AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

#101  Edited By AV_Gamer
@alianger said:

Do you have some examples and ways they could improve?

I don't know. I kind of like how Jeff G compares every game to 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand, and rejects it if the game doesn't measure up. That game is quite the high bar. And Jeff B? I could give some ideas, but then I'm afraid he won't do those cool Pinball machine streams anymore. Just let people complain man... stop asking for solutions. This is 2022, not 1962... People today don't want solutions, they want the social media drama.

Broshmosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@braves01 said:

GB is over bros. We can argue about what the turning point was but it feels like death throes now. I think it’s done by end of 2022.

I have seen variations of this literal statement for the past five years.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@broshmosh: I'm old enough to remember when the collapse of Gamespot was imminent thanks to the departure of Gerstmann and pals.

Jeff Gerstmann: Destroying websites for 15 years!

No wonder he's still a threat!

beggary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@esben8: so they hire a woman and you cancel. Got it. Cool y’all are saying this stuff out loud.

StaticFrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beggary: it only seem to matter that she’s a woman to you. This user has their reasons for not liking the new person and being a woman or not was not one of the many they gave. Stop trying to make drama. It’s gross.

Eelvac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Too*

beggary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@staticfrog: I watched this all go down for Abby. Jess wasn’t even mentioned in this thread. It’s the same garbage all over again. She’s been on a handful of episodes but someone’s canceling? Give me a break. There is ONE woman on this site. This is a site for video gamers that skews male gamer, a group notoriously known for their modern opinions about women and gender. You’re telling me sexism couldn’t play a part in it. Cmon. I’ll stir up whatever.

Symbyosys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anywhereilay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've only really been sticking around for Jeffy B and his comical yet informative distain for many contemporary games.

Although I really have fallen off the wagon of late. Just not many personalities I resonate with anymore, for no reason in particular.

Somebody with the power spell correct the topic title, it does my head in.

alianger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 25

@av_gamer said:
@alianger said:

Do you have some examples and ways they could improve?

I don't know. I kind of like how Jeff G compares every game to 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand, and rejects it if the game doesn't measure up. That game is quite the high bar. And Jeff B? I could give some ideas, but then I'm afraid he won't do those cool Pinball machine streams anymore. Just let people complain man... stop asking for solutions. This is 2022, not 1962... People today don't want solutions, they want the social media drama.

Far out man.

MindBullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Since this has become the thread for hot takes that hasn't completely gone up in flames yet, I'll get mine off.

I don't think the problem is that the crew is negative or jaded or pessimistic. I think the problem is that Giant Bomb as a whole lacks chemistry. Now, I don't really blame them. Things have kind of been weird and difficult for a while now, and a lot of that is out of anyone's control. Not just the obvious stuff like Covid, but a bunch of them have been dealing with family and personal issues and it's almost certainly been a struggle to maintain a solid group dynamic through all that. It honestly feels like a lot of the crew just aren't comfortable with the "new normal" of doing everything exclusively over Discord or w/e.

I like Jess. To be fair, I've been aware of Voidburger and the sort of circles she's been in for years. I'm still reeling from the surreal feeling of having that Silent Hill LPer from years back show up on the other video game thing I've known about for years. After GB lost a bunch of people, we kind of had to add more. The problem is that we're still in the awkward phase where she's trying to find her place in the group dynamic, and it can be difficult to listen to sometimes.

Add on all the changes that have been going on with GB as a "brand", and I'm not surprised people are feeling anxious about the whole thing. My hottest of hot takes is that Giant Bomb would probably do better as a Youtube channel similar to MinnMax than continuing to cling onto this website and partitioning everything into specific programming and premium content. I know it's not that simple, but the only other solution I can see is to simply wait and hope they settle into a groove that pleases everyone.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#112  Edited By BaneFireLord
@anywhereilay said:

I've only really been sticking around for Jeffy B and his comical yet informative distain for many contemporary games.

Although I really have fallen off the wagon of late. Just not many personalities I resonate with anymore, for no reason in particular.

This reflects my situation, though swap in Jeffy G for Jeffy B. I love Jeff, despite sharing probably only about .01% of the same video game opinions (specifically that Control kicks ass), but he alone isn't enough to make me keep consuming GB content that I'm otherwise just not vibing with.

For me it's not a problem with personalities or negativity or what have you. Even before Ben and Abby left, let alone the Nextlander exodus, I had barely been watching any GB shows. The site's big new direction coincided with me having a bunch of other sea changes in my life and slowly realizing I just don't really care about watching people play or talk about video games and adjacent topics on the internet anymore, whether it's GB or anyone else. Case in point--I hopped on the Nextlander Patreon the instant it was announced, but despite it being much closer to my preferred version of GB than the site's current output, I have probably only watched, like, one of their streams since they started up and I'm now at least a month behind on their podcasts.

