Hizang's 2011 Awards (Not my 2011 GOTY Year Awards)

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

Edited By Hizang

2011 was a good year for video games, I know people have said that 2011 was a year of games that have gotten old and run out of ideas, but I could not disagree more. 2011 is the year of video games that have perfected the genre that they inhabit, I could not be more happy with the result. For those of you wondering this is not my Game of the Year awards, they are already up on the site and you can find them here. My 2011 Awards is not just limited to games released this year either, so older game have a chance. I would like to take this chance to wish you a Happy New Year, and I hope your still with me for he 2012 awards, enjoy!

SPOILERS AHEAD!

Most anticipated game of 2011 - This award goes to the game that I was most looking forward to playing this year, whether the game turned out to be good or not does not matter.

The nominees are!

1. Pokemon Black/White.
  2. Mortal Kombat.
  3. Portal 2.
  4. Uncharted 3: Drakes Deception.
  5. The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim.

And the winner is...The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim!

I loved Oblivion, Oblivion still remains to be the game I have sunk the most time into. I remember that it was the game that took over one of my summers when I was still at college. So as you can imagine I was super excited about Skyrim, I managed to avoid looking at all of the spoilery stuff that was coming out around the time the game came out, so went in on day one pretty much fresh. Happily Skyrim managed to live up to my expectations as I knew it would, and remains one of the best games of 2011.

Most played game of 2011 - This award goes to the game I spent the most time with this year.

The nominees are!

1. Burnout Paradise.
  2. The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim.
  3. Call of Duty: Black Ops.
  4. Saints Row The Third.
  5. Banjo-Kazooie.

Skyrim picks up another award it seems, yes it is the game I have spent the most time with in 2011, no surprise there! 2011 has been a big year for me about completing games, in past years I have stuck to a few games such as Oblivion and Black Ops and just played those all year. But this year my time was more spread out, making my 50+ hours spent in Skyrim the most played game of 2011.

Biggest Surprise of 2011 -This award goes to the game that I either thought I wouldn't enjoy or game I wasn't expecting much from.

The nominees are!

1. Peggle.
  2. Burnout Paradise.
  3. Wii Play Motion.
  4. Saints Row The Third.
  5. Portal 2.

And the winner is...Burnout Paradise!

Burnout was the game I got with my PS2, it came bundled in with it and for a week or so it was all I had, I did not enjoy Burnout. I found it really hard and I was not a fan of racing games back then, it really put me off the PS2. I did not touch a Burnout game ever since, until this summer. Playstation + had Burnout Paradise free for a month, I wasn't going to get it, but with the lack of games at that time I was like fuck it. I went in expecting me to turn it off after 5 minutes, it stayed on and played it for the rest of the summer. That game, man that game is something isn't it? I think it is one of the best racing games I have ever played, its so fast and crazy yet you do have a good amount of control. The crazy part was that I never really did advance to much progressively, I spent most of my time just driving around really fast. It was so good in fact I went out and picked up a boxed copy that came with all of the DLC, it is that good!

Best OH MY GOD DID THAT JUST HAPPEN! moment of 2011 - This award goes to a part of a game/console that had a moment that left me speechless/had me on the edge of my seat.

The nominees are...

1. Dead Space 2 - Eye Operation.
  2. The Nintendo 3DS - The 3D.
  3. Professor Layton and the Lost Future - Layton cries.
  4. Call of Duty MW3 - Soaps Death.
  5. Saints Row The Third - Plane Jump with Kayne West's Power.

And the winner is...The Nintendo 3DS's 3D!

The 3DS may not be a lot of things, sure there was no games until November despite it launching in April(?), sure its battery life sucks and the eShop is not really anything. But the first time I had it in my hands and experienced the 3D, I was LITERALLY speechless. I remember creating my Mii, and looking around the space that my Mii stood in, and laughing to myself. I was blown away by it being able to do this much without glasses, to bad that was the best thing about it at launch.

Biggest Bummer of 2011 -This goes to the game/console/news story that just bummed me out.

And the nominees are...

1. MGS HD Collection Delay.
  2. Rage texture issues on PS3.
  3. Skyrim on PS3.
  4. Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One.
  5. The 3DS's Price Cut.

And the loser is...MGS HD Collection Delay!

The Metal Gear Solid franchise was at one point my favourite video game franchise of all time. I loved all of the MGS games to bits, MGS1, MGS2, MGS3, MGS4, MGSPO and even MGS Ac!d, so I was mega excited when they announced a HD Collection. I was thrilled when there was MGS Peace Walker on the list to because its the only MGS game I have never played, so I really was looking forward to playing that. But then for apparently no reason they delayed the European version until 2012 February, when the game came out everywhere else in November. Now I may not be a games person, but I really see no reason why this happend. I know I could import it but still that really bummed me out!

Shout Outs!

Well I hope you enjoyed my awards, see you next year!

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Hizang

2011 was a good year for video games, I know people have said that 2011 was a year of games that have gotten old and run out of ideas, but I could not disagree more. 2011 is the year of video games that have perfected the genre that they inhabit, I could not be more happy with the result. For those of you wondering this is not my Game of the Year awards, they are already up on the site and you can find them here. My 2011 Awards is not just limited to games released this year either, so older game have a chance. I would like to take this chance to wish you a Happy New Year, and I hope your still with me for he 2012 awards, enjoy!

