How many are planning of buying more than $1000 worth of games this year?

• 108 results
Elfen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Elfen
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By toowalrus

That's like, a game and a half a month... I can see myself doing that, sure.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By zeforgotten

..Yes?.. I think? 
Is that a Yes or No question? 

Anyways, I am! 365 days in total = lots and lots of games

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Not a chance, probably not even half of that. I'll buy the few big games I really care about on release, then wait for the rest to hit the Steam/Holiday sales.

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By phrosnite

No. The only full price game I'll buy is probably Tomb Raider... and I'll buy many older, cheap games that I've missed.

2014 on the other hand... :D

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By morningstar

In a way. I'll wait for most of them to get cheaper. So I'll buy more than a 1000 worth of games, but I'll only pay half.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By psylah

Yes, I have preordered the 1001 dollar version of Dark Souls 2.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By Hizang

Well I plan on buying a PS4, I bet there expensive.

Spuirrel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Spuirrel

New consoles will rack up a mighty bill.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Easily.

I probably spent a thousand dollars last year on SNES tapes alone. And then more than that on modern stuff. Spent 400+ on a WiiU that I've played three times.

Elfen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Elfen

Here is my tally so far this year: 1)Ni No Kuni Wizard Edition $108 2) Dead Space 3 $63 3) Dead Space 3 Dev Edition $100 4) Metal Gear Revengeance Collectors $149.99 + Tax 5) Tomb Raider collectors $99.99 + Tax 6) God of War Ascension Collectors $79.99 + tax 7) Gears of War Judgement $59.99 + Tax 8) Bioshock Infinite collectors $149.99 + Tax 9) Dead island riptide $49.99 + tax 10) Injustice Gods among us collectors $99.99 + tax 11) The last of Us $159.99 + tax Total so far: $852 not including pre-order deposites That is only up to May 2013.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By Justin258

@Elfen said:

Here is my tally so far this year: 1)Ni No Kuni Wizard Edition $108 2) Dead Space 3 $63 3) Dead Space 3 Dev Edition $100 4) Metal Gear Revengeance Collectors $149.99 + Tax 5) Tomb Raider collectors $99.99 + Tax 6) God of War Ascension Collectors $79.99 + tax 7) Gears of War Judgement $59.99 + Tax 8) Bioshock Infinite collectors $149.99 + Tax 9) Dead island riptide $49.99 + tax 10) Injustice Gods among us collectors $99.99 + tax 11) The last of Us $159.99 + tax Total so far: $852 not including pre-order deposites That is only up to May 2013.

Can I have your job?

Elfen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Elfen

It took me 15 years to get a good paying job. I also don't have kids, so I have plenty of disposable income for my hobbies.

Willtron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Willtron

@WinterSnowblind said:

Not a chance, probably not even half of that. I'll buy the few big games I really care about on release, then wait for the rest to hit the Steam/Holiday sales.

Basically, this.

There's not many games I want this year besides Ni No Kuni and probably DMC, and I'm waiting on them to be cheap. Maybe there's a few others I have a passing interest in, but not much I want first day of release. I can think of about maybe five games?

Unless new consoles are for certain out this year and I get both Microsoft's and Sony's (lolno), or one of the two and an assload of games, ain't happening.

Edit: And that many collector's editions, to me, is crazy-talk. To each their own, though.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By nintendoeats

If we are talking about me myself spending that money, then absolutely not. If we are talking me + gifts, maybe. It's hard to say.

I spend most of my money in 15 dollar incriments at Value Village.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By zeforgotten
@believer258 said:

@Elfen said:

Can I have your job?

Just go to google and search for "Job where I don't get paid with monopoly money" and you're good to go!
BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#17  Edited By BeachThunder

I'm not; I mainly buy stuff on PC, so paying $60+ for a game seems karayzee...

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

I plan on spending way less money on games this year than I have the past 3 or so years. I have plenty of money, but now that I'm back in school I need to be more selective and realistic about what I buy in terms of how much a month I'll spend and how much time I'll even have to play it. Thankfully there don't seem to be a ton of games I'm interested in this year, so that works out nicely for me. That said, I do still plan on buying one of the new consoles during the holidays.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By EpicSteve

Yes, especially if we get new consoles.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By NekuSakuraba

No. I will buy a few games i have been waiting for (South Park. GTA V, The Last of Us) but I want to try and focus on my backlog. I'll probably buy a few cheap steam games on top, but that's it.

squiDc00kiE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By squiDc00kiE

I already built a $2000 pc this year, does that count?

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#22  Edited By TobbRobb

There isnt much coming out for me. So no.

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Wacomole

Hey, you don't always PLAN to spend so much.

Just like I didn't plan on eating that tax collector, but I had this bottle of Chianti lying around and... well... mistakes were made.

SeanFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SeanFoster

If I end up getting a shiny new console that would put me over the $1000 threshold. We shall see!

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Christoffer

I mostly buy games with lowered prices on Steam. And on top of that, I always tend to finish a game before I buy the next. So, no, buying for over $1000 in one year would be mathematically improbable.

GeekDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By GeekDown

No, I'm gonna buy less games this year. I'm gonna stop buying games that I might not finish and only buy games that I know I want to play.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#27  Edited By BaneFireLord

One new console (estimated at $400) plus two games for that console ($120) plus GTAV and BioShock Infinite (another $120) comes out to $640. Add in a few Steam sales and I'll probably end up spending a total of $700 this year on my hobby.

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Mirado

I blew $400 during the Christmas season alone, and while I haven't kept track of my year-to-date purchases I assume I was close to that number.

The Steam Sale was a major culprit this year, and if we get the new systems by the holidays then I'm pretty sure I'll eclipse $1k easy.

Nilazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#29  Edited By Nilazz

Not planning to but I will.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By mandude

$1000 worth of games? Steam lets me do that on a weekly basis.

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#31  Edited By Atlas

I highly doubt it. I am not yet on board with the new generation of consoles, even though I really like my PS3 and love my 360. I'm comfortable as a PC gamer right now, and of course there are tons of great games coming out in 2013 that will be a day-one purchase for me - Europa Universalis IV, Total War: Rome 2, BioShock Infinite, SimCity etc. But $1000/£650? Man, I dunno. Maybe in years past with Steam sales and buying older games that I missed, but now I've got so many games that I still haven't played that it just seems like a waste to keep buying a lot more. I spent just £3.75 during the Christmas Steam sale (FTL) and I felt pretty damn good about that.

Also, man, when you put how much we all spend on games into that context, it's a little scary. Dunno why.

@squiDc00kiE said:

I already built a $2000 pc this year, does that count?

I have been thinking of building a new PC as well, or at least upgrading what I've got, so that would easily push me over if we're talking hardware as well as software. But I think the question is more specifically related to software.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#32  Edited By Kidavenger
AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#33  Edited By AndrewB

Dear lord, no. I might spend as much on gaming in general when the new consoles launch, but at least this time I've already written off Nintendo's console and early predictions point to there being far fewer exclusive titles this time around, so I might get lucky there.

Most of my game purchases are older titles or significantly discounted PC titles, and I'm never spending $60 on a brand new game even if it's just released, so even with the volume of purchases I'm not spending an insane amount.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#34  Edited By mosespippy

With new consoles and the inevitable collectors edition of GTAV I'm sure I'll spend that much.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By NegativeCero

No, I'll buy probably less than five games that come out this year, but mostly buying things that came out already or downloadable games.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#36  Edited By riostarwind  Moderator

With new consoles coming out this it seems highly likely that I'll hit that number at some point. Plus I usually buy one new game a month. It may not always be full retail price but I'm sure 1k will be hit by December of this year.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Vexxan

Maybe not with games alone but there are new consoles coming out so I will probably spend that amount of money.

Grimace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Grimace

I'll spend triple that easily if new consoles come out.

I spent over $3k on games, consoles, accessories, and point cards in 2012. That's without getting a Wii U.

I don't feel particularly good about that.

kgb0515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By kgb0515

*Le sigh* My wife and I are trying to buy a house this year, so I don't think I will be buying many new release games. The only must haves for me so far would be The Last of Us, possibly Tomb Raider (which will be a Redbox Rental first), and the Day Z stand alone (if it actually comes out this year. Aside from that, I will be looking for every Steam sale I can to get cheap, older games. I also don't plan to buy any new consoles until they are out for at least 6 to 8 months, so I should be good there.

zerdune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#40  Edited By zerdune

I rarely buy games at full price, so no. At most I spend half of that. I'm definitely not buying the new Xbox/Playstation this year. Maybe Wii U and/or Vita if they have price drops this year and they announce some interesting games at E3.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Ravenlight

I probably spent that much in 2010. Since then, I've been a lot more conservative with my video games budget.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Funkydupe

*/sob* I probably will... */sob.com/cry*

Irishdoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#43  Edited By Irishdoom

What if Steam offered a true "everything pak" for $2500? Every current Steam game, $2500.

Avatar image for deactivated-629fb02f57a5a
deactivated-629fb02f57a5a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I say No, but I might. And a definite YES if get new consoles.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#45  Edited By Deranged

Not sure, to be honest, I'm not even completely knowledgeable of the entire list of games coming in the second half of 2013. Right now, Injustice, Aliens, and Crysis 3 are on my list.

niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By niamahai

With next gen imminent I am planning to rent more this year...

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By SexyToad

Yes actually. I'm planning to make a gaming Pc this year. (if that counts)

kermoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By kermoosh

as a college student, absolutely not. i buy around 2-3 full priced games a year, and maybe 2-3 cheap games from $10-$20. even if new consoles come out i'll probably wait a little for them (to make sure any kinks are worked out (ie: red rings) and because my xbox live gold will still be running for a few extra months

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Wacomole

@Irishdoom said:

What if Steam offered a true "everything pak" for $2500? Every current Steam game, $2500.

Would have to come with a device to magically add 57 extra hours to every day.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By mikey87144

Thinking about it I have spent $1000 on games in 2009 and 2011. I don't see myself doing that again till 2015 when the new consoles come into their own.