ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ververdan0226

Link:  http://www.bitmob.com/index.php/mobfeed/Big-Hints-at-EGMs-Future.html

What do you guys think about what he said? Good? Bad? Do you think the magazine will be any good? Is this smart approach to take? Do you think this kind of defeats the point of print or is this is a smart choice, embracing the current reality that print is dying?

Also, who do you think will work on it? Will it be some old EGMers, some old EGMers mixed in with some new faces or predominantly new faces (probably the latter)? Will you be getting a subscription no matter what or are you just gonna wait and see?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike

This is like putting a corpse on life support.

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By carlthenimrod

What made EGM was the people behind it, and those people are mostly gone at this point. Can't say I'm interested.

ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ververdan0226
@MB said:
" This is like putting a corpse on life support. "
Sadly it is, but I'm gonna still subscribe and hope for the best.  :(
ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ververdan0226
@carlthenimrod said:
" What made EGM was the people behind it, and those people are mostly gone at this point. Can't say I'm interested. "
At one point, the people who  you like that were behind it were nothing, so if you get new people, they could easily become extremely popular minor-Internet celebrities like all your favorites. Look at me, remaining the optimist...
pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By pweidman

I say give the new owner @ EGM credit for trying to innovate and overcome the limitations of print media.  We'll have to wait and see, but cost/pricing would be a key concern for most consumers I'd guess.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Hamz

Seems like a daft move in my book. EGM went out of business due to a lack of interest / support / money to keep it afloat in the first place. Mainly because print media is slowly on the way out and because we're in some tough economic times. Can't help but feel they are relying more on former EGM fans to support them, but clearly there couldn't have been enough to support the magazine in the first place or it wouldn't have collapsed and closed down, right?

Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Illmatic

Seeing as he's met with old members of EGM to help with the new magazine you can bet I'll be subscribing to it. There's nothing like just reading a magazine. I haven't read a decnet article in a long time in my hobby since reading words on a computer screen never really appealed to me.

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9  Edited By carlthenimrod
@ververdan0226 said:
" @carlthenimrod said:
" What made EGM was the people behind it, and those people are mostly gone at this point. Can't say I'm interested. "
At one point, the people who  you like that were behind it were nothing, so if you get new people, they could easily become extremely popular minor-Internet celebrities like all your favorites. Look at me, remaining the optimist... "
That is true, it could turn out awesome for all I know. At this point though I have my doubts.
choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By choffy21

Everyone should have their doubts about the new EGM. It shut down for a reason and whether that be lack of support or just print as the dying media it is, the fact remains it stopped publication.

That being said, up until it's very last issue, EGM was the best gaming magazine available. I subscribed in 2004 and read every issue cover to cover and I plan on doing the same with the new EGM.
EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By EpicSteve

I only subscribe to OXM, and even that is a mere toilet read. Who'll even e working for the magazine now?