Kingdom Hearts 3?

ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ververdan0226

Anybody think we'll get one any time soon? I've been on a PS2 kick lately and I just started replaying Kingdom Hearts 2. I think I'm going to try out Re: Chain of Memories as well, which I have not played. Nothing has been officially confirmed but it would be ridiculos to say they aren't working on another one. I know there was that trailer a little while back, and I hope the game would look something like that because that was pretty cool. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for 358/2 Days and Birth by Sleep (whenever that comes out) but I want a proper Kingdom Hearts installment. Anyone think we could get an announcement at Tokyo Game Show this year? Revealed this fall for a late 2010 release? Probably not, but seeing that KH2 came out four years after the original, this one might be the same. Just thinking of eight times as big Disney worlds in high-res makes me piss my pants. One can only hope...

Oh, and how long before the sequel came out was it revealed, because I want something to make me hopeful that it will release in 2010, which, again, it probably won't. What Disney worlds would you like to see added (maybe Pixar ones??) and what improvements would you like to see made. I would just  like to see them use more of the face buttons for combos instead of just X, so that way there could be some variation and real combos (not to say the first two weren't good, just a little simple.

Do you think it would go multiplatform as well? It seems ridiculous that it wouldn't? I'm a Sony fan, but I don'y even care at this point and if more people can experience Kh, then I'm happy.

P.S. Don't comment if you don'y like Kingdom Hearts. I know there are a good deal of you out there who don't.

RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By RichardLOlson
The first one was good for somthing different.  But the second one was just to much glitz and glamour for me.
ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ververdan0226

Gee, thanks for answering my question...

I'm not trying to get your opinions, I just want to know what you guys think about the possibilities of a sequel.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By JJOR64

I bet there will be a Kingdom Hearts 3 eventually but, they probably want to finish Birth By Sleep first.

azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By azteris
@JJOR64 said:
" I bet there will be a Kingdom Hearts 3 eventually but, they probably want to finish Birth By Sleep first. "
and 358/2 Days.
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By JJOR64
@Azteris said:
"
@JJOR64 said:
" I bet there will be a Kingdom Hearts 3 eventually but, they probably want to finish Birth By Sleep first. "
and 358/2 Days. "
Technically 358/2 Days is already done and has been already released in Japan.  They just need to localize it for other countries now.
jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By jeffgoldblum
@ververdan0226 said:
Nothing has been officially confirmed but it would be ridiculos to say they aren't working on another one. "
It may not be as ridiculous as you think. First of all the voice of Mickey just died, and who knows when disney will decide on a new one. Square has also said that disney is a very hard company to deal with, They are very picky about how their characters are portrayed. So who knows it could be years before we see a new Kingdom Hearts game.
ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ververdan0226

Yeah, that was sad to hear about the guy who did Mickey's voice...

azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By azteris
@JeffGoldblum said:
"
@ververdan0226 said:
Nothing has been officially confirmed but it would be ridiculos to say they aren't working on another one. "
It may not be as ridiculous as you think. First of all the voice of Mickey just died, and who knows when disney will decide on a new one. Square has also said that disney is a very hard company to deal with, They are very picky about how their characters are portrayed. So who knows it could be years before we see a new Kingdom Hearts game. "
Then again, see sales charts for any Kingdom Hearts game.
ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ververdan0226

Plus, you say Disney is picky, but their already doing two side games featuring Disney characters, so they can't be that picky.

Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Axersia
No, there won't be a KH3 anytime soon. The main KH team is currently working on FFvs13 and they can't start development on KH3 until after it's finished (which will probably be in 2011 or so -- development on Versus has been extremely slow because they had to help out with FF13 as well), and the smaller Re:CoM team is currently working on Birth by Sleep, but they would never develop a main series entry for current-gen consoles.

Don't expect a KH3 until 2013 at the earliest (and that would be in Japan only), but that's still wishful thinking knowing Square Enix's track record. Nomura has stated there are plans for a new game in the series, though.
jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By jeffgoldblum
@ververdan0226 said:
" Plus, you say Disney is picky, but their already doing two side games featuring Disney characters, so they can't be that picky. "
I said Disney is hard to work with not impossible if they were impossible none of these games would have come out.
cc23574

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By cc23574

@Axersia said:
"No, there won't be a KH3 anytime soon. The main KH team is currently working on FFvs13 and they can't start development on KH3 until after it's finished (which will probably be in 2011 or so -- development on Versus has been extremely slow because they had to help out with FF13 as well), and the smaller Re:CoM team is currently working on Birth by Sleep, but they would never develop a main series entry for current-gen consoles.

Don't expect a KH3 until 2013 at the earliest (and that would be in Japan only), but that's still wishful thinking knowing Square Enix's track record. Nomura has stated there are plans for a new game in the series, though."

