I have a PC. Tell me why i should get a mac.

• 118 results
Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#101  Edited By Geno
@Rampage said:

" Yeah, I plan to do alot of gaming on it.

Why are you even asking this question then? If you have the opportunity to have both for some reason, spend the Mac money on a MONSTER rig instead. 
commodore64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#102  Edited By commodore64

I bought a pc with a i5 and a Radeon 5870.  I saved a lot of money by spending my cash on power rather than style. And besides if you want stability you should just dual boot with Linux anyways.

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By Ryax
@Geno said:
" @Rampage said:

Why are you even asking this question then? If you have the opportunity to have both for some reason, spend the Mac money on a MONSTER rig instead.  "
yup. get the monster rig.
Ferginator4k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 12

#104  Edited By Ferginator4k

If you arent planning to game, go for Mac.

SilentCommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By SilentCommando
@Ryax said:
" @Geno said:
" @Rampage said:

Why are you even asking this question then? If you have the opportunity to have both for some reason, spend the Mac money on a MONSTER rig instead.  "
yup. get the monster rig. "
This. I upgraded my old PC to a fairly substantial gaming rig and haven't looked back. PCs are the way to go if you want to play games, which you state you want to do. Besides, a decent gaming computer wouldn't cost much more than a mac.
xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#106  Edited By xMP44x

I use both. And both of them are decent. I like the Mac, but it's all "new 'n' shiny" at the moment, so if the glitz wears off then I'll likely return to a full-time Windows user. Make no mistake though, the OS X interface is absolutely beautiful, and it's extremely easy to translate over to. Windows is likely the better all-rounder of the two, and if you intend to game at all, then you should know exactly what to buy.

Sabata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Sabata

You shouldn't.

Rampage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#108  Edited By Rampage

Well, I plan to do Media, Graphics Design, etc, etc.  
which i hear a mac is godlike for.. 
but, 
i wanna do some major pc gaming. 
 no life some games, etc. 

so.. 
yeah. 
i don't know.

hicks91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By hicks91

just get a pc, you have greater options with regard to hardware and whatever

Avatar image for deactivated-590b7522e5236
deactivated-590b7522e5236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Rampage said:
" Well, I plan to do Media, Graphics Design, etc, etc.  which i hear a mac is godlike for.. but, i wanna do some major pc gaming.  no life some games, etc.  so.. yeah. i don't know. "
I have the same problem
Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#111  Edited By Jazz

No, make your own damn decisions instead of getting a highly polarised website to do it for you.

GreyFox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By GreyFox
@HitmanAgent47 said:
"

There is no good reason to own a mac. It's more of a lifestyle choice than actually anything else. Most pc owners will never really understand a mac, it's not for you. Paying for more and getting less isn't good value.

"
I am a PC owner and I do not understand Macs. I say what this guy said is accurate!
JokerSmilez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#113  Edited By JokerSmilez
@Rampage said:
" Well, I plan to do Media, Graphics Design, etc, etc.  which i hear a mac is godlike for.. but, i wanna do some major pc gaming.  no life some games, etc.  so.. yeah. i don't know. "
If you plan on doing a lot of gaming on the computer, don't be silly, get a PC, and this is coming from an exclusive Mac user. 

Macs aren't really for much more than casual PC gaming. I used to play WoW, still play Starcraft, and the occasional game off Steam such as Tochlight, Altitude, etc. 

Bur for "serious" PC gaming, a Mac does not compare to a PC. 

And a PC will do you fine for most media and graphics design stuff. If that's all you were doing, I'd be more inclined to recommend the Mac, but if you want to do more than just occasional "casual" gaming, get a PC.
B0nd07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#114  Edited By B0nd07
@Rampage said:

" Well, I plan to do Media, Graphics Design, etc, etc.  which i hear a mac is godlike for.. "

This was true up until maybe 10 years ago.  If your PC has the hardware power for some serious gaming, it'll have what you need for graphic design and other media.  Not to mention you can get the same hardware power (or better) in a PC for less than you'd spend on a high-end Mac.  Plus, if you end up building your own, you can find useful guides (<- like this one) online to help you along.

If you're worried about viruses, Macs get them too.  There just aren't as many.  However, with a good up-to-date anti-virus (such as Avast or PandaCloud, which are free) a PC will have nothing to fear.  Blue-screens-of-death?  Don't happen anywhere near as frequently as some Mac-fans and ad-campaigns will lead you to believe.  I've been on Macs that have crashed more in a day than my PC has in a year.  Video card die on you?  If it's no longer under warranty, replace it and not the whole computer.  If it is, send it out to get fixed and, more than likely, only pay for shipping (to the manufacturer).  Want to use a Mac exclusive program (like Garageband)?  There's probably a PC equivalent.

I could go on, but I think you get the idea.  From my experience, the pros for owning a PC out-weigh the pros for owning a Mac.  There is almost nothing a Mac can do that a PC can't.   Not to mention you pretty much answered your own conundrum in your second post.  You want to play a lot of games?  Go where the games are: on a PC.  But ultimately, the decision is yours, and yours alone.

The funny thing about the Mac vs PC war, is that, and I'm sure this'll blow some people's minds, Macs are PCs.  "PC" meaning "personal computer".  And if Macs aren't personal computers, what are they?
MannyMAR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By MannyMAR

Just get whichever benefits you the most at the price point you're looking at. People can try to convince you either way, but remember you're the one who's gonna be stuck with the machine in the end. Do the research, see which one fits your lifestyle the most then make a choice.

TotalEklypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#116  Edited By TotalEklypse

if you enjoy sitting in a over priced coffee shop trying to impress other yuppies. then a mac. if you want to do anything worth a damn then a pc. 

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#117  Edited By meteora

As far as I'm aware, Macs are better for stuff like graphic designing (for some apparent reason). If you plan to play lots and lots of games on your desktop, then stick with your PC.

Izaak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#118  Edited By Izaak

PC gamers are elitist arrogant douche-bags anyway, as are some graphic designers. Trollolololololololol.  ;)

On a serious note, just buy what you think will be the most practical and helpful to you, both have their fair amount of pros and cons.