How Long do you go without playing games?

• 52 results
DoctorDanger99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DoctorDanger99

the last game i played any amount of was dragons dogma and that was a fluke. for some reason it just grabbed me and i played around 30 hours and then quit. before that it was weeks since id play anything. i wish i knew what the deal was. somtimes i go weeks or longer. i have a HUGE backlog of games. spanning multiple consoles yet i have no drive to play anything. i might pick up my vita for a few mins to play a bit of castlevania or somthing but not for long. other than picking up MGSHD COLLECTION and Lollipop Chainsaw later this week. im not sure if ill even be in the mood.

has this happend to anyone else? id like to polish off some of my collection i just dont have the urge. instead i prowl giant bomb.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

Not very.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By AngelN7

A week? at least 4 or 5 days.

DoctorDanger99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DoctorDanger99

@Video_Game_King:

well your the king. i expect nothing less! i mean i keep up to date with all things gaming related, just somtimes have to force myself to actually play somthing. i mean i just bought persona 3 for fucks sake and ive spent less than an hour on it!

SeanFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SeanFoster

I find in the spring and summer months games become more of a rainy day activity for me and if the weather's nice, I'll be out with friends and it'll be a week or two before I really sit down to dig into a game. For example, I've been working on the 10 or so hour Max Payne 3 single player campaign for about 2 weeks now.

jmfinamore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jmfinamore

A pretty long time, like 3-4 weeks sometimes. My school schedule just isn't conducive to playing games ever, so at most I'll play games like 30 minutes a week, if at all.

DoctorDanger99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DoctorDanger99

@HarlequinRiot:

lol,i wish i had that excuse. i usually have nothing else to do so i have no excuse not to be playing a game.

Meltac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Meltac

@SeanFoster said:

I find in the spring and summer months games become more of a rainy day activity for me and if the weather's nice, I'll be out with friends and it'll be a week or two before I really sit down to dig into a game. For example, I've been working on the 10 or so hour Max Payne 3 single player campaign for about 2 weeks now.

Yup, this pretty much sums up how it is for me too.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SexyToad

A week I think at the most.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I always squeeze in at least one or two hours of games everyday.
Be they a few quick battles in Pokemon, killing some dudes in Diablo or stabbing some dudes in Mount and Blade.

Can go without them though, but I if I have the choice I rather not!

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By crusader8463

With my current job it's been about 2 months since I played any real amount of any game. I get home at 2:30 am, and I'm so mentally exhausted from work that I can't muster the energy to play a game so I just watch a movie or an episode or two of some TV show until around 4:30. I then "sleep" until around 12:00pm, being woken up every hour or so because I live in a house full of rude, noisy and disrespectful fools, and I have to be off for work by 2:30pm. It takes me at least an hour to shake off the tiredness from the night before, and that doesn't leave me a lot of time to do anything but get ready for that day.

When a weekend does roll around I can never get motivated to start anything ether. I'm an RPG guy, and pretty much all of my backlog are long and deep RPG's. So the idea of starting into one knowing that I'm only going to get to play it for two days out of a week turns me off because I know I will have to re-learn the game every week or spend the entire weekend doing nothing but playing that game every waking moment.

I spend more time watching videos about games then I do playing them. Yesterday and today were my weekends this week, and so far I only got in about 15 min of TF2 and the rest of yesterday was spent watching Season 3 of Modern Family. Today is probably going to be buying a Pizza and watching a couple movies.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Karl_Boss

I can go weeks without playing games if need be, I'm like a Camel.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#13  Edited By pyromagnestir

For the last 3 years I've been on something of a roll. During that time, the longest span of time I've gone between playing games was less than 4 weeks. Before that there were times where I might go months playing nothing. I guess during these past 3 years things like discovering smaller XBLA style or Steam games, Wii Sports, a year and a half of having to watch my nephew after school and us playing games together, buying a gaming laptop, and a whole bunch of great titles released in those years have helped keep gaming at the forefront of my attention.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By GaspoweR

For around three years, I couldn't go on for more than 2 days to at most a week without being able to play somethingn on the console or a laptop. Now I could go on for a week or even at most a month or more without sitting down to actually play something. The last time I fired up a game was Mass Effect 3 and that was more than month ago.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By Grissefar

Less than a day. Once every few months I might have a dead period of a day or two if i get bored somehow.