I'm still posting in the forums here and there because I don't really do social media and like to have some small outlet to dump my bad opinions, but otherwise I'm off the GB train and, more broadly, the Game-Adjacent Content Train. I'd say it sucks and I'm sad and wish things were different, and to an extent that's true. But it's inevitable that everything changes and everything ends, and in this case I had a good 10+ years loving this site to pieces before it was no longer for me. That's a hell of a run, and I'm eminently thankful for it.

Retris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know it's been said over and over again, but if anything Jeffy G is less negative now. I think he himself put it well when he said he just doesn't feel like he has to have a take on everything anymore. I think that might make it seem more negative, because he's not saying incendiary shit anymore and instead just states he doesn't like something. But it's really just him being less energetic and treating the job as a job.

I think the problem is that the Bombcast really doesn't have an energetic person anymore. Ben coming back was great, because Ben brought energy and levity to the podcast. Both Jan and Jess are very positive people, but their personalities are more laid back. Even Danny O'Dwyer at this point brings some energy, but they sorely need somebody frenetic like Ryckert.

As for Nextlander, I've started skipping it because it's such a bummer of a show and that's a fucking travesty because Beastcast was my favourite game podcast. At this point Waypoint Radio is the closest to the Beastcast vibe of being positive about games and having fun, but still having legitimate criticism.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I took a dip today, and watched the Anacrusis. To be blatant, I really enjoyed this show. One player I took to immediately was the new hire, she seemed to be having a good time to me. And everyone seemed to be pretty much the same way. In fact, I enjoyed the show so much I felt like perhaps I have been missing instead of just not being highly motivated

Jeff G. of course, towards the end had a few critical things to say after a misfire with a game mechanic. I had already seen another site have the very same problem a few days ago with what involved pushing a button in the game that, perhaps, did not present itself clearly. Though it was logical.

I'm more saying what I think to the other posters, because I feel the original thread post was presented so weakly and without supporting statements. But if I were to read GB's life-signs by what I saw today, I'd say GB is holding it's own. Certainly not overly negative. And I feel Jeff G. has his established place in it. Besides it really being the founder.( or sharing that with Ryan.) Jeff G. is always going to analyze and have opinions. Though I do not always agree, I many times get the feeling that I just might learn something. I admit the last may be just personal inclination.

Nuttism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@retris: Yeah... this has been my main problem for a while. I really enjoy Fire Escape Podcast as it has energy up the wazoo. I honestly enjoy it even more than the Beastcast which in hindsight has made me realize that I never cared that much about the actual game coverage. I still miss Abby as I think she is the funniest person the site has had and every member of the Beastcast (+guests) had a great rapport. She and Dan also brought the best and most creative features. I checked out Nextlander and it was not what I was looking for at all. I wish them the best, but I really feel like they need a fourth member they aren't familiar with who brings some chaos into the proceedings.

I listened to a couple of recent Bombcast episodes and don't agree about them being particularly negative (at least not any more than usual) but it did feel tired. Jan is the most energetic person they have, and I really hope he doesn't get ground up. The episode he hosted was a lot of fun. That being said, I actually like some of the changes happening to the site at large. I feel like they communicate more than they have for some time and I like how they are taking chances and branching out with their shows (even if the execution could at times be better). I am also glad they hired Jess, though I still feel like they are lacking a full time staff member.

hullotou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By hullotou
@yankeesmcav1 said:

Too*

Thank you!

OP - if you don't like what they say, try emphasising with them to understand why they said it. If you do this, then you start to realise that it's ok to have a different opinion on a topic and that you don't need to be right all the time.

ryudo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By ryudo

SF office was always more cynical where GBeast was more positive. Having those two worked as we got two sides of the same coin. Now that dynamic is gone. So now it just feels all cynical. JB is a guy who seems to not give a shit about games that much and rather focus on keyboards. JG no longer has someone to challenge him so everyone nods their head. I agree seems to be very little passion for games.

shepdelonge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaser324: It’s funny you say this, because often you find the mods come into chats and post snidey, not constructive comments to discredit any criticism, Sweep’s comment being a prime example. I’d bet if one of us normal forum go-ers acted like that consistently we’d be kicked out or given a cool down period.

Broshmosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hullotou said:
@yankeesmcav1 said:

Too*

Thank you!

