If you're a day one adopter, which new console are you buying in November?

DriveupLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Poll If you're a day one adopter, which new console are you buying in November? (139 votes)

Xbox One 11%
Playstation 4 58%
Both 12%
Neither 19%
 • 
OGinOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By OGinOR

Xbox One...since E3.

MikeJFlick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By MikeJFlick

@oginor: Corrected "Xbone...since E3."

OGinOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By bigjeffrey

The One

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have both day one consoles pre-ordered on Amazon. The PS4 is paid off except for the last $150. Put down $150 for the One, so I'm slowly paying that off before release.

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS4 as I just don't need both since multiplatform games take up most of the launch window.

Vanick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have both pre-ordered. I'm getting the PS4 for sure but I'm going back and forth on keeping my XBO pre-order.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xboxone. If my book return money is enough then both.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

I have a PS4 on order through Amazon.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'm getting the Playstation 4 on release. It's getting pretty close now so the wait is getting harder.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

XONE Zone.

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

PS4 for certain, maybe an xbone if I have the spare cash (but that wouldn't be day one, I guess).

PS4 + PC just seems like the logical combo this coming gen.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

PS4, just will have to wait for Fed Ex to bring it to me. I've thought about it and it isn't that bad to wait, I can watch the streams that sites will do and see what games I should download first.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

PS4, just will have to wait for Fed Ex to bring it to me. I've thought about it and it isn't that bad to wait, I can watch the streams that sites will do and see what games I should download first.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS4, going to be going to the midnight release at my local EB. I'm going to pass on the Xbox One for now, maybe I'll change my mind in the future and pick it up when it has some more titles I'm interested in.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS4. I will most likely get an Xbox One eventually, but there is literally no announced game for it yet that would sell me on the system while the PS4 has 4-6.

OGinOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fluxwavez: Curious - which ones? (As I feel this way in reverse...MSFT sold me on their games..not so much Sony)

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oginor: Off the top of my head:

1. Guilty Gear Xrd
  2. inFamous: Second Son
  3. Deep Down
  4. The Order 1886

There's probably more that I can't think of right now, combined with the fact that the PS4's exclusives look more interesting to me in general and that I know from experience with the PS3 and 360 that Sony's exclusives suit my tastes more. I'm sure I'll have to get an Xbox One at some point because of some exclusive, but there isn't one yet.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#19 FinalDasa  Moderator

Of the two pre-orders on Amazon only the Xbox One was a day one edition until just yesterday. Now I'll be getting the PS4 on day one and then the Xbox One nearer to TitanFall.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@fluxwavez: It's funny, it's exactly the opposite for me. Sony barely has anything I want to play as of yet, while Microsoft has at least a few games I need to play. I also thought during the 360 and PS3 era, the 360 had a ton more exclusives that suited my taste than the PS3 did. The thing is, all the exclusives Microsoft had at that time were almost all timed exclusive as it turns out. Whether months or years, all of those that I liked are now available elsewhere as well. It doesn't truly matter I suppose, since I play in the moment and not afterwards. But it is something to think about if they use the same strategy this generation. Anyway, the Xbox One titles I want to play are:

1. Dead Rising 3
  2. Project Spark
  3. Quantum Break
  4. Sunset Overdrive
  5. Fable Legends
  6. Halo
  7. Crackdown 3? (if it actually is a thing, they have to mess up pretty hard for me not to want to play it)

PS4 only has Second Son and perhaps, depending on where it goes, The Order 1886. That's pretty much it. I generally don't care much for PS exclusives like God of War, Killzone, Gran Turismo and Uncharted. They do have some stuff I like though, like The Last of Us and inFamous.

That said, I do have both pre-ordered. I end up with all consoles eventually anyway and since money isn't that much of an issue for me, I rather play games when they are new as opposed to backlogging at the end of a generation. At least half of the games you want to play then turn out pretty 'meh' because they were released early into the generation and if you didn't see it while it was new, you won't appreciate it that much. At least, that's what I had with a few games.