Totori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Totori

I didn't play anything for the first 3 days of E3. That was the longest I've gone without playing something.

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By rapid

Depends on what time of the year it is, a lot of my games put in to the back burner unfortunately.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Ravenlight

A few hours sometimes. It's rough.

Avatar image for optimusprime223
optimusprime223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19  Edited By optimusprime223

depends on work and other things, normally about a week at most but I try to play at least an hour a day...

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By penguindust

Weeks to a couple of months. Honestly, I have never ever worried about it. I play when I want to play and don't when I don't. I have a backlog of games, sure but I'll get around to them a some point, probably. If not, then I guess it just wasn't meant to be. I try not to buy anything unless it's on sale so if it languishes, I don't feel I lost money on it. I'm not into competitive online, so that's not a factor. I can wait 6 months to a year to play a game. I don't worry about finishing games either, but I do try to play a considerable amount of a game so I get my money's worth. I'll come back to a game years later sometimes, so how far I get doesn't matter since chances are I'll have to restart anyway.

supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By supamon

I can go 3-5 days without any gaming when I'm really busy or longer if there's really no choice in it but I'll eventually give in and play something as a break/rest. Sure I'll have off days where I don't feel like playing anything but I can't see myself not playing games in a week.

Avatar image for phantomgardener
PhantomGardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By PhantomGardener

1-2 days most of the time.

bchampnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By bchampnd

I usually only make it a few days without playing even though I've been pretty busy with work lately. I can usually get in 30 minutes to an hour before bed.

I've also used video games as a workout tool for years. I fire up NCAA Football, FIFA or NHL and ride a stationary bike for around an hour (which amounts to one game of NCAA using quarter lengths of 6 or 7 minutes or 3 or 4 of FIFA or NHL). I know many gamers frown upon sports games but I enjoy them and, because they rarely require overly precise control and focus when playing against the CPU, I'm able to play them while riding. I've tried other games but trying to aim with the right stick doesn't work so well and I like to be actively doing something in the game at all times to keep my focus away from riding so games with lots of cutscenes or dialogue to sit through also get knocked out. So if it's been a while since I've played a game I'm probably putting on weight so need to do something about that.

TheUnsavedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheUnsavedHero

Depends. Due to my schedule now, I only get to play a lot on the weekends and only maybe an hour on weekdays.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#25  Edited By Hizang

There are games that I have bought, put in and played for 10 mins and say I'll come back to it later. Its been 8 years and I never went back to that copy of Blast Corps.

Neferon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Neferon

Depends. I tend to fill a lot of my free time with gaming.

Euphorio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Euphorio

At worst I go 3 or 4 days if I’m really entrenched in stuff…but I at least make time to play on my iPad or to crank out some grinding on Diablo.

I know that feeling you’re getting, for sure. There are times where I just don’t feel like picking up a controller and would rather just surf the web or watch a movie. It passes after a night’s sleep, though.

Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

#28  Edited By Danteveli

probably a month or two at best. Now with all the phones and stuff its probably impossible.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29  Edited By Deranged

Lately, a surprisingly long time due to constantly working.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By NTM

As long as I want I guess. I usually don't go long without playing though, maybe a few days, and then I'll play again. I love video games as a hobby, just as I love watching films. Playing a new Dead Space game is almost like me going to see Prometheus today. I don't go without games 'cause I'm thinking about giving up on them, I just do it 'cause I don't think sitting in my room playing video games each and every day is a way to make me happy, and sometimes I just can't think of anything to play, and want a new one, so I don't play anything for a few days until I can think of something to play, or another gives me a reason to. For instance, I just started playing Dead Space 2 and Crysis 2 again (although I hardly stopped doing that in the first place) because of what was shown at E3. Ironically, after (as I have checked) over three days of play time in the Crysis 2 campaign, I finally enjoy it. I guess I just found a way to enjoy it more. I still think a lot of the problems I had before are present, but they're bothering me less (other than the poor voice acting).

