how do i fix this?

Ninjakid7396

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Ninjakid7396

I recently went to a gaming store  ( can`t say which ) and bought a copy of x men origins Wolverine for the xbox 360 I would have wrote a review but the game dose not work. It keeps freezing and barely has a scratch on it i tried to return it but the store policy  got in the way. Should I get the game cleaned or should I remove its one scratch? I relly don`t feel like blowing 50 bucks on the same game.

fuzzyponken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By fuzzyponken

Either the DVD is broken... and you should return it to the store. If the store has some sort of policy against replacing media that was defective at purchase, you need to shop at a different store.  
Or... the xbox is broken and you need to contact Microsoft or whatever your warranty says.

NickNorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By NickNorman

How long ago did you buy the game, and why can't you say what store you went to? If they refuse to return a game that flat out doesn't work, something's wrong. Do other games work on your 360? Can you try the game on a different console?

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Take it back to the store and don't take no for an answer. You bought a defective product from them, it is their responsibility to replace it.

fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By fugie7
@Ninjakid7396: did you try another game? to see if it works? because it might be your 360 that is causing the problem.
jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6  Edited By jonnyboy

Here's what you do:

1) Rent a copy, or borrow a friends copy.
2) Install that copy to your hard drive.
3) Return the rental or borrowed copy with the warmest of thanks.
4) Insert your scratched copy, press play.
5) Laugh heartily as you gut fools from a distance with razor sharp claws.

In all seriousness (this goes out to anyone), scour ebay or second hand places for scratched disks, I recently got a scratched copy of GH3 for £5, and a couple of other for around the £3 mark. Always talk the seller down, they'll be happy to get what they can for it.

Ninjakid7396

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ninjakid7396
@fugie7: its not my 360 , my copy of gears of war 1 which has scratches and dirt on it works like the first day i got it a years ago.
MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8  Edited By MikkaQ

That's not a bad idea..  

Also you could just try to run it through a disk-doctor kinda thing. Blockbuster will buff the shit out of your discs for like 4 bucks, and once mine was so severely scratched (xbox tilted over), but they knew me, and they were nice about it, and ran the game through like 15 times, and told me to come back in an hour, and when I did, BAM! Perfectly working game, t'was a nice day. 

Or your could buy your own scratch removal stuff, but that's another 25 bucks. Or just buff it yourself, but that takes patience and if you don't know what you're doing, you can make things worse.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By jakob187
@MattyFTM said:
" Take it back to the store and don't take no for an answer. You bought a defective product from them, it is their responsibility to replace it. "
Matty's so cute when he's being so forceful.
Ninjakid7396

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ninjakid7396
@jonnyboy: would that really work?
jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11  Edited By jonnyboy
@Ninjakid7396 said:
" @jonnyboy: would that really work? "
Sure Dude, I got 5 or 6 games in my collection that I either bought scratched off ebay, or had given to me. Then I rented them off  the "LoveFilm" DVD/Game rental service, the discs arrived in the post, I installed the rental, sent it back, played my scratched copy. I never even needed to leave the house.

The only thing you have to check is that the 360 can recognise the disc when you put it in, that's all it needs to boot from the hard drive.