It's an Easter Miracle for my 360

sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By sixghost

Well, not really, but it's close. I've had this broken 360 for about 2 years now, it was red ringed and the disc drive wouldn't open 90% of the time, needless to say it was fucked. Anyway, about 2-3 months ago I decided that the thing was worthless to me in its current state, so I figured I'd try to fix it. I thought the towel trick was bullshit, but it actually got rid of the red rings.

However, there was still the problem of the disc drive being completely fucked, so me and my dad got to ripping console apart to see if we could see what was wrong with the drive. We ended up WD40ing the shit out of all the gears inside the thing after we couldn't find any physical obstruction. Now the thing actually opened when the button was pressed, but we must have screwed something else up, because all sorts of weird shit was happening with the drive. It would stop half way closed, it would refuse to close, it would open when the console was being turned off. 

Long story short, I figured the console was ruined, albeit in a different way, though it was busted beforehand so I figured I came out no worse than I started. Anywaaaaaaaaaay, that was 2-3 months ago, and just about 30 minutes ago I saw someone post a thread about replacing the 360 disc drive, so I started reading into that, and I went to go check out which drive the broken 360 had, and lo and behold, THE FUCKING THING WORKED PERFECTLY. I've got no idea how this happened. Nobody has touched the thing since we opened it up a couple months ago. The only thing I can think is that we put way too much lube on the gears, or screwed something else up, and after all this time it just dried up or reset it's position. All I know is right now the thing runs perfectly. I need to pawn this thing off to gamestop immediately.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Captain_Insano

so basically

it resurrected...

sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By sixghost
@Captain_Insano said:
" so basically  it resurrected... "

Yeah that crossed my mind. Does that make my 360 the anti-christ if it resurrected on the day christ was crucified?

Following this pattern, it's going to die on Sunday.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Video_Game_King
@Captain_Insano said:
" so basically  it resurrected... "
I'd call the Xbox Jesus, but we all know that the Red Ring of Death is far from the Holy Trinity. A RROD'd Xbox can't impregnate a woman and convince everybody that she's still a virgin. But once they can....then the war begins.....What the hell am I talking about? Anyway, congrats, I guess.
Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Capum15

We need Jesus in here to voice his opinion.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By Claude

You won't get much at Gamestop, maybe 75 bucks or less. But hell yeah, it works, sell that shit and get repentance.

sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By sixghost
@Capum15 said:
" We need Jesus in here to voice his opinion. "
He's busy until sunday.