Portis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Portis

Usually a week at most. Sometimes I feel like playing video games, sometimes I don't. My regular schedule is playing a game every other day.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Justin258

It varies wildly.

eternitymemory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By eternitymemory

A couple of months, usually during autumn and winter.

upwarDBound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By upwarDBound

A few days sometimes a week. When I play games though I usually play long sessions of three or more hours. I can't feasibly do that everyday.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By iam3green

a couple of days. i have a very open schedule so i always have time.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#36  Edited By fisk0

When there's been a lot to do at work and way too little sleep, I tend to skip playing games for a couple of weeks. 2 weeks or more may not be that often, but 3-5 days of non-gaming happens fairly regularly.

Chroma_Auron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Chroma_Auron

I think I once went two months without playing video games during a semester of taking college classes. I was watching games streams, homework, and other stuff. Those are rare binge months though as most of the time I do play games almost daily even if it's an hour or two. It helps from being overwelmed by a back catalogue.

Avatar image for deactivated-6418ef3727cdd
deactivated-6418ef3727cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Weeks. Not because I'm busy, but because games have become extremely formulaic and unexciting for me. Notable exceptions are franchises I am already committed too. I play those to see what happens next.

Joeyoe31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Joeyoe31

Unless I'm playing a new game or revisiting an old game, I don't really play games that often. Maybe the occasional game of LoL or Dota 2 every few days or so. I really don't play many games as of lately. It's kind of a dead period right now too.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Ben_H

During summer I can play whenever if I'm not working but during school I will go a few weeks up to a month without playing anything depending on how busy I am.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By awesomeusername

Well I got my high school diploma in September so I couldn't start college January so when I got my PS3 on Christmas, it's just been non stop playing really. I've beaten probably about 10 games since then and there's still more. My friend has a couple games I want to play (for trophies really) so I'll be playing them next week. Then I'll be buying PS+ also because all those free games they're giving away. That's like 12-13 games I have to play now, some are small though because they're PSN(SEN) games so they won't take long to beat. It's been about a week though since I actually played a game because I currently beat all the games I have and I'm just waiting to get Spiderman from my friend. I could go a week max without playing though.

Thoraxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Thoraxe

I usually take a good 2-3 months break inbetween games. The games are better when you actually take a pause from them.

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Pazy

I go to bed sometimes, and then maybe I have to go out for something. Otherwise I really, really like gaming...

Nadafinga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#44  Edited By Nadafinga

Before I had kids = never more than a few days

After kids = weeks

Needless to say, the wife doesn't like it when I play Battlefield with an infant on my lap.....

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By zombie2011

Couple months, i found i don't really enjoy playing games. Some i do of course, but only a few so i've pretty much stopped playing most games, but i still enjoy reading about them and following the gaming community for some reason.

Thoraxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Thoraxe

@zombie2011:

I'm not your psychologist but perhaps you should seek help.

I don't like golf, I certainly wouldn't enjoy participating in the golf community.

ZombieSpace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ZombieSpace

3-4 months, maybe more.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By zombie2011

@Thoraxe said:

@zombie2011:

I'm not your psychologist but perhaps you should seek help.

I don't like golf, I certainly wouldn't enjoy participating in the golf community.

I didn't say i don't like Video Games. I said i don't enjoy most only a few, i only play like 3-4 games a year i'm also really busy and don't have time to play games.

johncallahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By johncallahan

Usually a day at most, as soon as I finish one game I'm jumping into another. Like today for example, I finished Ico and as soon as the credits finished I jumped into Vanquish. The only time I really take extended breaks is when I travel.... but even then I usually have my 3DS/Vita with me, though much less inclined to use them then.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#50  Edited By Slag

Used to be two days or so

more recently I had an 18 month-ish stretch without really gaming much, not sure I did once but not completely sure I didn't either. Whatever it was, it wasn't much.

Sometimes life demands sacrifice.