Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By Branthog

@Winternet said:

Well, that was weird!

You mean beautiful. It was a wonderful celebration of love just in time for Valentine's day! :P

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#202  Edited By crusader8463

@Branthog said:

@Winternet said:

Well, that was weird!

You mean beautiful. It was a wonderful celebration of love just in time for Valentine's day! :P

Indeed. It was a beautiful moment between two guys and a porcupine on a guys head.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#203  Edited By napalm

@rebgav said:

@Zenaxzd said:

Does Jeff have a Vita under his shirt....?

Yes.

Can I get an over/under on the factuality of this comment? Anybody, folks?

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By Branthog

@Napalm said:

@rebgav said:

@Zenaxzd said:

Does Jeff have a Vita under his shirt....?

Yes.

Can I get an over/under on the factuality of this comment? Anybody, folks?

Jeff said it was, about a minute later, but said he couldn't even pull it out on camera at the time, because of the embargo.

DougQuaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#205  Edited By DougQuaid

Jeff Gerstmann - Meant for women

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By Branthog

@DougQuaid said:

Jeff Gerstmann - Meant for women

Jeff Gerstman - Made for a woman.Strong enough for a man.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#207  Edited By Winternet

@Branthog: Watching it all was worth it, even if it was just for the Button Mashing intro video.

shaunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By shaunk

That slow dancing was amazing.

benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By benpicko

Jesus. So creepy.

shaunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By shaunk

Man, the guy that interviews Jeff is apparently the guy who he said on The Hotspot in 2006 indirectly got him into this line of work. It's crazy hearing all of the stories you heard 6-7 years ago again from the guy that the stories involve.

Avatar image for scamschoolbrian
ScamSchoolBrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By ScamSchoolBrian

Holy Shit. I couldn't resist. I got a google alert that pointed me to this thread, and I just spent the last 20 minutes reading through last Sunday's shenanigans through your eyes. **COMPLETELY EPIC**

I didn't want to be the creepy lurker, so I just wanted to say thanks to Branthog for inviting all you guys, and for doing his best to head off the cheesy "What's with that douche's hair??" comments. I know it's an extreme/ridiculous look (especially in an intimate medium like podcasting), but just consider it the suit-and-tie I have to wear for my day job:

At any rate, hope you all had a good time, and maybe you'll check out Game On sometime. :-)

Brian

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By Branthog

@ScamSchoolBrian said:

Holy Shit. I couldn't resist. I got a google alert that pointed me to this thread, and I just spent the last 20 minutes reading through last Sunday's shenanigans through your eyes. **COMPLETELY EPIC**

I didn't want to be the creepy lurker, so I just wanted to say thanks to Branthog for inviting all you guys, and for doing his best to head off the cheesy "What's with that douche's hair??" comments. I know it's an extreme/ridiculous look (especially in an intimate medium like podcasting), but just consider it the suit-and-tie I have to wear for my day job:

At any rate, hope you all had a good time, and maybe you'll check out Game On sometime. :-)

Brian

"Who's the douche with the hair?!" is the response I have gotten most often when I introduce people who aren't familiar with you or the shows you do to Game On or Shut Up And Play - but not when I introduce them to the Weird Things or NSFW podcast or point them at the Scam School stuff.

I think it's because the slick G4-esque style of Game On evokes certain connotations that are exacerbated by the hair. Without the context that you do a wide variety of podcasts and shows and guest on plenty of other people's shows, *and* do borderline Jim Rose Circus style magic performances at colleges across the country, it's really easy to make swift assumptions and judgements. Veronica Belmont gets a pass, because everyone loves cute girls, of course. :P

Anyway, don't take the "who's the douche?" stuff seriously. (I know you don't). Everyone I've introduced to the other shows is a big fan, because they see the guy who is way more than just a "host reading a prompter".

