Infinifactory, it's basically the sequel to Spacechem

Zeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Zeg

Now Spacechem was admittedly a game with what I imagined to be a very tiny target audience. I freaking loved it, got every achievement, and even at one point harboured plans to write a guide, part of which existed on this very site along with about 5 forum posts total in it's game forum.

So it's maybe not all that surprising that no-one is talking about Infinifactory (this is a call out to that Grey Goo thread by the way). In fact I can't even turn that into a link, the game page doesn't exist yet.

Partly, that might also be because it came out on Early Access on Steam. However, it's a rather strange case of early access. As the Dev says:

“The first available Early Access version corresponds with what we would have considered our "release version" in the past. The main campaign is finished, with more than 30 puzzles and a professionally voice-acted story, and includes a Steam Workshop enabled level editor allowing you to create and share custom puzzles from day one.”

And therefore:

“During Early Access, we're planning to expand the game with numerous mini-campaigns introducing new mechanics, factory blocks, environments, and products, in addition to making that new content available in the sandbox and level editor."

So if anyone is interested in another freeform puzzle game in the vein of Spacechem, but in 3D (which, by the way, I suspect is actually one of the reasons I think Infinifactory is easier than Spacechem), then you can find it on Steam right now!

No Caption Provided

poisonjam7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 27

Fuck yes! Thanks for telling us about this. I fucking love SpaceChem!!!!

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 32

#3 sgtsphynx  Moderator

Oh cool, I loved SpaceChem. I also got every achievement.

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By damodar

SpaceChem is dope!

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By ThunderSlash

SpaceChem is the best puzzle game I'll never complete.

MudMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

SpaceChem is amazing, and Infinifactory is alright. Just... if you go in, be aware that even though the game is pretty much 3D SpaceChem, it's not quite there. The UI doesn´t let you do everything you want, the puzzles are sometimes obscure in the wrong way and it's a bunch more guided and less elegant than SpaceChem was.

That doesn't mean it's bad, though. It's just SpaceChem is a bona fide classic and this isn't. Still worth a look if you want to have your brain liquefied by a game's tutorial.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By Bollard

I never played SpaceChem, but I'm getting 3D Factorio vibes looking at pics of this. I probably should have played SpaceChem.

thisluckyguess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By thisluckyguess

I really like it. The UI does feel a bit rough - I'd like copy & paste, at least, because moving your solution one block away is a pain. SpaceChem is more elegant, but so far I find this more fun to tinker with.