Is there any way to just Race in Burnout Paradise?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e0ee2ea170
deactivated-5e0e0ee2ea170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 0

I don't want to roam round a city and just want to race round a track like the older games and just wondering if I can do that or do I have to go through this stupid tutorial and drive up to lights to get into a race all the time? Also how do I switch off that stupid guys voice who wont shut up? It is almost as annoying as Ass Creed Beggars.

TEAMHOLT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By TEAMHOLT

Nope.

samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By samcotts

I don't think there is. That's my only problem with the game, the racing is brilliant, but getting to that part is a pain. Open world racing games don't really work for me, though it would be fine if it was just a separate game mode.

Stanford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Stanford

The open world is the best part of the game

strangeling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 50

#5  Edited By strangeling

Did you rent this game, buy this game, or pirate this game?

I ask, because doing just a little bit of research first would have answered your question.  I haven't decided if I want to pick it up yet, because like you, I don't enjoy the "open world" aspect.  I do yearn for some new Burnout racing though.
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I just bought it, and I'm not totally feeling the whole "open world" aspect either. It was fun for like the first hour, but now I just want to do some races. Also, man.. the game definitely would have benefitted from a "retry option". Needing to go back to that spot where you started is really lame.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By RHCPfan24

No, there aren't any track-based races. And I am fine with that. I don't care about the lack of a restart button because I like to just go to a new challenge when I am done with one or failed it. And DJ Atomica knows where you sleep, so you will want to let him talk to you.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By DJ_Lae

They just added a restart option today, so you're in luck!