How many kills SHOULD the RC bomb killstreak require in COD: Black Ops?

dropbearGSH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dropbearGSH
Edin899

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Edin899

Really people? 3?  

EIther there are alot of noobs here on giantbomb or just people being stupid. 

It's like a predator missle, and that was 5 kills.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#3  Edited By citizenkane

5 seems to a good number to put the kill streak at.  Either that or make them easier to shoot and kill.

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By the8bitNacho
@CitizenKane said:
" 5 seems to a good number to put the kill streak at.  Either that or make them easier to shoot and kill. "
Agreed. I think it's about on par with MW2's predator missile, which seemed fine at 5 kills.
NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By NekuSakuraba
@Kombat said:
" @CitizenKane said:
" 5 seems to a good number to put the kill streak at.  Either that or make them easier to shoot and kill. "
Agreed. I think it's about on par with MW2's predator missile, which seemed fine at 5 kills. "
Yep.
Avatar image for joyfullofrockets
JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By JoyfullOFrockets

It could remain 3 but reduce it's lifespan as well as the the blast radius.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SSully

I think 3 is fine. They are really loud, have a bright red light on them, and i have never seen one kill more then 2 people at a time. The only times i have been killed by them is when i was cornered and it blew up right before i could shoot it. Every other time ive had them after me i have managed to shoot them before. I really do not see the issue. 

nick_verissimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By nick_verissimo

5 kills seems very reasonable in my mind.  Admittedly, I just picked up the game yesterday and only played an hour of the multi-player, but I must've been killed at least a half dozen times by it and became super annoying after a while.  Putting it at five makes it challenging enough to obtain.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By meteora

Its fine. The blast radius on that thing is actually very small.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By dbz1995

Keep it at 3 but perhaps reduce how many times it should be shot. I think the Spy Plane is much better (can't play without one, myself), and the RC-XD can easily be found.
@Edin8999 said:

EIther there are alot of noobs here on giantbomb or just people being stupid.

Noobs-can't be stupid or opinionated.
WJist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By WJist

I played in a few matches last night where the announcer repeated the RC car announcement every 5 seconds. Other than that, I don't really mind the killstreak. 

Arker101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Arker101

3 seems fair.  It can be destroyed and everyone knows when one is coming. It's great for campers, or that's how I get kills/killed with it. 
Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Illmatic

Most times don't mind it, but the low killstreak requirement does introduce it as frequently as the spy plane so there are moments where it feels like there's always one driving around the map somewhere.

Kazu666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Kazu666

3 is totally fine for the RC car, unlike the predator missile it doesn't add to your killstreak (which is why the missile was 5) and it can be destoyed in one shot. dont complain, just be better. lol

Raymayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Raymayne
@Edin8999 said:
" Really people? 3?   EIther there are alot of noobs here on giantbomb or just people being stupid.  It's like a predator missle, and that was 5 kills. "
It's not like a predator missile.  Predators showed you exactly where all the enemy team were and had a huge blast radius, you were pretty much guaranteed at least one kill every time you used one of those things no matter what, plus they only took a few seconds to use so your actual dude wasn't left sitting around in a corner for too long where he could get shot by the enemy. RC cars take a bit of skill to control, don't show where the enemy are, have a small blast radius, can be destroyed with a few well-placed shots, and leave your guy sat there for ages so you can easily end up getting killed while using it. 3 kills is fine.
DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DoctorWelch

5 is a little much and 3 is way way too little, so how about 4.5. No but seriously, that thing is almost an insta-kill and it is just down right annoying. I have definitely shot my share of them, but sometimes they are just going way way to fast and its impossible to stop. I also think anyone who uses it is a complete idiot because although it gets you an instant kill, a UAV is way more effective and allows your whole team to have a big advantage.

tskunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By tskunk
@Edin8999 said:
"It's like a predator missle, and that was 5 kills. "
It's kind of like a predator missile, except you can shoot these down, blow them up with mines, and they're moving on wheels versus flying through the air powered by a rocket. I think the Predator missile was good at 5 kills, but the RC is not quite as powerful. That being said, I have died like 80 fucking times to these annoying XDs. I think people may have figured out the need to boost as their RC gets shot because I've been having far less success blowing them up before they get me.
tracerace11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By tracerace11
@tskunk said:
" @Edin8999 said:
"It's like a predator missle, and that was 5 kills. "
It's kind of like a predator missile, except you can shoot these down, blow them up with mines, and they're moving on wheels versus flying through the air powered by a rocket. I think the Predator missile was good at 5 kills, but the RC is not quite as powerful. That being said, I have died like 80 fucking times to these annoying XDs. I think people may have figured out the need to boost as their RC gets shot because I've been having far less success blowing them up before they get me. "

Agreed.  I believe that they are fine at 3 as well since they are on the ground and not overpowering.  I use the dang things, and I can't tell you how many times I have died while using one, so I think they are fine where they are at.  (I use them because they are just so dang fun to drive!)
TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By TheHBK

I havent played the game myself, but have been just been watching my brother play as I am not that interested at this time in the game.  He and another friend believe 3 is ok because the car is easy to see and if you see it shoot at.  They both preferred the predator missile even though it took 5 kills to get.  And from what I gather, the fact that you cant use killstreak kills to count for your current killstreak, means 3 is fine.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#21  Edited By MooseyMcMan

I think three is fair. It leaves you defenseless whilst using it, and it gives off a noise that everyone recognizes, and you can shoot the damn thing. Plus, you can't have the spy plane if you have that. I think that it's balanced. 