But honestly, the multiplatform games are the ones I'm at least as much excited about.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@fluxwavez: It's funny, it's exactly the opposite for me. Sony barely has anything I want to play as of yet, while Microsoft has at least a few games I need to play. I also thought during the 360 and PS3 era, the 360 had a ton more exclusives that suited my taste than the PS3 did. The thing is, all the exclusives Microsoft had at that time were almost all timed exclusive as it turns out. Whether months or years, all of those that I liked are now available elsewhere as well. It doesn't truly matter I suppose, since I play in the moment and not afterwards. But it is something to think about if they use the same strategy this generation. Anyway, the Xbox One titles I want to play are:

1. Dead Rising 3
  2. Project Spark
  3. Quantum Break
  4. Sunset Overdrive
  5. Fable Legends
  6. Halo
  7. Crackdown 3? (if it actually is a thing, they have to mess up pretty hard for me not to want to play it)

PS4 only has Second Son and perhaps, depending on where it goes, The Order 1886. That's pretty much it. I generally don't care much for PS exclusives like God of War, Killzone, Gran Turismo and Uncharted. They do have some stuff I like though, like The Last of Us and inFamous.

That said, I do have both pre-ordered. I end up with all consoles eventually anyway and since money isn't that much of an issue for me, I rather play games when they are new as opposed to backlogging at the end of a generation. At least half of the games you want to play then turn out pretty 'meh' because they were released early into the generation and if you didn't see it while it was new, you won't appreciate it that much. At least, that's what I had with a few games.

But honestly, the multiplatform games are the ones I'm at least as much excited about.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

Neither. i'm gonna wait for all you suckers to show me what's up with the systems. (Bwahahahaha)

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#23  Edited By Sergio

Pretty much this.

@cold_wolven said:

PS4 as I just don't need both since multiplatform games take up most of the launch window.

And this.

PS4. I will most likely get an Xbox One eventually, but there is literally no announced game for it yet that would sell me on the system while the PS4 has 4-6.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By monetarydread

Neither. I have learned the hard way that buying a console at launch is usually a bad idea. My launch Genesis had sound issues within the year, my PS1 overheated constantly (I had to keep it upside down), my PS2 stopped reading disks after a few months, my dreamcast had a short lifespan, my Wii had a shitty library of games (there were some decent ones, but not many in comparison to my other systems), my DS had a redesign that made the OG DS look awful... because it was awful, my 360 stopped opening its disk drive after two years (Tho I haven't had a red ring, others have had issues). Those are just my launch console issues, look at the people who bought a 3DS, they lost out on $100.

Edit: Plus launch years are boring. All you want to do is play new games on your system, and all you get are crap like Chromehounds or Pilotwings (Mario was awesome, but it wasn't play only that game for 8 months awesome).

mclargepants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

I'm ready for my day one PS4 to show up, I'll definitely play Watch Dogs on it and Res0gun and #Driveclub cause I like free things and either Knack or Killzone depending on reviews. But right now I'm even more excited for something else: the Retron 5 releases October 31st and I've got one of those preordered as well!

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

@hailinel said:

I have a PS4 on order through Amazon.

^^^ I actually took the day off from work for the package. It's more to do with my paranoia that it'll get stolen (I've had packages stolen from my front door before) than actually needing to get the damn thing, although that's a plus. I'm just too ready for a new console, even if my 360 still has some life in it.

fram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

CrossBone Juan for me. I have mad nostalgia for Killer Instinct, and the new one looks great. Also Crimson Dragon is a day one purchase for me. Further along, Quantum Break, Titanfall, D4, others.

Armoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I Pre-ordered a PS4 and then much later pulled the trigger on the XB1. I'm excited about both systems and want to compare them for myself.

In the past I've waited for price drops (or skipped a generation), but don't want to wait for a price drop this time. Too long.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

It may be hard to believe, but I'm still not entirely sure. I have both preordered and have been leaning toward the Ps4, but I still need to actually cancel one of them. Either way I'm pretty excited, since this will be the first time I've bought a console at launch. I've completely boarded the Hype Train. CHOO CHOO!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I went with the PS4. I think Microsoft has a more interesting launch lineup, but theirs is $100 more expensive and won't have inFamous in February, which was the primary factor of my decision.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#31 riostarwind  Moderator

Decided to go with the PS4 since getting the Xbox One for it's exclusive titles isn't really worth it on launch day.

Aviar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm giving Sony the nod on day one for the PS4. Have mine ordered through Amazon. I'll eventually get an xbox one, but it just won't be on launch day.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm getting the Ps4 out of the gate, and will probably get the Xbone when it has a few interesting games in it's library.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

Neither at launch, but probably PS4 before X1.