Incredible backlog - suggestions on the order

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By Wuddel

Ok. One holiday and amazon/steam sale later, I am left with an incredible backlog of 2009/2010 games for 2011. Any suggestions for the order. I got 

Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening 
Mass Effect I 
Mass Effect II (Which DLC should I get for that?) 
Red Dead Redemption 
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 

I currently balance those games with playing multiplayer on BF:BC2 (Vietnam), Blops (maybe I get rid of that), AC: Brotherhood (maybe I also get rid of it) and also Civ5. 

PS: my bargain shopping list Bayonetta, Darksiders, Fallout:New Vegas

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Wuddel

Ok. One holiday and amazon/steam sale later, I am left with an incredible backlog of 2009/2010 games for 2011. Any suggestions for the order. I got 

Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening 
Mass Effect I 
Mass Effect II (Which DLC should I get for that?) 
Red Dead Redemption 
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 

I currently balance those games with playing multiplayer on BF:BC2 (Vietnam), Blops (maybe I get rid of that), AC: Brotherhood (maybe I also get rid of it) and also Civ5. 

PS: my bargain shopping list Bayonetta, Darksiders, Fallout:New Vegas

Grimace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Grimace

Mass Effect 
Mass Effect 2 + DLC - get Overlord and Lair of the Shadow Broker
Dragon Age Origins Awakening 
Red Dead Redemption 
NFS: Hot Pursuit (this is a "balance with another game" game.)

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By WinterSnowblind

I'd do Dragon Age first, since the sequel is coming out the soonest and will carry your save file forward.  Assuming of course you plan on getting that. 
ME1 should definitely be done before the second and pretty much all the DLC is worth getting (aside from the costume packs) but if you're trying to limit things, I'd stick to Kasumi and the Shadbowbroker. 

Then do RDR, it's unlikely to get a sequel anytime soon.  Need for Speed I'm sure could be played a bit inbetween, it's more of a casual game anyway, doesn't really require you to put a lot of time into as the others do.

Geekcore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 30

#4  Edited By Geekcore
  1.  Mass Effect I  - Skip all DLC
  2. Mass Effect II - The only must have DLC is Lair of the Shadow Broker. Overlord is fun, but far from a must buy. And Kasumi is not that good but gives you a character.
  3. Red Dead Redemption 
  4. Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening 
  5. Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit

WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By WickedFather

Play Red Dead and Need for Speed concurrently and throw that Bioware stuff in the bin, or a grinder, brick crusher or wood chipper if any are placed conveniently.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Wuddel

A. Even forgot a bunch of them. The 3-4 major additions are: 

• Metro 2033 
  • Stalker: Call of Pripyat 
  • STILL also the two GTA4 expansions

I am really into the Bioware titles and also all the GOTY discussion on all the websites, makes me really want to play ME2 - I am just shying away from ME1 because from what I experienced so far (actually restarted the game) the controls are terrible, and some laborious stuff is in there.
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Some of your games takes like 50-100 hours each to finish. I would probally get all the games that takes less hours out of the way first. Or you will be playing these games forever. Start with need for speed hot pursuit, metro 2033, stalker call of pripyat, then start to play the rest. The first mass effect doesn't take alot of time, however the second one does. Gta 4 takes forever, however not the expansions.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Wuddel

On ME1 ... wow. That becomes a whole lot easier once you discover that the Mako actually has a secondary fire, which packs a punch.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By jkz

Metro 2033 is awesome. Don't let it get buried under all the other big name titles: it was my 2nd favorite of last year behind ME2. Be sure to play it in Russian with subtitles. 

This suggestion is, of course, predicated on the fact that you have the PC version; the console versions were less than stellar, and it's really far superior on the PC.