• 56 results
MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By MikkaQ

The comparison gets made all the time because it was the first DLC to really cause a stink, right when the format had everything to prove. It represented everything cynical about DLC, short of having the content right on the disc. A poster child for suckage. 

themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By themangalist

The hate for this thread baffles me. Some replies here (especially from someone) just sound like idiots who think disagreeing someone's opinion is cool. I do agree it's not worth bringing up, but man.

How can you even hate on something you do not need to pay for? If you don't like your cheeseburger with fries, don't get a cheeseburger with fries. Maybe there are some people out there who likes buying all the dlc trains for railworks. Who knows? If they're giving you the option, you have the right to choose. Some developers charge you for skins, palette swaps, and more specific stuff, if you like it, buy it. If you don't, don't buy it.

Then people ask, why should i pay for something this minimal, when it should be integrated into the game itself? Now ask yourself, what does horse armor, a player home, a joker skin, even mean to you? It has nothing to do with the game you're experiencing.  I would understand if someone disliked the Broken Steel dlc for Fallout 3, but I do not understand what a cosmetic change would evoke such a strong emotion.

The whole whiny argument about, "the game's out, I can't pre-order, I was not 18 back then..." is the worst trolling I've ever seen. Nice work bro.

Shakezula84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By Shakezula84
@themangalist
The hate for this thread baffles me. Some replies here (especially from someone) just sound like idiots who think disagreeing someone's opinion is cool. I do agree it's not worth bringing up, but man.

How can you even hate on something you do not need to pay for? If you don't like your cheeseburger with fries, don't get a cheeseburger with fries. Maybe there are some people out there who likes buying all the dlc trains for railworks. Who knows? If they're giving you the option, you have the right to choose. Some developers charge you for skins, palette swaps, and more specific stuff, if you like it, buy it. If you don't, don't buy it.

Then people ask, why should i pay for something this minimal, when it should be integrated into the game itself? Now ask yourself, what does horse armor, a player home, a joker skin, even mean to you? It has nothing to do with the game you're experiencing.  I would understand if someone disliked the Broken Steel dlc for Fallout 3, but I do not understand what a cosmetic change would evoke such a strong emotion.

The whole whiny argument about, "the game's out, I can't pre-order, I was not 18 back then..." is the worst trolling I've ever seen. Nice work bro.
Whether I agree or not, this is probably the best reply to what I've said so far. Thank you.
Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By Djeffers03

lolhorsearmour.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#55  Edited By Dany

It is the first clear example of the birthing DLC market and how not do it, one piece of armor for your horse for 5 bucks. 

Im pretty sure for an april fools thing they raised the price of it to 10 bucks which is funny and good that they know they messed up early on.

Teaspoon83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#57  Edited By Teaspoon83

Quick check of the wiki, PC owners of the Deluxe version received the armor. 360 owners had to purchase it. To my knowledge, it was one of the first types of DLC and people were angry that somebody would charge money for no gameplay, just for looks.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#58  Edited By nintendoeats

Horse Armor is a lesson. Why do you want us to unlearn a lesson? A society that does not learn it's history...