OP - if you don't like what they say, try emphasising with them to understand why they said it. If you do this, then you start to realise that it's ok to have a different opinion on a topic and that you don't need to be right all the time.

it's a little bit (just a little bit) rich that you are lauding somebody correcting the thread title, when you yourself didn't go to the effort of checking how to spell "empathising".

hullotou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@broshmosh: That's fair mate, I got confused between emphasis and empathize, silly me!

StaticFrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MisterSims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beggary said:

@staticfrog: I watched this all go down for Abby. Jess wasn’t even mentioned in this thread. It’s the same garbage all over again. She’s been on a handful of episodes but someone’s canceling? Give me a break. There is ONE woman on this site. This is a site for video gamers that skews male gamer, a group notoriously known for their modern opinions about women and gender. You’re telling me sexism couldn’t play a part in it. Cmon. I’ll stir up whatever.

I honestly really hate takes like this. Just because Jess is a woman, people like you think that she is somehow supposed to be immune and protected against any type of criticism. Being a woman is not the reason that people gave for not really jiving with her personality and attitude. Personally, I really enjoyed having Abby around and thought that what she brought to the table in terms of personality, enthusiasm, humor and knowledge on her preferred gaming choices was very welcome and refreshing. In fact, I find it sexist of you to not allow people to have criticism of someone just because she is a woman. Everyone gets judged by their own merits. Yes, the gaming industry on a broader scale can be a toxic place for women, but it is completely wrong of you to generalize that the "video gamer group" is inherently sexist. It is NOT a fact that any and all negative commentary about a woman in gaming is a sexist act. There are no protected classes here. And people have the right to voice their own opinions.

MisterSims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bruise said:

I mostly agree with the post. Mostly. I think the issue is Jeff's "a bit crass/negative sounding" vibe was always balanced out by the optimistic and high spirited Vinny (pre-Beast Cast) and Brad who got better over time, both of whom mostly seemed to really just enjoy video games in general. The, let's call them, supporting cast were right in the middle.

When Brad left and they rotated Jess in, they appear as another Jeff-type personality who I personally feel comes off slightly negative and sometimes I feel like they are forcing it to be contrarian. Maybe this is what people liked about Voidburger (never heard of VB before) and that content, but thus far I find myself kind of not wanting to listen as often. I think at this juncture, if Bakalar left, I would probably move away from GB as a whole. Not that he's like uber positive, but I find him funny week to week.

To agree with @yyninja, it isn't the content that's changed, it's the general tone of the show that is hurting the show for me. I think having opinions is great and should keep that way as I value the cast's opinions, but the aura is just "this sucks". Those that enjoy it, that's great! It may just not be for me anymore. And that's ok. I'll keep listening and hope they see constructive criticism and address, if they feel it requires change. If not, nbd! It's their show :)

THIS. Completely. I couldn't have said this any better. This is exactly how I feel but didn't have the words to express. Thank you.

Bruise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@mistersims: Glad I could help articulate! I rewrote this a couple times :D

styx971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My hottest of hot takes is that Giant Bomb would probably do better as a Youtube channel similar to MinnMax than continuing to cling onto this website and partitioning everything into specific programming and premium content. I know it's not that simple, but the only other solution I can see is to simply wait and hope they settle into a groove that pleases everyone.

i can understand why you say this but i honestly just disagree . if youtube still had a page format that had years ago where you had a grid of playlists maybe , but the way it is now even 'channels' i know have X thing i have a hard time finding it thats not even mentioning new content. its why even tho i like what i like from nextlander i hate that i don't have a website/hub to find stuff on vs just scrolling all the videos to find a certain thing i waited to watch. so i'm happy we have a website for gb. i seen ppl mention youtube views in the reddit and it makes me wonder how many ppl actually use YT for looking at certain content instead of the site cause i know i don't touch it for gb. i also think minnmax is big enough now that i wish they had a hub too . some of those guys were great at gi but i mostly ignored their stuff since ben started that after leaving aside from a few exit interviews and i'd love to have a better hub even if it redirects to youtube.

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

@beggary said:

I honestly really hate takes like this. Just because Jess is a woman, people like you think that she is somehow supposed to be immune and protected against any type of criticism. Being a woman is not the reason that people gave for not really jiving with her personality and attitude. Personally, I really enjoyed having Abby around and thought that what she brought to the table in terms of personality, enthusiasm, humor and knowledge on her preferred gaming choices was very welcome and refreshing. In fact, I find it sexist of you to not allow people to have criticism of someone just because she is a woman. Everyone gets judged by their own merits. Yes, the gaming industry on a broader scale can be a toxic place for women, but it is completely wrong of you to generalize that the "video gamer group" is inherently sexist. It is NOT a fact that any and all negative commentary about a woman in gaming is a sexist act. There are no protected classes here. And people have the right to voice their own opinions.

