Horrible people and horrible experiences in chatrooms...

kuma17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By kuma17

I sometimes go on chatrooms (on ICQ) and hang out there when i'm bored but now i can't because of this stupid bloody clone who has decided to take over my old nick. This clone takes over other peoples nicknames by changing them slightly and says really horrible, racist stuff like  "I hate Asians" and "Bomb China" and is just generally mean to people on chatrooms.  The ops/mods don't kick them somehow, which makes it even more frustrating. 

I wouldn't have cared if they had done the same thing to me, changing my nick slightly, but because it was my old nick that means people who knew me by that are going to be confused and start to think that i'm really this horrible person. I could've ignored it if it was just a changing of my nick but my old nick? That just makes things so much more confusing and problematic. I really don't care about insults over the internet but a lot of people do and a lot of people are going to get offended by someone masquerading as me, some of them may be the friends i made in the chatrooms.  

I know going on chatrooms isn't the smartest thing to do, but it was fun, i did make some friends and met some nice people. It was something to do when i was bored and i really enjoyed it. Now that i've got the attention of this clone it has ruined everything, all because i was saying that they were a clone and telling other people to ignore them and their insults. 

I know this is one of dangers of chatrooms and there are always going to be horrible people, but before i could just ignore the bad ones. 

Anyway, i know this is probably going to get me some hits but i just had to write something about it because this has saddened me greatly, as it was something i really enjoyed. 

Charlie 

p.s. My nick in chatrooms isn't this username, because i hate this username and think it is stupid. I had chosen it because at the time i was less mature and it was the same one i used for other accounts that i had made when i was much younger. I wish i could change it but i can't so whatever. Also i may have repeated myself in this blog, if so i apologise :).

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By BraveToaster

Cool Story Bro???

mubblegum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By mubblegum

There are some real idiots out there who take joy in this stuff. It's frustrating on the internet as not much can be done and it's full of worthless people. I used to frequent a few yahoo chatrooms as a teen and we had people like that. Along with a few who enjoyed allegedly "hacking" people. It became impossible to talk to people. Maybe you could chat to these friends you've made via IM?

kuma17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By kuma17
@Axxol: ah yeah sure... let this be a lesson for people on chatrooms? whatever man it was just a rant of grief... :) 
kuma17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By kuma17
@mubblegum: i suppose so but we didn't really become very close, didn't have a chance to. close enough i would consider being able to chat to them through im anyway. and they live on opposite sides of the world so yeah chatting would be hard : ). but other than that i did enjoy it. and yeah i knew there were risks like this, but didn't think it would happen to me you know? or to the extent that i wouldn't be able to chat anymore. thanks though : ).
simian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By simian

In my youth I never bothered with public chatrooms unless I was just idling waiting for something (usually fansubs over XDCC) so even if someone was being a griefer I wouldn't have seen it or cared.

Ah those halycon days of IRC.

kuma17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By kuma17
@simian: as i said i wouldn't have cared either if it hadn't been so personal. something like this is worse than normal griefing i think. 
Canberra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Canberra

I met a Moon Nazi. 
And I'm pretty sure he was for real too.

kuma17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kuma17
@Lydian_Sel: yeah unfortunately... haha
Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By GunslingerPanda

tl;dr

Go outside.

HS21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By HS21

Chatting with strangers can be fun. In hindsight...I'm one of those assholes aren't I...oh me. 

Joshakazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Joshakazam
@HS21 said:
" Chatting with strangers can be fun. In hindsight...I'm one of those assholes aren't I...oh me.  "
Indeed you are.

You are an inspiration to assholes everywhere.
beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#13  Edited By beargirl1

chat rooms are OK. i usually prefer talking to one person at a time 

HS21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By HS21
@lilman1101 said:
" @HS21 said:
" Chatting with strangers can be fun. In hindsight...I'm one of those assholes aren't I...oh me.  "
Indeed you are.  You are an inspiration to assholes everywhere. "
That is the single nicest thing someone has ever said to me. Well, not counting the time Bateman and I high fived each other while London bridging this one hooker messed up on Cuban blow. But your thing was pretty awesome too.
Joshakazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Joshakazam
@HS21 said:
" @lilman1101 said:
" @HS21 said:
Indeed you are.  You are an inspiration to assholes everywhere. "
That is the single nicest thing someone has ever said to me. Well, not counting the time Bateman and I high fived each other while London bridging this one hooker messed up on Cuban blow. But your thing was pretty awesome too. "
I'd salut you but i'd probably end up punching you.
Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Wait...

People still use ICQ?

thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By thehexeditor

GREETINGS DUDER CHARLIE

HELLO

A STRANGE GAME.
THE ONLY WINNING MOVE IS
NOT TO CHAT.

HOW ABOUT A NICE GAME OF CHESS?

InTheEnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By InTheEnd

I'm the horrible person behind your strife. 

kuma17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By kuma17

Thanks for the wonderful words of comfort guys. Really it has inspired me to move on, not to kill myself because my only contact with outside world has been severed and to treat each day with a sense of wonder and the preciousness of life. I might even go outside my room. Truly, this has been a great breakthrough. 

My thanks go to each and every one of you.  

(NB: Because it is so hard to convey sarcasm through text, please understand that all of the above, behind, and beyond is totally sarcastic.) 

:D

FirePrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By FirePrince

I like to troll omegle.90% of the community is underaged horny boys.And everytime I tell them that I am a girl,they belive me.It's creepy.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#21  Edited By Jeust

you can always make another account. :P