I need a new open world game

• 64 results
Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Crysis is open-worldish, and it also happens to be one of my favorite games of all time.

Git. Out.

Unilad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Unilad

Can Far Cry 3 be considered open world?

Either way, it's a cool game go play it.

phuzzybunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bully or Sleepy Dawgs

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#54  Edited By BaneFireLord

If you havent played san andreas, that's is definitely worth a look. Though, if you get it on pc, be prepared to either a) buy a usb controller or b) deal with incredibly shitty flying controls on keyboard and mouse

I will second this. I played through San Andreas for the first time on PC last fall and it has become one of my favorite games of all time. It holds up surprisingly well and it makes me sad that Las Venturas isn't going to be in GTAV...that city and the surrounding desert is one of the most fun open world environments I've had the pleasure to explore. And yes, the flying is super shitty. Took me about two hours to get the hang of it on the keyboard.

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

@legion_:

Sleeping Dogs, game is set in Hong Kong which I assume is a place that is far away from you.

TheIronWeasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bully, Sleeping Dogs, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Saints Row: The Third, Far Cry 3, GTA: Episodes, Borderlands 2, infamous 1&2, Crackdown.

Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Legion_

On a semi-related note, there's some really big name games for free on PS Plus right now. Saint's Row 3, Uncharted 3, Infamous 2, Battlefield 3, LittleBigPlanet Karting, War in The North and XCOM are all free right now.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By OurSin_360

@humanity said:

@legion_ said:

@humanity said:

@legion_: Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen - close thread, take a week off from work, enjoy.

Played it, hated it. That's just not a good game at all.

I've played most games mentioned in this thread already. Anyone got experience with Ni No Kuni? Is it even an open world?

Wow woww ..what? Might as well quit life right now because there is no hope for you. One of the best RPG's of this generation and it's not a good game at all? After you slogged your way through Skyrim too... I'm sorry I mean I know personal taste and everything but I'm flabbergasted by this concept of Dragons Dogma being "not a good game at all" .. I .. I think I need to rest..

I didn't care much for it either, combat was great but the world was ugly, quest system convoluted, and it had an open world but it was so tedious to trek through. Basically felt like i was just randomly running around not knowing what i was supposed to do next, and end up stuck in massive battles when i just wanted to find out where i was supposed to be. It did make me want a good sequel though, but i couldn't get into that game and I've tried really hard.

sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 7

#59  Edited By sins_of_mosin

I would also say Just Cause 2. Sacred 2.

Otleaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Otleaz

I am going to go ahead and downvote every game except the STALKER games. Sleeping dogs for instance was repetitive, boring, drawn out, easy, and linear. Far Cry 3 was also repetitive, less boring, drawn out, much more easy, and linear.

Dragons dogma was okay, but very very repetitive. It also pissed me off to no end that I couldn't edit or level up one of my minions.

I also saw a Crysis suggestion so I feel compelled to point out that Cryis1 was the closest I have ever seen a room shooter get to being good. I have a riot every time I see all of these new games like Farcry try to emulate Crysis1 and fail miserably. How do you fail to emulate a failure? That is double fucking failure.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316 said:

Red Faction: Guerilla is incredibly fun.

Yep, great game and it is incredibly cheap now as well.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#62  Edited By SomeDeliCook

Crackdown with a friend, Sid Meier's Pirates!, Overlord 1 and 2, The Saboteur, The Godfather either the 360/PS3 version or Godfather 2, Viking: Battle for Asgard, Mount and Blade series and Hulk: Ultimate Destruction

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@legion_ said:

@jimbo said:

Yep, I certainly didn't find DD deeply satisfying - the majority of the game being a walking sim saw to that. The highs were high, but too few and far between among the sea of lows. It did have good combat mechanics by open-world standards though, and I'd expect a sequel to be a vast improvement. It's the game which should most be influencing how Dragon Age 3 plays (in terms of combat).

Dragon Age 2 should be the game that most influences the combat of Dragon Age 3. Say what you will about that game, but no one can really deny that it has fantastic combat mechanics.

The gambit / party-combo mechanics are great, but they were wasted by how the game handled combat scenarios. Given they're going open world with DA3 and presumably aren't just going to have enemies fall out of the sky around you this time, I'd love to see those gambit/combo mechanics layered over what DD did with combat.

gogosox82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By gogosox82

Dragon's Dogma, SR3, and Sleeping Dogs are the three that come to mind as good open world games.