George_Hukas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By George_Hukas

They aren't really a threat, its fine where it is. Not to mention if you are using the RC-XD chances are you aren't using a higher level Killstreak like a Chopper Gunner or Attack Dogs.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#23  Edited By ArbitraryWater

It maybe should be bumped up to 4. It's no predator missile, but it's still super annoying.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#24  Edited By mikemcn

Keep it at 3, I don't use the thing anymore because I would die everytime I sat down to get a kill with it, its fair, its not the predator which could be activated, and shot in 4 seconds. 2 kills with it are rare and it literally takes only 1 bullet to stop it. (So all you, IT TAKES TO MANY BULLETS people need to can it, one shot from a MP5K will make it explode.)

Also, Flak Vest is there for a reason, if you hate RCXD's, use that perk until you cool down over it.

Avatar image for suicidal_sniper
Suicidal_SNiper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Suicidal_SNiper

3 is insane. Like others have said the predator missile was 5 and I'd say that the RC is even more effective than the predator. I'd say leave it at 3 if they'd make the blast radius a lot smaller if the enemy killed it for you.

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By Alexander

I gave the multiplayer a go the other day, I didn't not once get a kill with it, I felt it was almost on a par with the Predator so I'd agree with 4. 

[edit] oh wait they don't stack? If not then 3 is fine.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

>3.  I don't know if this is exclusive to bot mode, but my brother way playing last night and the RC XD was counting towards killstreaks.  He got 3 kills for an RC XD and then killed two bots with it, and was able to use his napalm strike.  Happened twice in a row.

George_Hukas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By George_Hukas
@xobballox said:
" >3.  I don't know if this is exclusive to bot mode, but my brother way playing last night and the RC XD was counting towards killstreaks.  He got 3 kills for an RC XD and then killed two bots with it, and was able to use his napalm strike.  Happened twice in a row. "
I think this is the bigger issue.. Same thing happened to my friends and I in the match we were in. I'm not looking forward to someone reproducing this..lol
Immuniity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Immuniity
@Edin8999:  Stop being a baby because we didn't validate your complaining. I find it fine, hell, i use the perk to get it at 2 kills.
Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Branthog

People seem to get way more kills with the RC than any other streak reward and it makes modes like Demolition flat out unplayable.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Branthog
@TheHBK said:
" I havent played the game myself, but have been just been watching my brother play as I am not that interested at this time in the game.  He and another friend believe 3 is ok because the car is easy to see and if you see it shoot at.  They both preferred the predator missile even though it took 5 kills to get.  And from what I gather, the fact that you cant use killstreak kills to count for your current killstreak, means 3 is fine. "
Except in every mode that isn't Death Match. You MUST get to the chest in Demolition to arm/diarm it. With all the confusion going on, guys just plow the RC into it one after another for the entire round -- taking out a couple guys every time.
fillmoejoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#32  Edited By fillmoejoe

I think 5 is good.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#33  Edited By tourgen

1.  Yes, a kill streak of 1.  Because I think that would be hilarious.  I know that's not technically a streak of kills, I'll just politely ask you to overlook that fact and consider how wonderful an idea it is.  Everyone driving RC cars, all the time.  Instead of shooting.

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#34  Edited By 234r2we232

They're interesting to have around, but I think it would make far more sense for the minimum kill count to be 4. Hardline still requiring 3 kills for one wouldn't be nearly as bad as 2 :/

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#35  Edited By MooseyMcMan
@tourgen said:
" 1.  Yes, a kill streak of 1.  Because I think that would be hilarious.  I know that's not technically a streak of kills, I'll just politely ask you to overlook that fact and consider how wonderful an idea it is.  Everyone driving RC cars, all the time.  Instead of shooting. "
There should just be a game mode where everyone is an RC car. 
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By iam3green

3 is fine make it more easier to shoot though or remove it. i have it as a killstreak but i think it is just alright. i got a 3 kill one time but that was lucky one. most of the time it just kills one person.

yinstarrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By yinstarrunner

3 seems fine to me.  I'd much rather have it at 3 and present the dichotomy of choosing between a spy plane or a mostly-guaranteed kill than have people running around with both spy planes and RC cars right afterwards.

Besides, I don't know if you guys have noticed, but that thing is LOUD.  I've probably shot down just as many as have killed me by listening to where they're coming from.

@Branthog said:

" @TheHBK said:
" I havent played the game myself, but have been just been watching my brother play as I am not that interested at this time in the game.  He and another friend believe 3 is ok because the car is easy to see and if you see it shoot at.  They both preferred the predator missile even though it took 5 kills to get.  And from what I gather, the fact that you cant use killstreak kills to count for your current killstreak, means 3 is fine. "
Except in every mode that isn't Death Match. You MUST get to the chest in Demolition to arm/diarm it. With all the confusion going on, guys just plow the RC into it one after another for the entire round -- taking out a couple guys every time. "

I've played a hell of a ton of demolition in the past few days to try and get some pro perks, and with a full 18-player game I've never had this happen.  Maybe one or two blowing up some teammates near the point, but never the endless stream of RC's you're implying.
Chaossebba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#38  Edited By Chaossebba

to me it seems like 4-5. That shitty car gets ridiculous kills sometimes.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@RiotBananas said:
" I miss CoD4. "
This.  The heights of ridiculousness which MW2 and now BO have extended to are..well...ridiculous.