June 2nd 2008 - Vinny and Brad joined the crew!

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By demonbear

That's right, that flew a bit under the radar but last week was the celebration of the 1rst anniversary of Brad and Vinny joining our favorite crew!

So congrats you two and I can't believe this has been a year already. So here's to another great year of giant bomb content with Brad and Vinny!

Any favorite Brad or Vinny moments?

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By get2sammyb

As someone who wasn't really an avid Gamespot follower I'd never heard of Vinny before (naturally I knew of Jeff, Brad and Ryan, mind) and honestly, I hate to say, but I couldn't stand him when he first joined the podcast.

But now I'm a big fan. He's great in podcast, steers conversation, asks the right questions to keep podcast informative and I think he's a great asset to the team.

I'm racking my brains for a favourite moment, but nothing's really coming to me. However that's not to say there are none because the Bombcast has me stitches literally every week.

Brad is actually my favourite writer on the site too. His writing is clever because it treads the line of entirely casual and magazine-esque -- in that I mean, his writing is fancier than straight-up blogging, but it's more conversational than the pretentious rubbish they print in EDGE.

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

That then marks the one year anniversary of GB being everything that was awesome about gamespot, and some more

ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By ververdan0226

I have to say, I never really followed Gamespot, so I was  only vaguely aware of these guys. Bu when I saw Gerstmann in an episode of the Bonus Round on Gametrailers in November, I decided to check out Giant Bomb and I've enjoined following it for a while. Didn't sign up for an account until a month go, but now its my homepage. The thing that distinguishes Giant Bomb from other sites is the personality behind it. Brad and Vinny are  a large part of that and their contributions to the site and Bombcast every week are awesome. I even went back to Gamespot and started listening to some old episodes of The Hot Spot.

Can't think of any moments in particular, nut Vinny's pretty damn funny and Brad's a great writer...

P.S. On a side note, don't you think Dave should become a regular on Bombcast??

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ververdan0226: He totally should, Dave's a cool guy
demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By demonbear
@ververdan0226 said:
" P.S. On a side note, don't you think Dave should become a regular on Bombcast?? "
Well i'm an IT guy myself so im pretty sure im right when saying the guy don't have the time to show up to every podcast. Just look at what they are working on for this site lately, that requires a big amount of work and Dave is a pretty big part of it.

But as an RPG fan, i love when he drops in the podcast, great guy.
Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Drebin_893
"It's called a turban, you racist bastard"
demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By demonbear

I like Vinny's "Shepard"

daz0608

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By daz0608

I only started listening to the Bombcast in August, but I've just downloaded the podcast from the 3rd of June which was Vinny and Brad's first one

giving it a listen now
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jayge_

I think I'll go listen to the first team-complete cast now, since I never heard it before. Great idea, Daz.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By RHCPfan24
@get2sammyb: I actually feel similar. I really didn't like hearing Vinny in the beginning because he just sounded, honestly, sort of stupid and like he was high. Oh, how things have changed. Vinny is very smart and I am sure he is clean, and he may be my favorite member these days. I love everything he says on the Bombcasts, especially the moments that only we hear and not the rest of crew does (his frequent quips of "Origins" and "Shepard").

I may give the first podcast another listen like Jayge and Daz. It has been awhile.
ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ververdan0226
@demonbear said:
"
@ververdan0226 said:
" P.S. On a side note, don't you think Dave should become a regular on Bombcast?? "
Well i'm an IT guy myself so im pretty sure im right when saying the guy don't have the time to show up to every podcast. Just look at what they are working on for this site lately, that requires a big amount of work and Dave is a pretty big part of it. But as an RPG fan, i love when he drops in the podcast, great guy. "
You do have a point. They really are making a lot of improvements to the site on a weekly basis.
jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jkz

Brad's my favorite writer on the site, and has been one of my favorites for some time (back in the gamespot days.) He's also a great interviewer, and despite the fact that he always manages to fail multiple times, I find his quick-looks to be the most informative.

As for vinny, he's just downright hilarious, and I've liked him since the beginning, especially on the bombcast.

Yay!
Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Kohe321

I remember when they joined, I was thrilled! So awesome. Happy aniversary guys!

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By toowalrus

I love when they asked Alex to join the Giant Bomb crew, but then announced that Alex had gotten the job at Harmonox, and Vinny said sadly "awe, does that mean we have to take the cake back?" Man, I think that happened back before the two of them had officially joined the team.

ryno9881

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By ryno9881

To another amazing year for Giantbomb!

k9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By k9

I agree with sentiments that others have expressed about Vinny. He was never really one of the big personalities on Gamespot and when he joined Giantbomb my attitude towards him was indifferent. I thought he was going to be a behind the scenes guy just like he was for the majority of his time on Gamespot. But I am glad that he decided to partake in both on and off screen activites on Giantbomb. In just one year, Vinny has become one of the strongest assets of the Giantbomb crew and his participation in endurance run and on podcasts among other things have made these products much more enjoyable than they were perhaps meant to be. My only disagreement with Vinny is his hatred of "FLOWer"; how can you hate on a game like that? Oh well, I still find him really entertaining.

Oh, and everyone knows Brad was hired just for his looks.

Jeff: Yo, Brad, go over there and look pretty in front of camera  talking to these developers while I finish eating the rest of my Burger King sandwitch and my two DIET cokes with my  routine energy drink.

Brad: K'.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By JoelTGM

Wow it's been a year?  Vinny and Brad are great, GB for the win.