I only pre-order a game in case I don't think I can hold onto that money until it's release. Example is BF3 and MW3. My baby just arrived and when I pre-ordered them a couple of weeks ago I did so because I knew I wouldn't haven money post-birth for a couple of months. Free Dead Space 2 and CoD4 helped too.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By RE_Player1

I'm getting suckered into buying Battlefield 3 for the Limited PS3 edition which includes that map pack and Battlefield 1943.