Slow claps.

Even though like you, I liked Abby and don't see anything wrong with Jess, so far.

@Everyone else: Lets stick to the subject at hand. You know, whether both Jeff's are being grumpy meanies, before the mods have a panic attack. They've been pretty hands off so far, which is a first.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#127 FinalDasa  Moderator

If ya'll can't stay on topic this will get locked.

Amazing to watch a simple, odd statement about pessimism that has always been a part of Jeff's personality into a weird debate over a woman working at GB. Please stop that.

StaticFrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@finaldasa:

Seems only a certain few have been trying to skew posts to be about sexism, when the rest really haven’t been at all. I think quite the majority of posts have been on topic. If only there was some sort of moderation in place that could deal with those particular comments instead of being a smart ass with GIANT TEXT to make sure everyone sees it or threatening to quell a conversation because of a couple people trying to admittedly stir up shit.

As an aside, this thread has made me realize I don’t want to contribute financially to this site anymore. Many reasons over the past couple year and the way the mods have abused power here is just a reminder to let go. I’m glad the site finally put out a couple quick looks in the past day ( it was creeping up to a month since the last one), but it’s too little too late for me. I wish the GB crew the best.

MisterSims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As someone who has shared the current sentiment, I find it necessary to give credit where it is due; I feel that staff has most likely seen the recent critiques and are probably actively trying to work on it. Even if they don't admit it explicitly, I have confidence that the discussion has been acknowledged in some way. This was never about trying to debate staff opinions, but to quell the level of overall violent negativity that some people have expressed has started to become increasingly tiresome for them. I think the most recent UPF was bearable, and hopefully this can be a step in a more positive direction. Only time will tell.

Daveydave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Daveydave

I actually think this thread has mostly been fine. Why not moderate the posts rather than the thread? It does seem the site forums have a moderation issue which would explain the lack of activity.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#131 FinalDasa  Moderator

@staticfrog: As I stated if threads stray off-topic we tend to lock them. And smart ass replies are pretty in-line with GB forums, there are more than one in this very thread, we don't moderate sarcastic remarks just ones that violate our community rules. But good luck out there.

@daveydave Just because you don't see moderation doesn't mean there isn't any. If a thread spirals off-topic and becomes more moderation work for us, then we lock it. However this thread has also been up for days and has pages of replies, it's not like most people haven't had their chance to voice their opinion.

MindBullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@styx971: You're not wrong. There's a whole list of reasons why they can't/shouldn't ditch the site. Like I said, that's my spiciest take I've had locked away in my heart of hearts for a while.

It's mostly born from a persistent feeling that their need to organize everything into formal shows can be a bit frustrating or limiting at times. I think some of the crew have even mentioned that they've passed on or reworked ideas simply because they just couldn't figure out how to organize it on the site.

I'm also not a huge fan of the current strategy seeming to be about using YouTube mainly as a way to advertise this site and the 'real' content you have to pay for. I dunno, something about it feels backwards to me, but I'm no Business Guy so what do I know?

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Yeah I do feel a negative vibe from the two Jeff’s. I’m not expecting them to change or try to be bubbly when speaking. Its who they are. But there’s a lot of grumbles from them on things not even game related where it can be a bit much for a 2 hour podcast.

Perhaps they’re not talking much about games they really like? Although I remember the Far Cry 6 discussion where Jeff G said he really liked it but didnt talk much about what he liked doing in it.

Jen, Jason & Jess are great. Really dont understand the Jess negativity gripes in here.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On the plus side, when Jeff(s) gets really excited about something, you know it's a banger. He did seemingly get comfy with Far Cry 6 as a thing to do.

styx971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mindbullet: yeah i can understand that reasoning , the site's current design has been a bit lackluster in format since they put it up , honestly a 'everything else' show section could have fixed that issue , i think thats what they did for a while with the lockdown 2020 stuff but it made going back n trying to watch what i missed at the time a bit of a pain too .

@shindig said:

On the plus side, when Jeff(s) gets really excited about something, you know it's a banger. He did seemingly get comfy with Far Cry 6 as a thing to do.

yeah jeff really does get excited when he really likes something , its great even if the stuff isn't within my tastes i still love hearing about it. i think for him FC6 was a right time right place game cause the new baby n all , ubisoft games tend to be like a mindless popcorn movie vibe these days, i told my fiancee valhalla was pretty mehh for me overall but that i thought he would like it as an after work game for that same reason , alot of good 'bite sized' things to do when you can't fit stuff in or don't have the energy.

chiefbott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im okay with the negativity because its where the funny stuff is especially if it comes from jeff G

i always felt jeff g should just be his own twitch channel and all this fluff surrounding it isnt necessary but i dont know maybe im going a bit to far on that

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had to give up when every single piece of content save for a dying podcast was locked behind a premium wall. I understand they have to make money, but when they take everything that made the site good, and lock it behind a paywall, it sucks.