I was thinking the same.
Cyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Cyst

Actually, I think they're working on it right now. They probably have Versus XIII and Kingdom Hearts 3 working in parallel. That means that KH3 is most likely only in pre-production/concept stages, but they're definitely doing something already.

It'll have to be PS3/360 though. Maybe a teaser at 2011 TGS, actual release in 2012.

Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Axersia
@Cyst said:
" Actually, I think they're working on it right now. They probably have Versus XIII and Kingdom Hearts 3 working in parallel. That means that KH3 is most likely only in pre-production/concept stages, but they're definitely doing something already.It'll have to be PS3/360 though. Maybe a teaser at 2011 TGS, actual release in 2012. "
Oh, I'm sure it's in pre-production, but that really doesn't mean much. You could say KH2 was in pre-production before KH1 was even released. I can't see it being greenlit for full-scale development until Versus is done, though. SE never has the same team working on multiple projects. The big exception was putting the KH/Versus team on FF13 because they had trouble working with their proprietary engine and things just weren't going too well.

I was thinking of a teaser at TGS 2011 as well (so far every KH game has been announced at TGS, I think), but that would mean a 2013 Japan release and 2014 in the rest of the world. They'll never have it finished in a year. It was the same way for KH2 which was announced at TGS 03.
Blu_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Blu_Magic

I'd absolutely love to get a Kingdom hearts 3. If it does come out though, hopefully it'll be multiplat.

Cyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Cyst
@Axersia said:
"
@Cyst said:
" Actually, I think they're working on it right now. They probably have Versus XIII and Kingdom Hearts 3 working in parallel. That means that KH3 is most likely only in pre-production/concept stages, but they're definitely doing something already.It'll have to be PS3/360 though. Maybe a teaser at 2011 TGS, actual release in 2012. "
Oh, I'm sure it's in pre-production, but that really doesn't mean much. You could say KH2 was in pre-production before KH1 was even released. I can't see it being greenlit for full-scale development until Versus is done, though. SE never has the same team working on multiple projects. The big exception was putting the KH/Versus team on FF13 because they had trouble working with their proprietary engine and things just weren't going too well.I was thinking of a teaser at TGS 2011 as well (so far every KH game has been announced at TGS, I think), but that would mean a 2013 Japan release and 2014 in the rest of the world. They'll never have it finished in a year. It was the same way for KH2 which was announced at TGS 03. "
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they say they had announced KH2 way too early? I'm not saying it'll be done in a year, but maybe this time they'll be alot quicker with their release plans.

I think it'll be green-lit in 2010, or whenever Versus is released in Japan. Teaser at TGS '11, release in 2012 Japan, early 2013 US/EU. I just think they'll be more aware of the rest of the world when announcing it in Japan.

ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ververdan0226
@JeffGoldblum:  Nice picture of Ryan lol and I get what you meant.

That's right, I forgot Nomura and the Kingdom Hearts team were working on Versus. So yeah, its probably in pre-production, but we won't see for a while. By the way, when are we going to see anything (gameplay or otherwise) from Versus because we've heard next to nothing forever. TGS this year maybe?
Cyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Cyst
@ververdan0226 said:
" @JeffGoldblum:  Nice picture of Ryan lol and I get what you meant.

That's right, I forgot Nomura and the Kingdom Hearts team were working on Versus. So yeah, its probably in pre-production, but we won't see for a while. By the way, when are we going to see anything (gameplay or otherwise) from Versus because we've heard next to nothing forever. TGS this year maybe? "
Oh yes, absolutely. If we don't see Versus XIII gameplay at TGS '09, either it'll be delayed or they weren't as far along in development as we thought they were. If the Versus team isn't working on FF13 anymore, they must be ready to show some gameplay.

I'd say definitely gameplay at TGS.
Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Axersia
@Cyst said:
" Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they say they had announced KH2 way too early? I'm not saying it'll be done in a year, but maybe this time they'll be alot quicker with their release plans.I think it'll be green-lit in 2010, or whenever Versus is released in Japan. Teaser at TGS '11, release in 2012 Japan, early 2013 US/EU. I just think they'll be more aware of the rest of the world when announcing it in Japan. "
Well, they did manage to release KH1 a year after they announced it at E3 2001 (I just checked) and it was originally scheduled to be released that same year, so I guess it's possible, but I just don't have much faith in them releasing it a year after they announce it -- even if they intend to. Something will go wrong. With the exception of CoM, every KH game has suffered delays. If they manage to finish Versus in 2010 (and they better, but it just wouldn't surprise if they take until early 2011) then sure, I could see 2012/2013 happening.

