I just got free Fable 2 pub games, but I didn't pre-order...

Avatar image for pirate_republic
pirate_republic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By pirate_republic

...has anyone else gotten this?

It was essentially an email from the (genuine?) Xbox Canada email (no scam here folks... I hope), informing me that because I'm a gold member I got free Fable 2 Pub Games, and that I had 48 hours to claim it, so I did, then it told me my code was to be emailed to me in 8 - 10 days.

It's weird, I've seen no press releases saying MS would be giving out Pub Games. So has anyone else gotten this?
The email was "support-bvpb8z8ady0jvxaxtaavgbctcagupy@email.xbox.com", and I'm not sure if it's genuine or not.

The email was mind boggling professional with correct fine print and everything. It had my GT everywhere (Greetings, pirate republic...), and seemed totally genuine and in order.

But it said "^15,000 offers available to redeem. This offer is non-transferable." which tells me FAKE. And that and the fact that if you view the image-disabled version (website version) the address is "http://ebm.email.xbox.com/c/tag/ *tons of random letters* &gamertag=pirate%20republic" which sings "click here for FREE iPod Touch! (just sign up for 1.75$ fee every second for a chance to enter this contest)" type marketing scam thing.

What do you guys think?

EDIT: more details added

Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Kinda sketchy.... but I dunno. Guess we'll see? I don't see how it could be a scam or anything, they aren't asking for anything from you.

Avatar image for pirate_republic
pirate_republic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By pirate_republic

Yeah I know, it's wierd.
Here is the fine print:

*To be eligible for the offer, respond by 11:59pm October 3rd, 2008.

If you do not wish to receive marketing e-mails from Xbox, please update your contact preferences on My Xbox. You can also opt out on your console by selecting Privacy Settings under Edit Gamer Profile on Xbox 360, or selecting the Info Sharing option in Account Management for the Original Xbox Live dashboard. We will promptly update your contact preferences; however, please be aware that it may take up to 10 days before your preferences are reflected in our system. You may still receive previously initiated promotional communications from Xbox during that time.

Privacy Statement |Terms of Use

Xbox Privacy
One Microsoft Way
Redmond, WA USA 98052

© 2008 Microsoft Corporation. All Rights Reserved. The names and logos of actual companies
and products mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.