Ohverture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Weird, I hear a good mix of positivity mixed with middle-aged cynicism and experience, as well as coping with a new kid after a house move. All of these things I can relate to, it's one of the most relatable 'casts out there for me. I have a 4yo, I'm over 40, I'm tired a lot, I have a much lower bullshit threshold than I had - but even I can still see that there's a lot of excitement and fun still being generated by these folk in the podcast, it just feels a tad easier to relate to.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's ironic because we also have the same smattering of people that show up to say something like this only ever posting to bitterly complain about the direction of the site or its personalities.

Jeff G is Jeff G and he's always going to be Jeff G. I've never considered him to be overly negative, just at times very strong willed when disliking something (or disagreeing with someone). Yes, sometimes it drives me a little nuts when he steamrolls a conversation, particularly when it is something that it seems like others have enjoyed and I'd like to hear why, but it's not the end of the world either way. I love Inscryption already, I don't need buying advice on Inscryption, or validation on Inscryption, or some kind of new eye-opening reason I love Inscryption that I didn't realize before (or in contrast, some reason why I might hate it, actually). People make too big of a deal about stuff like this when it has always been just a couple of people sitting around shooting the shit about games, and always, always, ALWAYS in a crazy declarative manner that you would never see in day-to-day conversation. If you don't like it, or if you feel it is too negative for you, just skip ahead or turn it off. Problem solved.

TheDashFox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All three of them are generally.... I used to want to say Jaded, but I can no longer say it's just being jaded for Brad shoemaker I mean this past week he was ragging on a game for adding the v-sync and then they all went off on a tangent about it.

Including " why not just play it on PC at that point"

I mean I get it you spend 20 years looking I'm reviewing games you might get a bit jaded but bloodworth easy allies is clearly seen a lot of games and and he will be critical but without being too so damn negative.

I know being too negative is a criticism that a lot of people just throw around these days but but Vinny Alex and brad.. especially needs to just perk up a little bit someone give him a shot of adrenaline in a red bull n_n

I don't like getting tired listening to them because the fun when they're not talking about all the new releases like they've just had spend 2 years and a cabin with FIFA 2015 and nothing else.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

This just sems so strange the people think they can say how peopel are SUPPOSED to act, what they are supposed to be upbeat about.

The words jaded or blasé to describe the member of the podcast; can just as easily be decribed as; upfront and/or direct. They said what they felt about A GAME, and if that hurts your feeling when they are not attacking you, then you are the one with a problem not them.

No Caption Provided

Why should anyone who works at Giant Bomb be expected to be cheery and happy about games they feel are lacking? Because you will be OFFFDENED they don't like something you like? Really?

DemiGodRaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the single 'O' in 'to' is my new 'watitng' since we keep resurrecting this thread.

avantegardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I remember years ago, Jeff had mentioned how he doesn't get super hyped for a lot of games anymore. A teaser trailer with a logo won't set him off anymore. And I was like "whaattt??"

Now I'm in my mid-30's and I get it. Games are still cool, though. And there's plenty to like, even if it's not the big AAA releases of the season.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

Regarding the negativity I have found other outlets that are a little more positive.

Nextlander is the obvious one if you just miss Vinny, Brad and Alex.

Play, Watch, Listen with Alanah Pearce, Austin Wintory, Troy Baker and Mike Bithell has probably become my new favorite video game podcast. Also the 3 idiots and a broad podcast Alanah does once a month is just stupidly funny and makes me laugh in a way a podcast hasn't done in a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time.

Fire Escape Cast with Dan Ryckert, Mary Kish and Mike Mahardy is also alright.

MinnMax show is also okay. Mostly just listen to it if I need to have something on in the background.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

But I think my main issue with GB today is, like someone else already said, that the chemistry mostly isn't there. Except for maybe Jan, who seems to be a social chameleon that kind blend in most places, the rest of the crew seem more like employees than friends. And of course they are employees but when GB started out it just had a different energy than it does now. It was clear that Jeff, Ryan, Vinny and Brad were also friends outside of GB.

You don't really get that feel with the new crew.

But other video game channels have that friendship feel/chemistry these days.