And for everyone else, do yourselves a favor and hit up iTunes and subscribe to one or more of the following shows. If you like the stuff GiantBomb and Tested do, you'll probably like much of the following:

• Game On (sort of slick weekly-wrap-up about game news show; not prolonged sit and talk about 'em show)
  • Frame Rate (movie and television discussions with Brian and Tom Merrit)
  • Fourcast (futurology/prognostication with Brian, Scott Johnson of Extra Life Radio and two interesting guests),
  • Weird Things (hilarious hypothetical situations posed by the brainy Andrew Main where Brian and Justin Robert Young are the comedy spoils the hypothesis are tested on)
  • NSFW (a veryGiantBomb-style variety show if ever there was one!),
  • Scam School (learn cool magic and tricks to win friends and impress ladies at the bar)

Plus, Michael Rooker is a friend of the NSFW show and Michael Rooker doesn't put up with douches.

(And for my fellow duders, I talk-up GiantBomb and Tested a lot when I'm conversing with TWiT network viewers and viewers/listeners of the above shows, just to be fair).

Oh, and just to head off the comment I know is coming - having a google alert for your name doesn't make you a douche. Everyone I know in radio, television, podcasting, any form of journalism, and a lot of businesses have alerts for their names. It can be useful for a lot of things other than ego-stroking. :)

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By Branthog

@MasturbatingestBear said:

That slow dancing was amazing.

My favorite part was when Jeff tried to sort of "dip" Brian, but it ended up looking like Brian just broke his spine or something. You know the best thing about this video existing? I have been using it ever since it was put up as my video alarm clock. As soon as it's time to wake up, I wake up to the sounds of Lady in Red and the beautiful site of man-on-man slow-dancing.

ScamSchoolBrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By ScamSchoolBrian

@Branthog: I suspect it has to do with a change of roles: We don't mind our entertainers looking like cartoons. We want them to be outrageous and silly when they sing songs and do dances and eat fire... but when we look to them for insight to help shape our view of the tech world/game scene/new media, we want them to look respectable (or at least less like a clown). And that's totally understandable. The same "hook" that was valuable to make me memorable as a stage performer turns out to be a handicap in another medium... and that's okay (take a look at Penn's early look when they rose to fame in the 80's).

Who knows, maybe once podcasting makes enough dough I can afford to just shave my head bald on a lark *cough*DANBROWN*cough*... But until then, I've gotta keep rocking the silly look.

And for the record, that hilariously bad dip was my idea. I take full blame on that one.

jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#215  Edited By jeff

@ScamSchoolBrian said:

And for the record, that hilariously bad dip was my idea. I take full blame on that one.

I will admit, I'm not much of a dipper. I'll work on it for next time!

Avatar image for deactivated-629eab11cc270
deactivated-629eab11cc270

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've watched that video so many times. Total time spent watching it is probably about twice as long as I've played any video game these past 2 weeks.

It is still funny every time.

ScamSchoolBrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By ScamSchoolBrian

@Jeff: I thought we went over this: no judgements! What happened that night was magical, and we'd both have no regrets!!

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By Branthog

@Jeff said:

@ScamSchoolBrian said:

I will admit, I'm not much of a dipper. I'll work on it for next time!

A question that has been eating at me for days, now, is whether you guys discussed whether you (Jeff) should lead or if that just came naturally? :D

Zephyria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#219  Edited By Zephyria

Wow, hah this was definitely worth it. Thanks Jeff and Branthog.

1p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#220  Edited By 1p

Can i download the full show anywhere? I don't want to sift through the justin archive. Thanks.

edit: nevermind, i did the legwork. In case anyone else wants it, here are JTV download links for the parts with Jeff:

part 1 (starts about 6 minutes in)

part 2

part 3 (ends about 10 minutes in)

ekajarmstro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know this is a long shot, but if anyone happens to have the archive of this that would be amazing. I couldn't find anything after looking for like 30 minutes. Curse you justin.tv! Well at least the youtube video is still great by itself.