SPOILERS AHEAD!

Most anticipated game of 2011 - This award goes to the game that I was most looking forward to playing this year, whether the game turned out to be good or not does not matter.

The nominees are!

1. Pokemon Black/White.
  2. Mortal Kombat.
  3. Portal 2.
  4. Uncharted 3: Drakes Deception.
  5. The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim.

I loved Oblivion, Oblivion still remains to be the game I have sunk the most time into. I remember that it was the game that took over one of my summers when I was still at college. So as you can imagine I was super excited about Skyrim, I managed to avoid looking at all of the spoilery stuff that was coming out around the time the game came out, so went in on day one pretty much fresh. Happily Skyrim managed to live up to my expectations as I knew it would, and remains one of the best games of 2011.

Most played game of 2011 - This award goes to the game I spent the most time with this year.

The nominees are!

1. Burnout Paradise.
  2. The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim.
  3. Call of Duty: Black Ops.
  4. Saints Row The Third.
  5. Banjo-Kazooie.

Skyrim picks up another award it seems, yes it is the game I have spent the most time with in 2011, no surprise there! 2011 has been a big year for me about completing games, in past years I have stuck to a few games such as Oblivion and Black Ops and just played those all year. But this year my time was more spread out, making my 50+ hours spent in Skyrim the most played game of 2011.

Biggest Surprise of 2011 -This award goes to the game that I either thought I wouldn't enjoy or game I wasn't expecting much from.

The nominees are!

1. Peggle.
  2. Burnout Paradise.
  3. Wii Play Motion.
  4. Saints Row The Third.
  5. Portal 2.

And the winner is...Burnout Paradise!

Burnout was the game I got with my PS2, it came bundled in with it and for a week or so it was all I had, I did not enjoy Burnout. I found it really hard and I was not a fan of racing games back then, it really put me off the PS2. I did not touch a Burnout game ever since, until this summer. Playstation + had Burnout Paradise free for a month, I wasn't going to get it, but with the lack of games at that time I was like fuck it. I went in expecting me to turn it off after 5 minutes, it stayed on and played it for the rest of the summer. That game, man that game is something isn't it? I think it is one of the best racing games I have ever played, its so fast and crazy yet you do have a good amount of control. The crazy part was that I never really did advance to much progressively, I spent most of my time just driving around really fast. It was so good in fact I went out and picked up a boxed copy that came with all of the DLC, it is that good!

Best OH MY GOD DID THAT JUST HAPPEN! moment of 2011 - This award goes to a part of a game/console that had a moment that left me speechless/had me on the edge of my seat.

The nominees are...

1. Dead Space 2 - Eye Operation.
  2. The Nintendo 3DS - The 3D.
  3. Professor Layton and the Lost Future - Layton cries.
  4. Call of Duty MW3 - Soaps Death.
  5. Saints Row The Third - Plane Jump with Kayne West's Power.

And the winner is...The Nintendo 3DS's 3D!

The 3DS may not be a lot of things, sure there was no games until November despite it launching in April(?), sure its battery life sucks and the eShop is not really anything. But the first time I had it in my hands and experienced the 3D, I was LITERALLY speechless. I remember creating my Mii, and looking around the space that my Mii stood in, and laughing to myself. I was blown away by it being able to do this much without glasses, to bad that was the best thing about it at launch.

Biggest Bummer of 2011 -This goes to the game/console/news story that just bummed me out.

And the nominees are...

1. MGS HD Collection Delay.
  2. Rage texture issues on PS3.
  3. Skyrim on PS3.
  4. Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One.
  5. The 3DS's Price Cut.

And the loser is...MGS HD Collection Delay!

The Metal Gear Solid franchise was at one point my favourite video game franchise of all time. I loved all of the MGS games to bits, MGS1, MGS2, MGS3, MGS4, MGSPO and even MGS Ac!d, so I was mega excited when they announced a HD Collection. I was thrilled when there was MGS Peace Walker on the list to because its the only MGS game I have never played, so I really was looking forward to playing that. But then for apparently no reason they delayed the European version until 2012 February, when the game came out everywhere else in November. Now I may not be a games person, but I really see no reason why this happend. I know I could import it but still that really bummed me out!

Shout Outs!

Well I hope you enjoyed my awards, see you next year!

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By GunstarRed

That moment where the test words stretch out into 3D in the palm of your hand. It was a real "Holy shit this totally works!" moment. It wasn't until later in the evening when I tried out the AR cards that I felt like my mind had been completely blown with the dragon coming out of my kitchen table. I have no idea why I was so amazed by something so simple, but it made me feel like the first time I ever played Super Mario or something.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hizang
@GunstarRed Oh yea, forgot about those.
Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Dany

Ah, love Burnout Paradise, just a fun game.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hizang

@Dany: It is, the online was surprisingly active too, I assumed it would be empty.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Dany

@Hizang: Yep, picked it up awhile ago and people still racing and doing challanges

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Vonocourt

I also wound up playing Arkham Asylum this year, shame I'm probably not going to get around to City for at least a year. Gotta keep it fresh.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hizang

I just bought Skylanders, man if only i would have got that before this list, the OMGDTJH category would be flipped!