And yes, I do think we'll finally get to see gameplay of Versus at this year's TGS. It's been 3 frickin years since it's been announced -- they just can't have us wait any longer.
ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ververdan0226

I hope so...

Oh and is just me, but Versus seems to FFXII as Rising will be Metal Gear Solid 4, kind of like a more action-heavy counterpart (from what we've heard). Am I wrong in thinking that Versus seems less RPG-ish from what's been heard? Maybe I heard it wrong... Do you think Versus would be like a much more complex Kingdom Hearts in terms of gameplay (not story)?

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22  Edited By fr0br0

I would love me some KH3. But I know not to expect it for a long time.

Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Axersia
@ververdan0226 said:
" I hope so...Oh and is just me, but Versus seems to FFXII as Rising will be Metal Gear Solid 4, kind of like a more action-heavy counterpart (from what we've heard). Am I wrong in thinking that Versus seems less RPG-ish from what's been heard? Maybe I heard it wrong... Do you think Versus would be like a much more complex Kingdom Hearts in terms of gameplay (not story)? "
Well, KH was never much of an RPG either (heck, the original KH even started development as a straight-up platformer). The only reason why people call it an RPG is because it's a Square Enix game with FF characters and a leveling system. If another company had developed it during this generation, people would probably just call it an action/adventure game like I do. I mean, we don't call Devil May Cry, Wolverine and inFamous RPGs either, right? And yet, they all have leveling systems.

As for Versus being even less of an RPG... Well, I wouldn't be surprised if they just dropped the leveling system, actually. They did the same thing for FFCC: The Crystal Bearers, and in KH2: Final Mix you can equip this ability called "EXP0" when you play on the Critical Mode that causes you to not earn any EXP (yes, making you stay at lvl 1 the entire game unless you decide to unequip it). A leveling system just isn't neccesary in this type of game.

As for Versus being more complex in terms of combat... Meh, I still think it's gonna be all flash with little depth to it. If they manually allow you to run up skyscrapers that would be awesome, though. But I certainly wouldn't expect a combat engine as deep as DMC's.
ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ZenaxPure

I'm curious if KH3 will be only on PS3 or become multiplat like FF13 did. I would say Kingdom Hearts is probably Square's (enix games aside) other biggest series and would probably be smart to make multiplat.

ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ververdan0226

I'm not saying DMC deep, just deeper than KH.

Cyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Cyst
@ververdan0226 said:
" I hope so...Oh and is just me, but Versus seems to FFXII as Rising will be Metal Gear Solid 4, kind of like a more action-heavy counterpart (from what we've heard). Am I wrong in thinking that Versus seems less RPG-ish from what's been heard? Maybe I heard it wrong... Do you think Versus would be like a much more complex Kingdom Hearts in terms of gameplay (not story)? "
Well, with Rising, its not exactly the same director working on it as it was with MGS4 [but apparently Kojima is getting deeply involved with it, so he may be directing again]. But if I understood correctly, the MGS4 team is working on Peace Walker, while a new team is on Rising. Which means that while KH2 and Versus XIII is very much the same team, Rising and MGS4 are two different teams. I do think that Versus will be more complex than KH2.

So Versus is to FFXIII as MGS4 is to Peace Walker.
lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#27  Edited By lordofultima
@ververdan0226 said:
" Gee, thanks for answering my question...I'm not trying to get your opinions, I just want to know what you guys think about the possibilities of a sequel. "
That in itself would be an opinion. My opinion on the release of a sequel? 2011.
NinjaSquirrel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#28  Edited By NinjaSquirrel

Make it happen, square.
Cyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Cyst
@lordofultima said:
"
@ververdan0226 said:
" Gee, thanks for answering my question...I'm not trying to get your opinions, I just want to know what you guys think about the possibilities of a sequel. "
That in itself would be an opinion. My opinion on the release of a sequel? 2011. "
Haha? If it releases in 2011, where does that leave the English releases of KH: Birth By Sleep AND Versus XIII? They can't put out KH3 before those games. They've actually been announced.
ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ververdan0226

ha ha

zander1123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#31  Edited By zander1123

You guys should be excited for Versus, it is going to be what KH2 was suppose to be before Disney steped in and said they didnt like how dark the game is. So i dont know about any of you but i am excited for it. 

Cyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Cyst
@zander1123 said:
" You guys should be excited for Versus, it is going to be what KH2 was suppose to be before Disney steped in and said they didnt like how dark the game is. So i dont know about any of you but i am excited for it.  "
Woah, Disney did that? Well, they should be in for a sweet surprise when they play 358/2 Days.
ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ververdan0226
@zander1123 said:
" You guys should be excited for Versus, it is going to be what KH2 was suppose to be before Disney steped in and said they didnt like how dark the game is. So i dont know about any of you but i am excited for it.  "
Never said I wasn't.